New Iranian AAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread has life!

I remember when the "Sageh" (sp?) came out - They took a spare vertical fin and welded it to an F-5, and claimed F/A-18 performance from it. As if the Northrop engineers were all idiots, and the F-5 really needs additional vertical stabilizer area.

Then, there came this mythical beast, a mid-wing F-5 variant that is nothing more than a photoshopper's dream.

Note that the F-5 landing gear retracts from the wing spar and places the tire in the lower fuselage. By moving the wing upwards, there is no place to put the landing gear. This jet would require a MiG-23 or F-104 style link gear to fold into the fuselage. Unfortunately, being a twin, that area is occupied by engine.

In other words, this jet is 100% photoshop. Note the drooped slats which would never be out in a typical air to air shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
      This thread has life!

I remember when the "Sageh" (sp?) came out - They took a spare vertical fin and welded it to an F-5, and claimed F/A-18 performance from it. As if the Northrop engineers were all idiots, and the F-5 really needs additional vertical stabilizer area.

Then, there came this mythical beast, a mid-wing F-5 variant that is nothing more than a photoshopper's dream.

Note that the F-5 landing gear retracts from the wing spar and places the tire in the lower fuselage. By moving the wing upwards, there is no place to put the landing gear. This jet would require a MiG-23 or F-104 style link gear to fold into the fuselage. Unfortunately, being a twin, that area is occupied by engine.

In other words, this jet is 100% photoshop. Note the drooped slats which would never be out in a typical air to air shot.
      Why do these people even try to fool the world? Do they think that we are not capable of seeing through deception? Let me tell you a little story about our former "hunting forum". I set up a fake website a few years back and I put a really good photo of a Warhammer 40K piece on it and reworked the colors to mimic the US Army in the M.E. then I posted the link non-chalantly with other links I posted. For a week one specific city in Iran was one of 4 visitors and they hit the site over 500 times. I had the IP address checked with a friend of mine here at Redstone and he told me there was a military base and an Army HQ in that city. The funny thing several of the people on that forum are Iranian Military or Police. Several of them continued to post from Tehran when the lines were down. Anyway, Iran may not have great military equipment but dammit they sure can photoshop!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tanker View Post
        Why do these people even try to fool the world? Do they think that we are not capable of seeing through deception?
        In a word, yes. That is exactly what the regime thinks. And not just the World, but the Iranian people too and even themselves.

If an impatient mullah demands from the armed forces to show them results in weapons development etc and the military replies by showing the mullah some junk, how is the mullah, who is schooled in nothing but theology, supposed to know what he is seeing is junk? He doesnt. Just like the mullah will bank on people not knowing much about Islamic law etc and so can and will manipulate it to their advantage.

Comment

here is another dream
          Attached Files
          “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

this is bad ass -- R27 on a TomCat
            Attached Files
            “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
            X