Question for I Am A Muslim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for I Am A Muslim

Why do the Muslims, and the Palestinians in particular, place such a high emphasis on Jerusalem, when (as far as I remember) Allah never visited Jerusalem, never set foot in Israel, and I'm fairly certain that Jerusalem isn't even mentioned in the Koran. The Muslims have Mecca and Medina. Why do you guys need Jerusalem as well?
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
    Why do the Muslims, and the Palestinians in particular, place such a high emphasis on Jerusalem, when (as far as I remember) Allah never visited Jerusalem, never set foot in Israel, and I'm fairly certain that Jerusalem isn't even mentioned in the Koran. The Muslims have Mecca and Medina. Why do you guys need Jerusalem as well?
    Bigross86:

As far as I know it has something to do with an iron meteorite that's under the "Dome of the Rock." If that sounds weird to you, well, you've got company. Evidently the thing fell & has been worshipped ever since 'way, 'way back in prehistory. Got incorporated into every religion in the vicinity.

Also, it has local water & topography that makes it reasonably easy to defend. When you combine a famous magic rock & a natural fort with a camel, whatcha got?

Population convergence, territorial craziness. eternal warfare & multiple religions.

Just me.

Prof

Comment

do not blame
      You did not even read the Koran
      Jerusalem mentioned in the Koran more than the number of fingers of your hands and your feet are much more
      Mentioned in many stories
      Mentioned in many stories
      Often did not mention Jerusalem to blunt
      And so be it is intended to Jerusalem, as the Apostle, speaking from Jerusalem, and often talked about its importance we the Palestinians insist on Jerusalem
      sigpicWhat do you want to know about Islam?

Comment

Have you heard the story, which says that the Prophet Muhammad had prayed all the prophets in Jerusalem until Christ also prayed with them
        When he went to Jerusalem from Mecca on a bright

Comment

the reason why these is not Iron meteorite
          Iron meteorite that is a myth
          Under the Dome of the Rock Cave is the cave of the Prophet climbed on board the albraqe to meet God so we are interested in, because the Prophet stop in it
          We do not adore this place
          We worship God in that place

Comment

I Am A Muslim Reply

Jajaj,

Do you consider Palestinians as racially the same as arabs or do you see yourself as distinct?

My understanding is that Palestinians are viewed as separate from the arab tribes but I might be wrong. Please correct me if so and please let me know if my question is understandable to you.

Thanks.
            "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
            "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Well, the transformation seems to have already been made. Here we are.

Prof

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
                Jajaj,

Do you consider Palestinians as racially the same as arabs or do you see yourself as distinct?

My understanding is that Palestinians are viewed as separate from the arab tribes but I might be wrong. Please correct me if so and please let me know if my question is understandable to you.

Thanks.
                First: I understand your question
                Second: The Palestinians do not live in isolation from the Arabs, you'll may find the Palestinians everywhere so you have search and you'll find
                III: The Palestinians are like mixing with people and love getting to know people and provide them with assistance, if necessary, assistance
                The biggest example of this is I'm
                IV: The Arabs since time immemorial and they with each other and their capital was at most times, Jerusalem
                Admitted to you that we see ourselves as somewhat distinct from the Arabs as the Palestinians and their land mentioned in the Koran and the Prophet Muhammad Bcarham with good patience because of the injustice
                Admitted to you that we see ourselves as somewhat distinct from the Arabs as the Palestinians and their land mentioned in the Koran and the Prophet Muhammad promised with good patience because of the injustice.

Comment

i am a muslim,

The Arabs since time immemorial and they with each other and their capital was at most times, Jerusalem
                  well, no; where was the capital of the last Caliphate?
                  There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post

well, no; where was the capital of the last Caliphate?
                    Picky.:)
                    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Originally posted by I am a Muslim View Post
                      do not blame
                      You did not even read the Koran
                      Jerusalem mentioned in the Koran more than the number of fingers of your hands and your feet are much more
                      Are you sure about this? While I have not read the Koran in Arabic, I (and many here) have read well respected interpretations/translations. Could you cite the surrahs that specifically mention Jerusalem? 17:1 is weak, but maybe you could list the others that rival the numbers of fingers and toes that I have.
                      Last edited by silentsam; 21 Jan 10,, 16:58.
                      Aut vincere aut mori

Comment

) Allah never visited Jerusalem, never set foot in Israe
                        Allah has been everywhere, Allah made everywhere.

Why do the Muslims
                        Active Arab presence there since Rome.

Why do you guys need Jerusalem as well?
                        Full of Muslims.
                        Last edited by troung; 21 Jan 10,, 16:58.
                        To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by silentsam View Post
                          Are you sure about this? While I have not read the Koran in Arabic, I (and many here) have read well respected interpretations/translations. Could you cite the surrahs that specifically mention Jerusalem? 17:1 is weak, but maybe you could list the others that rival the numbers of fingers and toes that I have.
                          Here is something I found that may be of interest:

"Since January 2006, Doctor Pipes has been offering $1million to anyone who finds "Jerusalem" in the Qur'an."

"Jerusalem's not in the Qur'an, and Muhammad was never there" - Reader comments at Daniel Pipes

Comment

"Since January 2006, Doctor Pipes has been offering $1million to anyone who finds "Jerusalem" in the Qur'an."
                            I can find more than 70 part that mention Jerusalem in Qur'an if he gives me half of his offer. New Israeli settlements that are builed on displaced Palestinians ground are not holy place for any religion. And we live in 21th century, not medieval age. Holy books have no place in such issues.

Comment

A brief sketch of the story is in verses 1 and 60 of one of the Qur'an chapters (#17: sura Al-Isra)...The Isra begins with Muhammad resting in the Kaaba in Mecca...The Buraq then carries Muhammad to the "Masjid Al Aqsa", the "Farthest Mosque", which many Muslims believe is "the Noble Sanctuary" (Temple Mount) in Jerusalem.
                              This is from wiki. My copy of Quran also confirms the story and calls the land around al-aqsa as sacred. Daniel Pipes claim the al-aqsa (the farthest mosque) in the Quran was not meant to be the one in Kudus. I don't understand what he tries to achieve though, even if they didn't mean it back then muslims accept the mosque in Kudus as the one since like a millenia so practically its sacred.

Comment

Working...
                              X