Dead Men Risen: The snipers' story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Men Risen: The snipers' story

Operating from a remote patrol base in Helmand, two British snipers were responsible for killing 75 Taliban fighters in just 40 days. In one remarkable feat of marksmanship, two insurgents were dispatched with a single bullet.

Dead Men Risen: The snipers' story - Telegraph

Potter had notched up seven confirmed kills in Bara in 2007 and 2008 while Osmond’s total was 23. Both were members of the Green Jackets team that won the 2006 British Army Sniper Championships.
    sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Dead Men Risen: The death of Lieutenant Mark Evison

With supreme bravery, Welsh Guardsmen fought to get their grievously wounded commander back to their remote Helmand base. Then they faced an agonising wait for a helicopter as his life slipped away.

Dead Men Risen: The death of Lieutenant Mark Evison - Telegraph
    sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Bloody hell , RIP Lt .

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
        Bloody hell , RIP Lt .
        Sad, Eric............. I had a few "sherberts" last year with the guy while they were on pre deployment training here..............nice guy.
        sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
          Sad, Eric............. I had a few "sherberts" last year with the guy while they were on pre deployment training here..............nice guy.
          Lucky you m8y , yea its sad , very sad , but the guy knew what he was doing as we all did when signing on for the gig .Its one of those things that rams home the fear factor and anger as was demonstrated by the reply from his squad .

Comment

The insurgent took a shot and the Paras returned fire. He fled on a motorcycle and when he got a mile away, stopped and was giving "high fives" to a colleague when they were hit by a Hellfire missile fired by a Reaper drone.
            I lol'ed

Comment

Present Arms!

Fcukin' war. I want our guys and gals home.
              "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
                Present Arms!

Fcukin' war. I want our guys and gals home.
                From a non religous man.......................... amen to that brother.
                sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Working...
                X