• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-95 baby

Ïåðñïåêòèâíûé òàíê Ò-95

that is a 152mm bad ass
    Attached Files
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Originally posted by xinhui View Post
    Is this for real? If the turret is penetrated, even a bit, it could send the turret flying sky high...

Comment

Originally posted by cr9527 View Post
      Is this for real? If the turret is penetrated, even a bit, it could send the turret flying sky high...
      photoshop.
      J'ai en marre.

Comment

It might be the turret without its modular armor (I'm assuming that its armor scheme is modular).

Comment

Originally posted by 1979 View Post
          photoshop.
          There are more photos here

Ïåðñïåêòèâíûé òàíê Ò-95
          “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

The barrel looks too big for the square shaped turret. Smooth bore 152mm..interesting. I would like to see it's ability on the ranges.

Comment

Originally posted by xinhui View Post
              The article is entitled as "Thoughts on probable outlook of the perspective Russian MBT", which is self-explanatory.
              Attached Files

Comment

photoshop.
                Looks more like a prototype to me. They tried upgunning the Leopard 2 to 140mm, the thing looked rediculous.
                "Football is war."

-Rinus Michels

Comment

Originally posted by Nightowl View Post
                  Looks more like a prototype to me. They tried upgunning the Leopard 2 to 140mm, the thing looked rediculous.
                  You would need to ask someone with a better command of the russian language than me.
                  Макет as far as I know does not translate that way.
                  J'ai en marre.

Comment

It reminds me of the 18" - 20" gun battleship designs, too big to be practical - too many trade offs; ROF, # of rounds, weight, cost, reliability. Do MBT's really need a bigger gun? Aren't existing first tier 12-13 cm projectiles able to defeat enemy tanks at practical ranges now?
                    sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                    If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

You would need to ask someone with a better command of the russian language than me.
                      Макет as far as I know does not translate that way.
                      maket = mock-up
                      If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
                        It reminds me of the 18" - 20" gun battleship designs, too big to be practical - too many trade offs; ROF, # of rounds, weight, cost, reliability. Do MBT's really need a bigger gun? Aren't existing first tier 12-13 cm projectiles able to defeat enemy tanks at practical ranges now?
                        Have not really looked into this at all looked at the photo and laughed, yes MBT's as far as I am concerned USSW, are pretty well there now in regards to weight-protection-speed relations, there is a lot of specualtion today that the MBT (Main Battle Tank) has seen its day, and moving back to medium armour will suffice given the advanced nature of ATGW now. Even on the conventional battle fied. ......... Personally I do not buy into that.............. I am sure its a cost factor pushng these thoughts.
                        sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                          The barrel looks too big for the square shaped turret. Smooth bore 152mm..interesting. I would like to see it's ability on the ranges.
                          It seems to me it would be more productive in the long run to increase MV, not the bore; a 120-125mm is about right, especially since we're mostly using APFSDS rounds anyway, but increasing the MV would make the projectile more accurate AND more effective. As Wisconsin said, we've pretty much already hit the wall in terms of round size; any bigger, and the trade-offs won't be worth it.
                          "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Stitch - response

increasing the MV would make the projectile more accurate AND more effective.
                            OK Stitch, but how do you make 100% hit ratio with 120mm APFSDS anymore accurate?
                            Increased MV is not needed with this nature of ammunition or system.
                            sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

With new systems like the Trophy APS, the MBT is far from long gone
                              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Working...
                              X