Officer of Engineers stepping down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer of Engineers stepping down

It is with profound reluctance that I announce that Officer of Engineers has decided to step down as a Moderator of the World Affairs Board.

While gifts (or bribes, if you will) of single-malt were offered by the tractor-trailer load, we were unable to persuade him to remain a member of the Society of Righteous and Harmonious Moderators.

On behalf of the Staff, I want to thank the Colonel for his time and efforts as a Moderator. He stepped in during a time of need and gave of himself to our humble corner of the Internet, with exemplary results.

Again, thank you Sir, and enjoy your well-earned rest.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Colonel, thankx for all the good work and putting up with all of our crap. Especially thankx for not banning me and Yellowbelly, we probably deserved it once or a dozen times or so....

Now that you're not a Mod, feel free to come join in our festivities. Have you checked out the Man Rules thread yet?
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Sorry to hear the Colonel stepping down. He is a good and respectable man an inspiration to these here forums with his experience and knowledge.
      Hope he is able to still be here and contribute to the discussions.

Comment

And I was wondering what on Earth could ruin a perfect day.
        Those who know don't speak
        He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

OoE Reply

"And I was wondering what on Earth could ruin a perfect day."

Colonel,

It's been a rare privilege to share time here and learn from you. Very, very much so.
          "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

You've found someone else haven't you?

Just kidding....you will still be around won't you ?

It goes without saying you will be missed.

Comment

OoE is a mod's mod and a friend to all on WAB. This is sad news indeed and I'm sure we all wish him well for the future. His predecessor has huge shoes to fill.

Colonel. I raise a glass of Malt and salute your service to us all.

Comment

OMG, no!

He has been a much respected presence on this forum and, seeing as how I'm fairly new, I can't remember a time when he was NOT around. I'm not sure what we will do without his steadying hand, I can only hope we survive the transition (enough hyperbole already?).

OoE, you will be missed; we will miss both your wit and your wisdom.
                "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

i hope the reason for this was not something serious.
                  But anyway my best wishes to you, Sir
                  If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

OOE,
                    Cannot but put to words how much your services would be missed here.
                    I am sure that you are not leaving WAB...are you?

Being a Mod calls for a lot of dedication as concerns time and energy and being able to cope with ppl like me and in this aspect your services would be missed here.

I am sure your friend Mr. Ray, even though cannot post here, would be equally sad

TH:Be generous in Gift man, offer him multiple tractor-trailer load of those.

Comment

I...well, you already know. Thank you, Sir!
                      Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                      (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

I guess a few words are in order. People, I am just tired lately and I have other things on the go that demands my attention a lot more than I am capable of monitoring this forum. It has been a pleasure and an honour doing so ... though you have no idea how hard it was not to ban the lot of you for posting SWSNBN items, especially one former jarhead GS.

WAB has to slip lower on my priority list right now and it would not be fair to the rest of the Staff if I held the title but no longer did the work. I am also somewhat tired and no longer have the energy to hold the robust debates that I so enjoyed.

I am not saying goodbye to WAB but I have to let go the moderation.

With many thanks to all. This board made itself. Generally, we follow, not lead the discussion.

Comment

As long as you're still with WAB im happy.
                          Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                          -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

sad to hear that the scourge of fanbois on the China forum will no longer be wielding the big stick. Glad to hear you won't be leaving us.
                            sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

shocking

As long as you still are able to make some time to be here I will be happy :)
                              To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Working...
                              X