Friends in Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends in Iran

Well I have some - strange but true and started a blog to give the info they have which you find here: Converations with Tehran: June 2011
    If anyone has questions I shall ask my freind your question. If anyone has security advice I would welcome it. I am very interested, naturaly, in any nuclear information I could ask for.
    I myself do not know the true identities of my friend and prefer not to. I have the uncut copy for those who need the further information (mostly about me trying to reassure him) and those who I know here and trust. As I say in the blog my prime directive is my friends security.

Here is edited version:

"Well I am afraid my first friend Enzo was too scared to speak any longer but passed me to another young Iranian whom I shall call Tehran. I had spoken to this person several times before but not in depth. In these converations I am 'London', another friend also enters the conversations as I was asking all how is the most secure means to communicate - my first priority being the security of 'Tehran'. To help put 'Tehran' at ease, and because we were mostly looking for a secure form of communication I introduced 'Bombay' who understands the net alot better than I. So here world is our communication from the the real Iran (names and parts of the conversation that might lead to the speakers have been edited out for obvious reasons):

Tehran: Hey there, how are you?
    London: Hi. I'm fine thank you, how are you?
    London: How is Tehran?
    Tehran: People are out of solutions. There are internal fights in the government, and there’s a good chance that the President may be impeached or killed.
    London: May I add a friend? This is a real-life friend.
    Tehran:Is your friend trustworthy?
    London: I'd trust this friend with my life.
    Tehran: Okay then.

Bombay enters conversation.

London: Bombay, meet my Iranian pal. Tehran, meet Bombay.
    Bombay: Hello Tehran.
    Tehran: Hello there.
    London: Tehran is a Persian dissident friend of mine.
    Bombay: So how's Iran this morning?

Tehran refuses to answer (actualy Tehran was quizzing me closely on the safety of 'Bombay').

Bombay: Well this conversation got stale quick.
    London: He’s worried about who you are.
    Bombay: I'm Mossad Assasin but friendly (this is a joke)
    Tehran: I was just telling London that the people in Iran are out of solutions. Seeing as the government here is so cruel, people are too scared to do anything. Leaders of the opposition have been placed under house-arrest. The opposition are our friends.
    London: So from a political point of view, this standoff between the President and religious leader is about what?
    Tehran: The President didn’t agree with the religious leader even before he was elected, and our politicians knew that. Now the President is trying to increase his power. Initially, the religious leader tried to stop him, but the President has gone and gathered documents against the religious leader, and now anyone who dares speak against the President the President tries to have removed from government. He tried to fire an intelligence minister, but the religious leader didn’t allow for it to happen.
    London: Okay, so it’s an unhappy stalemate at present.
    Tehran: It’s in the media’s hands now. The President’s media are beginning to produce propaganda in favour of the President and against the religious leader. The same goes for the religious leader’s media. They’re both producing propaganda.
    London: And what are your opinions on this, Tehran?
    Tehran: I favour no side. Both sides want complete control.
    London: Tehran, who will win this do you think?
    Tehran: Compared to the religious leader, the President’s power is meaningless. Iran’s law allows for the religious leader to remove the President from the government without any explanation.
    London: Well, what about the 'opposition'? Where do they stand in this?
    Tehran: The opposition are being murdered in prison on a weekly basis. If it keeps going at the rate it has been, in a few months there will be no opposition left.
    Bombay: Tehran, if you want to write a blog then there are people who can make your voice heard. What internet restrictions do you have?
    Tehran: Bombay, I'm using a (edit) now, but because of (edit) its strength is low and I can't risk much.
    London: If you need a secure blog post or something Bombay can sort it - like I said she's good with the internet. Most of all I am concerned about you.
    Bombay: London will tell me if I need to know more Tehran, and you have my identity you can use if you need it. I understand your situation though so...
    It will all be okay. We’ll have ice cold beer one day, okay?
    Tehran: Thank you. There’s no one else outside of Iran I talk to about these things.

Bombay exits conversation (Tehran was very nervous about Bombays identity and Bombay realised this so left us to chat alone).

London: What are they saying about Syria there?
    Tehran: Not a lot. When Syria comes up, they say they’re rebels, and that the Iranian government is sending an army there unofficially to help the Syria government kill people.
    London: Well my friend, I don't really know what to say - let me explain the feelings of the West: Libya we are taking a hand in because the Arab League asked us and even Lebanon sponsored the Security Council Resolution 1973. As far as Syria goes, we are honestly scared to intervene, although this has the potential to change alot.
    Tehran: you know, unfortunately changing regimes around me won’t do very much. A lot of people here are very much against the West still. The attitudes of people are the things that need changing.
    London: Well yes I can understand that. There is no reason why we should not respect each other’s beliefs. I am a Christian but have prayed in many Mosques. There is only one God.
    Tehran: I have a question related to this matter. Why does BBC Persia censor news about the green revolution here? Are they scared? I know you’re not from the BBC to answer me but people were interested in that kind of television before Iran disturbed their signal. Their censorship has made that channel useless in Iran. There are a lot of comments on BBC websites about this matter from Iran, and all are unanswered. My point is that the West should try to change the minds of people here by telling the truth to people and not lying about- or censoring- information.
    London: It’s probably because if they didn't censor they wouldn't be allowed to broadcast at all. (I have edited here).
    Tehran: I think this kind of help would be more effective. Oh, and one other thing. Iran has more advanced nuclear technology than the people in the West would like to believe.
    London: How do you know this? Be very careful….
    Tehran: Yes, I think its best that we not go on about this any further
    London: Tell me, what do your parents think about the green movement/revolution? Do they agree?
    Tehran: Absolutely, my parents agree.
    London: So let’s say the green revolution goes the best it can- what is the result?
    Tehran: People just want relations to stabilize. Ideally there would be no more power struggles at the end of the revolution.
    London: Do you know whether Iran plans to attack Israel? (I am not pro-Israel, by the way).
    Tehran: They don’t have the guts to attack any country in the near future.
    London: Well, that’s hopeful.
    Tehran: Okay, I think I should go now.
    London: All right, if you must, you must. I’ll always be here for you and if you need to scream...(edit)
    Tehran: Thank you again for your concern.
    London: Always a pleasure to meet a Gentleman.
    Tehran: You try to be happy over there, too. Good luck!

"The opposition are being murdered in prison on a weekly basis." See: Iran: Dire human rights situation persists two years after disputed election | Amnesty International I do not feel entitled to comment on my friends words. I am, after all a 'westerner' who enjoys our liberties. I cannot understand what life must be like to keep your ideas and opinions private day by day... Though I am a Christian I can only pray for my Muslim brother. I do not know if all his claims are true - I merely give my friends testimony. However as you see by his reaction to 'Bombay' this person is scared - I cannot imagine this so I comment not. In all of this my prime directive is the safety of my friend, not because of freedom or anything but because he's my pal."

If you don't mind me asking, where do you know there people from?
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

One from meeting him and the others only online who are friend of the first.

Comment

My latest information prompted me to contact the relevant authorities and so sadly I shall not be continuing this blog.

Comment

Who have you been able to contact regarding what is happening in Iran?
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

At the same time some "credible public opinion poll" organizers here in the West claim that through 1500 (some even less than 1000) phone calls to inside Iran they've figured out that 59 to 60% of Iranians support this murderous, rapist regime.

Examples of those type of fabricated and falsified numbers can be seen in subhuman Flint Everette and Eric Brill websites.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryajet View Post
              At the same time some "credible public opinion poll" organizers here in the West claim that through 1500 (some even less than 1000) phone calls to inside Iran they've figured out that 59 to 60% of Iranians support this murderous, rapist regime.

Examples of those type of fabricated and falsified numbers can be seen in subhuman Flint Everette and Eric Brill websites.
              So how many more ppl would they require to have 'credible public opinion poll' then ?

My understanding of sampling theory is if they got at least 2000, and scattered their calls appropriately across the country they'd end up with an error margin +/-5%.

London: Tell me, what do your parents think about the green movement/revolution? Do they agree?
              Tehran: Absolutely, my parents agree.
              Couldn't help drawing parallels with the Chinese parents & their kids in Tianamen Square. The Chinese parents were not interested in another revolution having been through one themselves. So theirs was a muted response to the ensuing crackdown.

So it comes as some surprise that Iranian parents who would likewise have been through their own revolution and how well that went would be eager for another.

Aryajet, my guess is more would be against than for.
              Last edited by Double Edge; 24 Jun 11,, 21:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                So how many more ppl would they require to have 'credible public opinion poll' then ?

My understanding of sampling theory is if they got at least 2000, and scattered their calls appropriately across the country they'd end up with an error margin +/-5%.

Couldn't help drawing parallels with the Chinese parents & their kids in Tianamen Square. The Chinese parents were not interested in another revolution having been through one themselves. So theirs was a muted response to the ensuing crackdown.

So it comes as some surprise that Iranian parents who would likewise have been through their own revolution and how well that went would be eager for another.

D.E
                During a phone conversation from an unknown source abroad fear factor in a police state will not allow people to reflect what actually is in their mind, either hang up or provide an answer which security apparatus of the nation will prefer.
                Not every one can endure 3 or 4 months of solitary confinement in a 10x6 feet damp & dark cell.;)

Comment

Originally posted by Aryajet
                  So how do you explain the remaining 40% that polled as against the regime ?

A pretty high figure wouldn't you say, if fear was foremost on their mind about a phone call from an unknown source.
                  Last edited by Double Edge; 24 Jun 11,, 21:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post

My contacts parents are anti-regime (he tells me).

Comment

Working...
                    X