No announcement yet.

2010 College Football Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure the BCS folks breathed a sigh of relief. Only one loss away then from Boise St vs. TCU for the national championship
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

With all the love between the 2 schools I would like to see Ohio State and Boise state go after it on the gridiron. That would be a grudge match people would like to watch.
      Aside from Boise state and TCU any one in the top ten is a legitimate contender in my book. This would be a great year for a play-off.
      Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
        No comment on Auburn vs. Alabama ??? 28-27 Auburn?
        I would have to side with Auburn at this time. Alabama has no chance at the big game and if Auburn lost, Oregon (pac 10) would lose out at a chance to play for all the marbles against a team from a good conference as I do not see Wisconsin or LSU being able to move up much at this point of the season.

Comment

Well...Boise State screws the pooch in a crazy WACish game not unlike the wacko epic Boise State-OU bowl confrontation a few years ago. Amazing! Gotta feel for the Boise State kicker.
          "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Nevada Stuns No. 3 Boise State 34-31

Comment

I did not think it was much of a surprise. BSU was over rated and never had to play a full game all year so they never felt any pressure. Feeling the pressure game in and game out because you are in a tougher conference means everything when it comes to close games at the end of the season.
              The last two plays in regulation are what we football fans watch for. That was nuts. I know the kicker lives and dies by his last couple of kicks, but he should not be the scape goat in this game. BSU defense, or rather, lack of, lost it for them. Interestingly, if he had made that field goal, he would be an afterthought because K. Moore is the hero and Heisman candidate and he would be the one they hung their victory hat on.

Comment

Well, Boise St. made a world-class play to put themselves in position for the win despite their defensive failings. Tough being a kicker.

Watching Big Ten play right now. The weather's "Big-Ten". The play is "Big-Ten". MSU and OSU are taking care of business although PSU remains within striking distance.
                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Thats the thing with luck. It swings both ways. How do you lose a man so deep in the secondary that late in the game? But then, who would have thought he would have missed the chip shot. Thats why you play the game to determine the winner. Absolutely no computer could have seen those two plays coming.

I am still slicing and dicing my elk so you are going to have to let me know what happens in the big ten today. I am trying to finish in time to see the Oregon state Stanford game.

Comment

BSU falls and now LSU. Utah needs a lucky break to overcome BYU so that does not bode well for TCU since beating Utah was TCU's claim to fame. I am starting to wonder if a big Ten team can vault in the #3 position. Interesting weekend so far.

Comment

Arkansas vs. LSU 31-23 I'm beginning to wonder if SC may defeat Auburn since it seems to be a week full of upsets.

Comment

Looks like the civil war next week is going to be a slobber-knocker. Either Oregon wins and OSU does not get post season play, or OSU wins and Oregon has the brass ring pulled away at the last second. Oregon has truly risen from the depths if they have to settle for the Rose Bowl. I remember when just getting to ANY bowl was a big deal.

Comment

Steve,

Everything coming up Roses!

Congrats!

And it felt really good to pound Pitt in the Backyard Brawl!
                          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                          Mark Twain

Comment

A.R. Reply

You might need some help but I've got to believe that you'll handle Rutgers. Pitt and UConn fall on the road to Cincinnati and S. Florida. You've got H2H against Pitt and UConn's got their work cut out for them against a good team.

Comment

TCU Accepts Offer From Big East

Texas Christian University has accepted an invitation to become an all-sports member of the Big East Conference, FanHouse has learned.

The Horned Frogs will join the league beginning on July 1, 2012 and begin play in the Big East in the 2012-13 school year. The school has called a 2 p.m. ET press conference to announce it is moving from the Mountain West.

TCU Accepts Offer From Big East -- NCAAFB FanHouse

Oh hell yeah.....bring it....:banana:

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                                TCU Accepts Offer From Big East

Texas Christian University has accepted an invitation to become an all-sports member of the Big East Conference, FanHouse has learned.

The Horned Frogs will join the league beginning on July 1, 2012 and begin play in the Big East in the 2012-13 school year. The school has called a 2 p.m. ET press conference to announce it is moving from the Mountain West.

TCU Accepts Offer From Big East -- NCAAFB FanHouse

Oh hell yeah.....bring it....:banana:
                                At least TCU had enough hair on their balls to join a better conference. I will give them credit for that. Boise does not have what it takes to do what TCU did.

I was kind of hoping Auburn might drop one and we could have Oregon-Wisconsin NC game. That would probably burn out the scoreboard but would be fun to watch as long as your not emotionally attached to either defense. Still the civil war to go though and I hope Oregon does not do what they have done in the past and play down to Oregon state level. If they do a sure blowout could be a nail biter.

Wisconsin is going to own TCU in the Rose bowl.

Comment

Working...
                                X