Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prof View Post
    Mods:

The original topic of this thread was fun & useful but has admittedly (not my fault. It was Tankie. Tankie did it! Tankie!) zoomed 'way off- topic. On the other hand, the current subject is fascinating, at least to me, & an example of just what a limitless range this outfit has. Besides me just starting a new one, any way to break off the last few posts & use them to start over?

Prof

ohhhhhh no he didnt :))

Comment

Back to the Indians.Prof,related to the Solutrean theory,I've read the the Ojibway(something like that) tribe had some ancient European genetic markers.Do you know about research done on the Cheyenne,or other any tribe?
      Those who know don't speak
      He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
        Back to the Indians.Prof,related to the Solutrean theory,I've read the the Ojibway(something like that) tribe had some ancient European genetic markers.Do you know about research done on the Cheyenne,or other any tribe?
        Mihais:

Well, form follows function, so artefacts that look alike don't need to have a common origin, & it's a long walk from France to the American Eastern Woodlands. Also, what?, ~20-25K ago? is a long time before my little flood, wrecking my scheme, you rat. But, on the other hand, the fact that Clovis points are found only out West & back East support it some (if you assume that the Eastern finds are the earlier ones) even though the big points themselves are the only artefacts found in America. I think. They forget how to make the small stuff once they got here?

The MDNA stuff linking the Eastern Woodlands to Europe sounds nicer, & I don't really care too much how fluffy & frantic current stake-holders get when their ideas are scouted. The Cheyenne (Tankie! Tankie did it!! ) that started this business were Algonquian for sure; Eastern Woodlands folk who had only recently moved to their bison hide trailer parks on the Great Plains. Their early photos suggest that, except for their clothes, they'd fit just fine into a crowd scene in Zagreb, but be arrested in PyongYang. They had to come from somewhere, after all. At least 3 waves of immigration into the Americas are posited & the Bering Strait as a route is just a likely assumption.

Prof

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
          ohhhhhh no he didnt :))
          Yes you did. Post #54.

Apache dog soldiers , yes well worthy of a mention
          :P

Comment

Originally Posted by Mihais:

Mihais:

Oh. Forgot. The Ojibwai are Eastern Woodlands Angonquians, too.

Ms. Julie:

Spot on.

Tankie:

You're guilty. Guilty! GUILTY!!!

Prof

Comment

Mihais:

Ms. Julie:

Spot on.

Tankie:

You're guilty. Guilty! GUILTY!!!

Prof
              not not not

Thethread is about toughest soldiers and Apache dog soldiers are / were ,tough , so there

Comment

not not not

Thethread is about toughest soldiers and Apache dog soldiers are / were ,tough , so there
                Tankie:

The 'Pash ate all their dogs, which were tender when properly prepared, so there backatcha. :P

Prof

Comment

Tankie:

The 'Pash ate all their dogs, which were tender when properly prepared, so there backatcha. :P

Prof
                  me smokum peace um pipe
                  Attached Files

Comment

me smokum peace um pipe
                    Tankie:

Good, Man-who-come-across-big-lake-in-iron-bird, have some dog. Heap good Pipe give munchies.

Prof

Comment

Tankie:

Good, Man-who-come-across-big-lake-in-iron-bird, have some dog. Heap good Pipe give munchies.

Prof
                      What you smoke-um in peace pipe Chief Prof??;)
                      "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Mihais:

We have a good remainder of the tribe here in Michigan,although their name has been massacred into "Chippewa":).
                        "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                          We have a good remainder of the tribe here in Michigan,although their name has been massacred into "Chippewa":).
                          Shamus:

Hey! I didn't know that. I don't know how else the Ojibwai were weird, but if a bowyer on the net, Pete Ward, is right about its historical accuracy, his Ojibwai bow, which is a true compound with a really crazy-looking accessory "bow" attached to & in front of the primary limbs & handgrip, is something else. Very fast but without any release shock.

Prices aren't bad, either.

Prof

Addendum: Now he calls it his Oneida bow. Still strange. Nope. Penobscot bow.
                          Last edited by Prof; 16 Jan 10,, 21:54. Reason: Change in Web site info

Comment

Mods:Besides me just starting a new one, any way to break off the last few posts & use them to start over?

Prof
                            The magic thread faerie muttered an incantation and Lo! a new thread with a crap title was born, and he saw that it was good.
                            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                              Pari can tell us when Maori & other Pacific Islanders did it.
                              Linguistic and mitochondrial DNA point to successive waves of migration from Taiwan starting roughly 5200 years ago. Navigation and shipbuilding skills had to be damned good or developing rapidly at that point, even the relatively short hops across Micronesia happened out of sight of land.
                              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                                Linguistic and mitochondrial DNA point to successive waves of migration from Taiwan starting roughly 5200 years ago. Navigation and shipbuilding skills had to be damned good or developing rapidly at that point, even the relatively short hops across Micronesia happened out of sight of land.
                                Aha! Thank you O Magic Thread Fairy. Now the "Toughest Soldiers" thread can get back to its original intent, & those who wish can argue fruitlessley about unknowable prehistoric events.

Prof

Comment

Working...
                                X