Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martini-Henry rifle

What Martini do I have? *Bunch of Pictures* - Calguns.net

This is pretty interesting. The thread starter posted a bunch of pictures of the Martini-Henry rifle his uncle wants to sell. It's from 1875 and complete with a bayonet. What is interesting is some of the markings on the bayonet is Nepalese according to one collector.

It's a piece of military and British colonial history. I thought you guys might be interested.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
    What Martini do I have? *Bunch of Pictures* - Calguns.net

This is pretty interesting. The thread starter posted a bunch of pictures of the Martini-Henry rifle his uncle wants to sell. It's from 1875 and complete with a bayonet. What is interesting is some of the markings on the bayonet is Nepalese according to one collector.

It's a piece of military and British colonial history. I thought you guys might be interested.
    Be still my heart! I had picked up one of those on patrol. Tried to ship it back home but it "disappeared"! No amount of inquiry revealed what happened to it. On another note I found a place in Pakistan that made cartridges for it. They made them by HAND! Used a sheet of brass and a series of dies, hammers and punches. Truly amazing and very cool.:))
    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

awesome stuff, the martini henry was pretty much the last word in repeating rifles before the evolution of the bolt-action magazine rifles.
      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

I've wanted one ever since I saw the movie "Zulu"
        sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by 2DREZQ View Post
          I've wanted one ever since I saw the movie "Zulu"
          Did you see my post on Webley revolver?

Comment

Did you see my post on Webley revolver?
            I had a Webley (a Mk IV, I believe) in .38 S&W. funny looking and a feeble cartridge, but I liked it.
            In that fight I'd have picked the webley and a bucket of ammo over the rifles any time.
            sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by 2DREZQ View Post
              I had a Webley (a Mk IV, I believe) in .38 S&W. funny looking and a feeble cartridge, but I liked it.
              In that fight I'd have picked the webley and a bucket of ammo over the rifles any time.
              That's what I just acquired. I have to hand load all the ammo since I have not seen any 38 S&W ammo anywhere near me.

I would like to have a Martini-Henry, but ammo would be a big problem. A Martini Henry chambered in 303 Brit would be nice, but I'm not sure if those could handle modern loads.

Here we go, pictures of my Webley Mk IV:

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/sma...volvers-5.html

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                awesome stuff, the martini henry was pretty much the last word in repeating rifles before the evolution of the bolt-action magazine rifles.
                This model Martini-Henry is a single shot not a repeating rifle.

Comment

This Martini-Henry is up for sale, $850.

WTS: 1875 Mk. I/II Martini Henry - Calguns.net

Come on sappersgt, I see your name all over it.

Comment

This Martini-Henry is up for sale, $850.

WTS: 1875 Mk. I/II Martini Henry - Calguns.net

Come on sappersgt, I see your name all over it.
                    I'm wearing out the link. I've looked at so many times I should just save it to the toolbar.
                    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Buy it!

But it!

You know you want to.

Resistance is futile. :)

Comment

Drink a martini, and shoot a Henry!
                        CADPIPE

Comment

Working...
                        X