All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

Tonight and tomorrow Israel marks it's Holocaust Memorial Day, in memory of 6 million Jews murdered in World War II. At 10:00 Monday the whole country will stand still as a siren rings and we mourn the loss.

It's a shame that in this enlightened day and age, we still see that the trends of the past are not only still kept alive in memory, but are implemented the whole world over. Anti-Semitic incidents have increased 100% in 2009. This is the one day a year where, more than ever, the Jewish nation proclaims "Never Again!"

A Holocaust is defined as "great destruction or loss of life or the source of such destruction, especially fire". From the fires of Auschwitz-Birkenau, Mauthausen-Gusen, Ravensbrück, Treblinka, Majdanek, Bergen-Belsen, Buchenwald, Bełżec, Dachau, Sobibór, Chełmno, and Sachsenhausen arose the fire of a Jewish nation, and fought off it's hostile Arab neighbors. Now, when once again Israel and the Jews are threatened with a Holocaust from Ahmadinejad in Iran, now is the time when we look at the words of Edmund Burke and proclaim that we are good men, and we will not stand by and do nothing.

There are 86,400 seconds in a day. Take just ten of those seconds and think of someone near to you, and how much it would hurt to have that someone taken away from you.

Shalom,
    Ben
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Shalom Ben.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

As a 10 year old my parents took me to see Dachau. It was one of the most powerful & influential moments of my life. I'll be thinking about it today & about all those who perished & all those who survived.

Shalom
      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

I've been to Auschwitz. The room with the shoes makes you realise the scale.

Never again.

Comment

The world was changed by that event and it was the most powerful revealment of evil that men can do.
          Never again
          If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Working...
          X