No announcement yet.

Your Custom PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you looking for one? Dell is running a special today, 35% off.

Weekend Sale | Dell
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Nah, I spent $800 on this one in February 2010 and I'm hoping to make this one last until at least 2013 when I finish my undergrad. Good luck to me...
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Geezuz geek alert. Don't start posting pictures of your RAM sticks here gunnut.
        "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

If your passion is high and pockets deep then give a go to some alienware

Specs: Alienware Area-51 ALX Custom Built Desktop Details | Dell

Specs: Alienware M18x Gaming Laptop Computer Details | Dell
          Gods Are Atheists - Atheists Are Gods

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
            Geezuz geek alert. Don't start posting pictures of your RAM sticks here gunnut.

Comment

Today's high end CPU's are impressive - more than enough for anything but bleeding edge gaming. IMO, a good power supply is hard to come by, and worth more than a bleeding edge CPU. I would take a couple steps back from the edge on the CPU, save lots of $$$$, then invest in the best power supply available (not the biggest, a power supply should be load matched to operate in its ideal output range). If your system can really use a lot of RAM (over 4 GB) that is great - install a lot of it, many systems can't - for example; you would need end to end 64bit software. Hint: a good power supply is normally heavy.
              sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
              If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

+1.

Thats why I always tell everyone who asks to get Seasonic or Corsair PSUs.
                For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

I finally got myself a Crucial M4 64GB SSD as my primary OS Drive.

Amazing difference in practically everything. Windows boot time now below 20 sec. Every single window and even lengthy docs open fast and smooth.
                  Well worth the expense.

Comment

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
                    +1.

Thats why I always tell everyone who asks to get Seasonic or Corsair PSUs.
                    Corsair's AX series are made by Seasonic (with different packaging) while costing slightly less and having an additional 2 years warranty (5 years vs 7). Corsair's HX and TX are made by CWT.

There are many other good brands like Enermax and Antec.

Originally posted by Sparking Neuron View Post
                    Nah, overpriced just for epeen. Better to build with parts from Microcenter and Newegg.

Comment

Originally posted by Maeda Toshiie View Post
                      Corsair's AX series are made by Seasonic (with different packaging) while costing slightly less and having an additional 2 years warranty (5 years vs 7). Corsair's HX and TX are made by CWT.

There are many other good brands like Enermax and Antec.
                      I was speaking from the POV of what's available in India. Corsair mostly has only their Vx series here. Antec's PSUs are made by Seasonic. So overall best quality here is Seasonic while easiest availability among better end PSUs is Corsair.

Comment

As a matter of fact I do run a Seasonic 650W power supply.
                        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

A big box came to my house this afternoon. I opened it and behold - the AMD 1090T was in there. I was annoyed that none of the drivers were installed and the storage drive wasn't configured, but the assembly was pretty - the chip cooler is huge. After struggling with Windows 7 for a bit, I found the manage command and got things working, the new machine is pretty cool. I'll post some pictures soon. More things to configure. It is fast and quiet, I like the SSD, 6 cores seems pretty potent, and the 16 GB of ram is waiting to get to work. There's an over clock utility in the cd, I will fool around with that soon. The display was set to VGA, I loaded the Radeon 6850 drivers and it works well in 1920x1080 (I set refresh at 59 to work better with the flourescent lights in my office). It rated 7.7 in windows system analysis (1-7.9 scale). I think it will be a good system - I need a longer DVI cable it seems - the short one I had is a pain. Lots of things to adjust and tune.
                          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Working...
                          X