Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thing looks like unmanned AA machine gun

Modernized MT-LB transporter

Volk-II. Supposedly new light army truck. It'll probably end up as a mere prototype. (Wolf is quite good name for a vehicle, much better than Chastiser, for example)

Note its low ride - obviously a hydro-pneumatic suspension used
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Andrey Egorov; 06 Jul 10,, 20:36.
    We're so bad, we're even bad at it

Comment

Another new army truck, Volk-III

And Volk-I

Outdated T-90 MBT

A 120-mm mortar I don't know
      Attached Files

Comment

New RPG-7 round

ASVK 12.7mm sniper rifle

And several photos I made at MAKS-2007

Mi-28

Ka-31

Ka-50
        Attached Files

Comment

Outdated T-90?
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
            Outdated T-90?
            Ben, think this through. Would you like to face a Russian T-90 regiment? And I mean would the IDF love the chance to test themselves against a Russian T-90 regiment.

Comment

I think Bigross was not saying that the T-90 was outdated but rather was surprised at the title Andrey Egorov used ("Outdated T-90 MBT")

Comment

That's the one Tarek. I wanted to know why Andrey thought it was outdated.

Colonel, as far as I know, when I got out of the IDF the Syrians have T-72's, but that's their most advanced tank. They also have T-54/55's and T-64's. The Lebanese have a couple T-54/55's, maybe T-64's (doubtful). The Jordanians and Egyptians have M48/M60's and the Egyptians have M1A1's.

I'm convinced that my Merkava Mk IVB can defeat every single one of those tanks, especially since our Intel was that the hardest to beat, the Egyptian M1's, weren't quite up to American standards. Thankfully Syria and Lebanon don't have T-80U's or T-90's, at least that's what I remember...
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

When was the last tank-to-tank action Israel saw? 1982?

Comment

That was the last major tank-on-tank action Israel was involved in, AFAIK. I do know, that in 2006 one of my mates took out a memorial T-55 in Southern Lebanon. It was night, and on the thermal imager a tank looks like a tank, be it real or part of a memorial statue.

Comment

T-90A without the Catherine TI, cast turret with older ceramic filler, short round auto-loader and no hunter-killer ability. Basically not much different than an improved T-72 Dolly Parton.

The current top shelf Russian T-90 Vladimir has a new welded turret, new ceramic inserts, improved and strengthened auto-loader than can fire the 3BM42m and 3BM48 long rod penetrators, and a Hybrid FCS that uses the 3rd gen Catherine TI system plus an APS system.

Comment

Bigross, Tarek, here I've posted two new(ish) tanks. Sorry for misleading humor. Upgraded or not T-90 is the newest tank we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey Egorov View Post
                          Thing looks like unmanned AA machine gun

idk, to me looks like grenade launcher, that ejection port cover is too small for aa casings,
                          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by omon View Post
                            idk, to me looks like grenade launcher, that ejection port cover is too small for aa casings,
                            true, didn't think about it, but the isn't the barrel seems too long for grenade launcher?

Comment

Colonel, as far as I know, when I got out of the IDF the Syrians have T-72's, but that's their most advanced tank. They also have T-54/55's and T-64's. The Lebanese have a couple T-54/55's, maybe T-64's (doubtful). The Jordanians and Egyptians have M48/M60's and the Egyptians have M1A1's.

I'm convinced that my Merkava Mk IVB can defeat every single one of those tanks, especially since our Intel was that the hardest to beat, the Egyptian M1's, weren't quite up to American standards. Thankfully Syria and Lebanon don't have T-80U's or T-90's, at least that's what I remember...
                              The Jordanians have also been upgrading their Chieftains (don't they also have Challenger 1s?) The latter Egyptian built M1A1s are fairly decent.

Comment

I don't mean just the equipment. I mean would you like to test yourselves against a Russian combined arms regiment lead by Russian Officers and using Russian doctrines. Case in point, would you like to test yourself against the 58th Army? The Army that took Georgia?

Comment

Working...
                                X