Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would happen if British won the Revolutionary War?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would happen if British won the Revolutionary War?

I always wondered if the Americans didn't win the Revolutionary War, would the British general Cornwallis be compelled to go to India as he did in the aftermath of the Revolutionary War to prove himself again and win against Indian commanders?

Would Britain have been a greater power? or be something else? Ironically, I think the loss of the American colonies led to Britain's supremacy over the seas and as the dominant power on Europe after defeat of Napoleon's forces at Waterloo.

What do you think?

I don't know about the what-if,but Britain was not the dominant power after 1815.They were simply interested in keeping the balance of power on the continent and they could do it only with Russian support.Worked for a while.
    Those who know don't speak
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
      I don't know about the what-if,but Britain was not the dominant power after 1815.They were simply interested in keeping the balance of power on the continent and they could do it only with Russian support.Worked for a while.
      Notice they kept that balance of power in favor of them at all times. From the Congress of Vienna to August 1914 the British played everyone off against everyone else and ended up with the biggest empire in human history.

Comment

One mans idea of what might have happened...http://turtledove.wikia.com.wiki/The_Two_Georges_(novel)

Flag of the North American Union (NAU)
        Attached Files
        Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
        (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Working...
        X