Broken Bands With Lost Potential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Bands With Lost Potential

While driving home the other night, I heard a song that I hadn't heard in awhile and got to thinking about what other bands broke up before their time, depriving us of albums that we'll never hear.

"So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

These Guys Left Me a Tad Empty

and these guys-

"This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Not exactly a break up , but left us too soon........... every now and again I have to remind myself of the pure genius of this man...............

sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Buffalo Springfield

Only three albums. A lot of great careers spawned from here but it ended too soon-

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

The Band

Lot of albums but no reason there shouldn't have been a whole lot more.

Let's see-Beatles, Blind Faith, Buffalo Springfield, The Band.

Hmmm...eventually I'll move on to the Cs:)

Oh hell, let's get an early start-

Fogerty had a voice born to sing rock n' roll.

Comment

Sometimes it is like you guys are reading my thoughts. Just today I was listening to an 'imaginary' 1971 Beatles Album. Here are some of the tracks. They include some of the best tracks any of them ever wrote or recorded:

Last edited by Bigfella; 07 Jan 11,, 09:05.
            sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
              Not exactly a break up , but left us too soon........... every now and again I have to remind myself of the pure genius of this man...............

Hey dont forget tankie with his guitar in the mess singin rugby songs

Comment

This band should have lasted a lot longer IMO
                sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

USSWisconsin,

Great call. Miss TRAFFIC. Jim Capaldi and Chris Wood are dead now. Think Rick Gretch is too. Don't know about Dave Mason but, if not, it'd only leave him and Steve Winwood alive.

Comment

Working...
                  X