Trump guarentees Obama landslide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by highsea View Post
    Your words, not anyone else's. And it's sure as hell not the first time, nor the first time we have commented on it here.
    so you think it's likely birthers who deny the truth of the President's origon don't contain a sizeable percentage for whom race is the real issue? Again, over and over others mention racism here. I have seen it posted that's why Obama was supported in the last couple days.
    Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
    ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Julie View Post
      Let's stop with the racist stuff please, all of you, ....I'm really getting tired of it.

Back to topic....

Public Policy Poll: Trump Leads GOP Pack for 2012

He's pulling ahead....I think these polls are debunking this thread Roosie.
      So, faced with massive evidence to the contrary He pursues birtherism and people support him. What exactly does that say?
      ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosveltrepub View Post
        So, faced with massive evidence to the contrary He pursues birtherism and people support him. What exactly does that say?
        I don't know, I'm really shocked that Trump would poll this high, and I'm trying to figure out what it means myself.

I don't think people are focusing on the birtherism issue, but that Trump is a successful businessman and maybe that's what they want in office.

Just someone successful at anything he does.

Comment

that is not why ppl support him, that is what you wanna see.
          but reason is simple, trump is not politician, and he has balls.
          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

so you think it's likely birthers who deny the truth of the President's origon don't contain a sizeable percentage for whom race is the real issue? Again, over and over others mention racism here. I have seen it posted that's why Obama was supported in the last couple days.
            no it is not, again that is what you see.
            may be the fact that this original or long form or whatever you call it birth certificate was never presented, and the fact that it even an issue, has anything to do with it??
            dude, so far i see you and you alone bring race question, and keep bringing it up, it get really annoying, you know, it looks a lot more pathetic that even the issue itself, do you have any valid points whatsoever???? so far almost anything you say gets debunked right off the bat. you just keep failing.
            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by omon View Post
              that is not why ppl support him, that is what you wanna see.
              but reason is simple, trump is not politician, and he has balls.
              Actually his balls scare me. I find talk like "if we invade Libya it should be to take the oil" or whatever his exact words were anti american and more akin to a hyper nationalist imperialistic facist state that feels entitled to what is not theirs through some right of superiority. The birtherism line fits right in as well. It's a propaganda lie to paint that which he does not like as unamerican.
              ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Actually his balls scare me. I find talk like "if we invade Libya it should be to take the oil" or whatever his exact words were anti american and more akin to a hyper nationalist imperialistic facist state that feels entitled to what is not theirs through some right of superiority. The birtherism line fits right in as well. It's a propaganda lie to paint that which he does not like as unamerican.
                Why do you think "birtherism" is propaganda? His so-called and informationless birth certificate looks nothing like my wife's 1966 Hawaii birth certificate, which has such information as; birth date, time of birth, hospital, doctor, mother info, father info, raised official seal, etc. My co-worker's brother has a 1961 Hawaii birth certificate that looks remarkably like my wife's and not uhh-bama's. What was the outcome of Hawaii governor (and uhh-bama friend) Neil Ambercrombie's official investigation to "put an end to the controversy" this past January? Oh yeah, they could not locate the document. And remarkably, the head of Hawaii's vital records suddenly quit.
                "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Comment

• Originally posted by McFire View Post
                  Why do you think "birtherism" is propaganda? His so-called and informationless birth certificate looks nothing like my wife's 1966 Hawaii birth certificate, which has such information as; birth date, time of birth, hospital, doctor, mother info, father info, raised official seal, etc. My co-worker's brother has a 1961 Hawaii birth certificate that looks remarkably like my wife's and not uhh-bama's. What was the outcome of Hawaii governor (and uhh-bama friend) Neil Ambercrombie's official investigation to "put an end to the controversy" this past January? Oh yeah, they could not locate the document. And remarkably, the head of Hawaii's vital records suddenly quit.
                  umm read the politfact article I posted. I am not sure where you get your information but you are being lied to which is what propaganda is isn't it? actually Abercrombie said he could not release it by law
                  as it is personal information. Obama has met the legal bar for proving He is American. The bar all past presidents met unchallenged yet some folks have a deep seated inability to admit He is legitimate and American. Evans the source of the lie later claimed he never said it. Did you read the politifact article I posted? I am curious because not reading that which completely and truthfully dispells birtherism makes me wonder if birtherism is rooted in feeling not any semblance of factual information and if that's so what is it about Obama that makes people want to deny He is American or legitimate?
                  ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

what is it about Obama that makes people want to deny He is American or legitimate?
                    He's a sh!tty president with a bad attitude and a whole lot of contempt for the country he was elected to lead. Anything seen as an excuse to delegitimize him, even things that normally would be considered quite marginal, is going to seem a little more attractive to a slightly larger group of people. Besides, with the press in his pocket, he can let the issue buzz a little without it actually affecting him.

-dale

Comment

• Originally posted by dalem View Post
                      He's a sh!tty president with a bad attitude and a whole lot of contempt for the country he was elected to lead. Anything seen as an excuse to delegitimize him, even things that normally would be considered quite marginal, is going to seem a little more attractive to a slightly larger group of people. Besides, with the press in his pocket, he can let the issue buzz a little without it actually affecting him.

-dale
                      I disagree with you opinion but respect it is your opinion and honestly held. The place the man was born isn't a matter of opinion it's a U.S. state in the Pacific Ocean. If they were saying what you say I'd just disagree with them but, to continue to claim He isn't an American despite the facts smells of something else entirely. I felt Bush was a crap President and SCOTUS generally upheld my beliefs He crapped all over the constitution but I never pretended He was born in Belgium just because I wasn't present at his birth in my fair city.
                      ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

I disagree with you opinion but respect it is your opinion and honestly held. The place the man was born isn't a matter of opinion it's a U.S. state in the Pacific Ocean. If they were saying what you say I'd just disagree with them but, to continue to claim He isn't an American despite the facts smells of something else entirely. I felt Bush was a crap President and SCOTUS generally upheld my beliefs He crapped all over the constitution but I never pretended He was born in Belgium just because I wasn't present at his birth in my fair city.
                        You asked "what is it about Obama" and I told you. And I agree the whole "not born in America" thing is silly.

-dale

Comment

• Roosie, the problem most people have with Obama is the length he goes to to try to hide things when he has always touted "transparency." I mean, how stupid does he think WE are? He ran on the platform of not being the regular politician, and he has proven to be just that, and then some.

Americans are tired of the "politicians" in general, and I think omon hit the nail when he said Trump is not a politician and has balls. Hell, Hillary has more balls than Obama, but still......she has been a life-time politician.

THAT, is exactly what most Americans are wanting.....a non-politician with balls so they can go to Washington to instill their own fresh ideas instead of the same old ones.

Comment

• Obama's success in 2008 was a combination of excellent marketing and the absense of any kind of political record. He still has the marketing, but now his record is out there for everyone to see. That's a liability for him, as the mid-terms showed.

Trump has marketing and no record, but he's still Trump. Good polling among republican primary voters is still among republican primary voters, who tend more conservative than republicans as a whole. And his competition isn't fleshed out yet, it's still very early.

What these polls say to me is that repubs want someone new, not a prior failed runner like Huckabee or Romney.

2012 is a different dynamic than 2008. The primary schedule is later, so candidates don't have to start as early. The dem nominee is known, so it's not a contest between two new candidates.

It's Obama against the field, and getting in too early for a repub would eat up a lot of money they will probably need when the election gets closer. Obama is going to throw a billion dollars at his re-election bid, that's a hell of a lot of advertising.
                            "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

• Originally posted by Julie View Post
                              Roosie, the problem most people have with Obama is the length he goes to to try to hide things when he has always touted "transparency." I mean, how stupid does he think WE are? He ran on the platform of not being the regular politician, and he has proven to be just that, and then some.

Americans are tired of the "politicians" in general, and I think omon hit the nail when he said Trump is not a politician and has balls. Hell, Hillary has more balls than Obama, but still......she has been a life-time politician.

THAT, is exactly what most Americans are wanting.....a non-politician with balls so they can go to Washington to instill their own fresh ideas instead of the same old ones.
                              I'm disapointed in his handling of foia requests but every Presidential candidate runs as not being a regular politican and Trump is a consumate politican. You have to be in the corporate world. He has a carefully crafted image as a self made man that flies in the face of his multiple bankruptcies that cost those who loaned him money and those who he owed money millions and his birth into privilege. He's as great a succuss story as James Cayne would be if He got the keys to the vault of another major bank and another major bank. He is a fictional character on TV. He plays the character of Donald Trump which is created by editing 100s of hours of tape to a single hour. He may be flesh and blood but his personna is fiction
                              Last edited by Roosveltrepub; 16 Apr 11,, 21:18.
                              ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by highsea View Post
                                Obama's success in 2008 was a combination of excellent marketing and the absense of any kind of political record. He still has the marketing, but now his record is out there for everyone to see. That's a liability for him, as the mid-terms showed.

Trump has marketing and no record, but he's still Trump. Good polling among republican primary voters is still among republican primary voters, who tend more conservative than republicans as a whole. And his competition isn't fleshed out yet, it's still very early.

What these polls say to me is that repubs want someone new, not a prior failed runner like Huckabee or Romney.

2012 is a different dynamic than 2008. The primary schedule is later, so candidates don't have to start as early. The dem nominee is known, so it's not a contest between two new candidates.

It's Obama against the field, and getting in too early for a repub would eat up a lot of money they will probably need when the election gets closer. Obama is going to throw a billion dollars at his re-election bid, that's a hell of a lot of advertising.
                                I mostly agree with you but with the citizen's united case anonymous corporate money spent by "issue" groups advertising in support of the republican nominee will probably more than balance the media spending. We will all be sick of it and I would bet 2013 will see renewed calls for campaign finance law regardless of the victor and some seamy stories about the sources of money for ads supporting and attacking both partiy nominees.
                                ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
                                X