No announcement yet.

Battle of the Cover Songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annie Lennox is still sexy to this day and still can belt out the best of a melody with her awesome pipes.....

I just don't know what about this guy...but I still like a couple of his songs...I must be a little sick;)

Comment

The original....must be my fave song ever since I listen to it the most....

Again, F-off Lemmy

And again, I listen to this every once in a while, usually while doing 100+ on the bike or 65+ in the boat........

Comment

Word up yo!..........

Takes some nads to wear a codpiece!?!?(pun intended)

Even as a teen of the eighties, I must vote this better........

Comment

I gotta say PF and then Korn. MM is all by himself here(as usual) but not dismissed. Its wierd, but his stuff is freakily cool.

Comment

Bet no one knew this one was covered...and esp by such an artist.....

The Orig.....

The freak show.....

Comment

Nice choices Sniper.
              sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally a Nerves song, Blondie did the definitive version of 'Hanging on the Telephone'. Def Leppard pretty much copies her (why mess with the best), L7 try to put their own stamp on it.

sigpic

Comment

Punk Mk.1

A classic of angry teenage angst (with great intro)

very much in the spirit of the original..though lacking a certain 'punkness'

thrash was the bastard child of punk & metal, so this overkill version seems appropriate (ther is a second song here I haven't watched).

sigpic

Comment

Punk Mk.2

OK, not technically punk, but the point from whence all punk originates. Also one of the greatest songs EVAH! (intense fil clip too)

...also not technically punk, but one of the most unerestimated bands of the era (gotta love Handsome Dick Manitoba)

This be punk

not punk either, but a great tribute.

sigpic

Comment

Pete,
                      I'd have to go with the Red Hot Chili Peppers on Search and Destroy.

Here's my next match up . . . Cake vs. Gloria Gaynor.

"So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

OK! I would love to reply here but I have no friggin YT button. Anyone care to clue me in to the new way to post them?

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                          OK! I would love to reply here but I have no friggin YT button. Anyone care to clue me in to the new way to post them?
                          Are you going into 'advanced'? if not then simply create your own. Just do a 'reply' on one of my pposts & steal the '[YT]' bits.
                          Last edited by Bigfella; 03 Apr 11,, 06:50.
                          sigpic

Comment

that worked
                            ...be back tomorrow...thanks buddy!:)
                            Last edited by Blue; 03 Apr 11,, 07:01.

Comment

The YT button was removed. To post a video, click on the video button and then post the full url. Works with youtube, googlevideo and others. This button is found both in the quick reply and advanced reply options
                              Last edited by bigross86; 03 Apr 11,, 07:29.
                              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

That "video" button doesn't require any modification of the url either. Just click it on, paste the video url and hit "o.k.".
                                "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Working...
                                X