Small announcement (Tiny, really)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small announcement (Tiny, really)

Emm I know sometimes we share good moments from our personal so just thought I'd say that I had a nice dinner a bit earlier (that's not the annoucement!), at which my wife was a bit excited and wanted to tell me something big. After we'd finished (she said that we wouldn't be able to eat on news like this!) she told me I'm going to be a dad:)). God help that child.....but it's the best news I've ever had. I may need some training in nappies and prams and all sorts, but by god am I willing to learn!
    Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
    - John Stuart Mill.

congrats!
    If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Congratulations!!! WABbers, give the man a cigar!!! Nicely done, lad!!

Comment

Congratulations!!!
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Thanks a million guys, and I'll update the status when we know more, I'm gonna go spend the evening with wifey rather than my laptop, seems really surreal, It's bringing weird thoughts already like will he/she look like me? Ugh this is gonna be strange!
          Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
          - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Good on ya, mate! Congrats!
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by crooks View Post
              Thanks a million guys, and I'll update the status when we know more, I'm gonna go spend the evening with wifey rather than my laptop, seems really surreal, It's bringing weird thoughts already like will he/she look like me? Ugh this is gonna be strange!
              He/She...might be they (twins/trips) will look like you. After a few years, you'll get this strange feeling as you see a little human being (or 2) walking about the house where it was formerly a 2 occupant flat. I try to spend as much time as I can with my friend's kids. The first few years are the best, especially before they learn how to say "no."

disclaimer: the first few years are great because I didn't have diaper duty for my friend's kids...and if they throw a tantrum, I just hand them off to the parents...
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Congratulations: Being a good father can be demanding at times, confusing at times and rewarding all at the same time. Our daughter will be 35 this week but she has given us 2 grandchildren to start all over again.

Diaper designs certainly has changed over the years. When I changed diapers of my kid brothers (one 12 years younger than me and the other 18 years younger than me) the trifold with one giant safety pin was just being changed to a rectangular pattern with two giant safety pins (one on each side). Now they come custom fit and secured with Velcro.
                Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

I'm an uncle to three, kids are the best damn thing in the world. Just like Gunnut said, especially the ones you get to give back at the end
                  Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Fantastic news Crooks, you'll make a great dad. :)
                    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Well done Crooks! Congrates!!
                      Peace, Peace, Peace

Comment

You will never enjoy misery more.

Comment

Congrats!
                          I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Fantastic! Congrats to you and your Wife.

Comment

Great news!
                              Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Working...
                              X