• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
    Here's the address:

67996 E. 176 Rd.
    Wyandotte, OK 74370

Directions/Lodging

I see you are a bit far in Lubbock, TX. But you can always make the drive to hang out with us next weekend.
    Ach, wish I could! School gets in the way of me living my life.
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

My son's step dad runs a machine gun shoot every year down in Rison Arkansas. The History Channel was just there filming it as well.

Comment

You boys have fun, and don't forget your camera, do ya hear???

Picture's are not an option, they are obligatory .

Tony
        Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
          And remember: Without pictures, it never happened!
          Oh there will be pictures AND video.

Comment

Brilliant!
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

No!

Don't do it, gunnut!

Don't go anywhere near snipe!

It's a trick......remember Delieverence! :))

Have fun, dude. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                My son's step dad runs a machine gun shoot every year down in Rison Arkansas. The History Channel was just there filming it as well.
                Does he hold it when the weather is cooler? THAT would be a big draw for me. Its gonna be hotter than hell this weekend. Last night at 8:30pm it was 81f and 100% humidity. You could almost bite off a piece of air. But even that was better than the 101f with 67%h that is was at 3pm when I was repairing a pool pump at work. Equipmemt room temp was 120f.:(

But anyway Z, its not too far from your neck of the woods if you feel like coming over.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                  No!

Don't do it, gunnut!

Don't go anywhere near snipe!

It's a trick......remember Delieverence! :))

Have fun, dude. ;)
                  We're not going canoeing.

I'll save that for next time!

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                    And remember: Without pictures, it never happened!
                    Crap, I knew that would come back to haunt me.
                    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                      Does he hold it when the weather is cooler? THAT would be a big draw for me. Its gonna be hotter than hell this weekend. Last night at 8:30pm it was 81f and 100% humidity. You could almost bite off a piece of air. But even that was better than the 101f with 67%h that is was at 3pm when I was repairing a pool pump at work. Equipmemt room temp was 120f.:(

But anyway Z, its not too far from your neck of the woods if you feel like coming over.
                      My wife is still anti-gun..... I've almost got her converted to the idea that every home needs a pistol, a rifle and a shot gun as much as it needs a tornado shelter and disaster kit. Its third and goal, but she's not giving up easily.

As for the shoot, he holds his in May. Not sure, it may be Class 3 FFL holders and LEO's only. Minus 1 rookie Arkansas state trooper is is forever uninvited. He pulled Bill over, Bill put his hands outside the car and away from the full auto (unloaded) Uzi on the seat. First the cop wanted to see his CCP, Bill replied he didn't need one (it wasn't concealed). Then the cop tried to bust him for owning a machine gun and refused to believe that Bill had permission to own machine guns. The trooper called for a Sheriff to take him to county lockup and then the brown stuff hit the spinning blades. The Sheriff knows Bill, goes to the machine gun shoot, has seen the paper work etc.... The rookie trooper got the sheriffs boot up his ass. He later asked if he could get invited to the shoot.........

Comment

Can't wait for the video;).

I'm afraid that my wife wouldn't have a say in the gun issue.

As to that young Deputy, give him an invite, get him on board, give him some shit, but better to have him batting for you today and forever, than having him against you, who knows what he'll be in 20 years from now . With time and experience he'll learn to know the difference between a law abiding citizen and a machine gun toting maniac :).

Tony
                        Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

Originally posted by toemag View Post
                          Can't wait for the video;).

I'm afraid that my wife wouldn't have a say in the gun issue.

As to that young Deputy, give him an invite, get him on board, give him some shit, but better to have him batting for you today and forever, than having him against you, who knows what he'll be in 20 years from now . With time and experience he'll learn to know the difference between a law abiding citizen and a machine gun toting maniac :).

Tony
                          The rookie troopers is doomed, I would not surprised if he was already transferred to another region. He violated the oldest and most powerful statute in Arkansas- the Good Ol'Boy Network. In the South, its not how much money you have or don't have, what you did or didn't do, but who you know. As much still gets done on handshakes and name dropping as by any other means around here. The smart Arkansan cultivates those relationships carefully and maintains them through the years.

Comment

The rookie troopers is doomed, I would not surprised if he was already transferred to another region. He violated the oldest and most powerful statute in Arkansas- the Good Ol'Boy Network. In the South, its not how much money you have or don't have, what you did or didn't do, but who you know. As much still gets done on handshakes and name dropping as by any other means around here. The smart Arkansan cultivates those relationships carefully and maintains them through the years.

Yessir, that's the way it works. When the Chief signed my CCP he said though technically it was no good outside the city limit, not to worry, everyone in the county would honor it. He said, "Y'all run into any trouble just hav'em gimme a call".

He later asked if he could get invited to the shoot.........
                            Bout the same chance as an ice cube in hell.
                            Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                            (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

My wife is still anti-gun..... I've almost got her converted to the idea that every home needs a pistol, a rifle and a shot gun as much as it needs a tornado shelter and disaster kit. Its third and goal, but she's not giving up easily.
                              Perserverance my friend. Never give up!;)

As for the shoot, he holds his in May. Not sure, it may be Class 3 FFL holders and LEO's only.
                              Too bad. Maybe time to rkindle some old contacts. ;)

Minus 1 rookie Arkansas state trooper is is forever uninvited.
                              HAHAHA! Good one! His brother must work up here.

Long story short. I was riding my motorcycle back from the range one fall evening. Instead of breaking down my AR and putting it in my saddle bags, I opted to just sling it across my back and ride home. Mainly knowing what would probably happen, but had to push it anyway, and it did. Got pulled over, he ordered me to THROW IT ON THE GROUND!! I told him I would place it nicely in the grass, but this rifle is two months or YOUR pay, and I ain't throwin down in the f***in street!

I explained calmly that he had no PC to pull me over, and I would hand him the weapon just to satisfy his curiosity about its legality. Though he had no idea in the first place what was or wasn't and further just referred to it an "assault weapon". What a dumbass. His supervisor showed up quickly, let me on my way without further incident and was still chewing the guys ass as I pulled out of sight.

There's one(or more) in every town i tell ya'!

Comment

I'll second that! I damn near did it when I was rookie Deputy, but my Sgt corrected me before I really effed things up. Lesson learned! And its a great network to be in btw!!

Comment

Working...
                                X