Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 charged in gang rape of girl, 7, in NJ apartment

5 charged in gang rape of girl, 7, in NJ apartment
    By ANGELA DELLI SANTI and BETH DEFALCO, Associated Press Writer Angela Delli Santi And Beth Defalco, Associated Press Writer 20 mins ago

TRENTON, N.J. – Two adults and three juveniles have been charged with gang-raping a 7-year-old girl who was sold by her 15-year-old stepsister during a party at a crime-ridden apartment building, police said Saturday. Details on the arrests were announced at a Saturday night news conference at police headquarters in Trenton, the state's capital city.

The arrested people include a 20-year-old man who already had been charged Friday with having sex with the 15-year-old. The other four are a 19-year-old Trenton man and boys ages 13, 14 and 17. Each was charged with aggravated sexual assault and child endangerment.

Police said further arrests may be made in the case, which shocked residents of the gritty Rowan Towers apartment building.

Authorities say the 7-year-old girl was offered for sale by her stepsister on March 28. They say the stepsister went to a party with some men at Rowan Towers and the younger girl tagged along because she worried about her stepsister's safety.

Police say the 15-year-old sold sex to men, then took money to let them touch the younger girl. They say touching turned to forcible sex as at least seven men raped the 7-year-old.

Before Saturday's arrest announcement, the 15-year-old had been charged with promoting prostitution, aggravated sexual assault and other crimes; police have not released her name, and she remained in juvenile detention Saturday night.

Mayor Doug Palmer said he met with the victim's relatives at his office on Thursday to offer help and make sure they were able to move out of the neighborhood over safety concerns.

"We made sure they got out of the area," he said Saturday afternoon, before the news conference.

He credited the police force for its hard work but said "we're still not finished." He pledged to spare no expense "to make sure that everyone responsible is brought to justice."

"We're still asking the community to let us know if they have any more information on this heinous crime," he said.

Palmer met with the parents, the 7-year-old girl and her two younger siblings. The woman is the mother of the 7-year-old girl, and the man she lives with is the father of the 15-year-old. The man and woman also have two toddlers together.

He said police officers had taken the case "very personally."

Police Director Irving Bradley would only say "it's still an active investigation."

Police earlier in the week were urging residents to come forward, but neighbors said they were scared of retaliation from gangs that prowl the streets if they spoke up.

Rowan Towers sits on a stretch of West State Street near downtown Trenton and is surrounded by blocks of abandoned, boarded-up homes. It's fronted by a well-manicured lawn and features a colorful playground and a basketball court. An American flag hangs from a pole to the right of the front door.

Copyright © 2010 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved

========
    The step sister should be shot along with the "men" and boys. None of them will ever contribute anything of relevance to society.
    Last edited by troung; 04 Apr 10,, 01:42.
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Okay, I didn't even need to read past the first paragraph. A few somebodies need to be put down like mad dogs. Yes, I'll do it. Yes, I'll sleep fecking fine afterwards.

-dale

Comment

I've been reading everything I can get my hands on about this story. They interviewed the grandmother. The 15 year old she said has basically been medicated her entire life. Social and behavorial problems - no kidding. What an effing mess and the 7 year old.....her problems are only beginning. She will live with this the rest of her life and unless she gets some really good and long term psychotherapy she is going to have some real trouble in her life. Gawd.....being 7 is tough enough without this.
      Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
        I've been reading everything I can get my hands on about this story. They interviewed the grandmother. The 15 year old she said has basically been medicated her entire life. Social and behavorial problems - no kidding. What an effing mess and the 7 year old.....her problems are only beginning. She will live with this the rest of her life and unless she gets some really good and long term psychotherapy she is going to have some real trouble in her life. Gawd.....being 7 is tough enough without this.
        See, you see it from the female point of view. Which is fine. Us guys see it from the male point of view; some people need to die, and quickly.

-dale

Comment

TRENTON, N.J. – Two adults and three juveniles have been charged with gang-raping a 7-year-old girl who was sold by her 15-year-old stepsister during a party at a crime-ridden apartment building, police said Saturday. Details on the arrests were announced at a Saturday night news conference at police headquarters in Trenton, the state's capital city.

The arrested people include a 20-year-old man who already had been charged Friday with having sex with the 15-year-old. The other four are a 19-year-old Trenton man and boys ages 13, 14 and 17. Each was charged with aggravated sexual assault and child endangerment.

Police said further arrests may be made in the case, which shocked residents of the gritty Rowan Towers apartment building.

Authorities say the 7-year-old girl was offered for sale by her stepsister on March 28. They say the stepsister went to a party with some men at Rowan Towers and the younger girl tagged along because she worried about her stepsister's safety.

Police say the 15-year-old sold sex to men, then took money to let them touch the younger girl. They say touching turned to forcible sex as at least seven men raped the 7-year-old.
          I read that much and couldn't proceed. There will be no justice in this case because people are as weak as they are disgusting.:(

Comment

Unfortunately the older sister is 15 and would be treated as a victim and hence will not suffer rhe full consequences of her actions

IT WAS HER OWN SISTER!!!!
            "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
              Unfortunately the older sister is 15 and would be treated as a victim and hence will not suffer rhe full consequences of her actions

IT WAS HER OWN SISTER!!!!
              Step-sister. For many, this is a huge disconnect.

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                I read that much and couldn't proceed. There will be no justice in this case because people are as weak as they are disgusting.:(

Depends what you call justice. I suspect that once they get to prison they will gain a very personal understanding of what it is like to be the victim of rape & violent assault - if they live that long.
                sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                  Depends what you call justice. I suspect that once they get to prison they will gain a very personal understanding of what it is like to be the victim of rape & violent assault - if they live that long.
                  What do I call justice?

Just this morning I caught a diseased, stray feline in my live trap. I haven't the time, resources or patience to try to heal it, so what is the most humane course of action?

I shot it. One pull of the trigger from my little .22 and it barely flinched. Death was instant. That animal suffers no more and has no chance of spreading its disease to other animals.

I didn't want to torture it, as our govt forbids, that is just WRONG!! Just as would the treatment they may recieve in prison would be torture, much worse that waterboarding IMO. Sexual assault must SURELY be worse than that!?

So justice. What is it? Satisfaction gained from vengeance or simply putting a permanent end to the problem so the perpetrators never get the chance to violate again?

Thats just being humane in my book.

Comment

Pest control.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
                      See, you see it from the female point of view. Which is fine. Us guys see it from the male point of view; some people need to die, and quickly.

-dale

Dale,

You have known me for how long? Come on, I would be first in line to shoot each one of them in the ankle first, then knee cap then nuts, then stomach and let them all lay on the ground until they finally died. Quick death is not in my vocabulary for these maggots. They need to suffer, alot.
                      Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

The 15 year old, the most evil of the bunch, will go in for a bit, get out make kids and the taxpayer will foot the bill...
                        To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                          Dale,

You have known me for how long? Come on, I would be first in line to shoot each one of them in the ankle first, then knee cap then nuts, then stomach and let them all lay on the ground until they finally died. Quick death is not in my vocabulary for these maggots. They need to suffer, alot.
                          See? Feelings. Passion. Tsk tsk. ;)

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                            What do I call justice?

Just this morning I caught a diseased, stray feline in my live trap. I haven't the time, resources or patience to try to heal it, so what is the most humane course of action?

I shot it. One pull of the trigger from my little .22 and it barely flinched. Death was instant. That animal suffers no more and has no chance of spreading its disease to other animals.

I didn't want to torture it, as our govt forbids, that is just WRONG!! Just as would the treatment they may recieve in prison would be torture, much worse that waterboarding IMO. Sexual assault must SURELY be worse than that!?

So justice. What is it? Satisfaction gained from vengeance or simply putting a permanent end to the problem so the perpetrators never get the chance to violate again?

Thats just being humane in my book.
                            This world needs more people like you. :)

Comment

I agree with Dalem

Comment

Working...
                              X