6.5 Grendel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.5 Grendel

Anybody have an AR chambered in the 6.5 Grendel?

I have one on order (rifle kit actually). I'm going to put it on a Stag lower than I've got. It'll have a 20" floated barrel.

I am a big fan of the 6.5x55 and thought this would be interesting in an AR.
    Don't just sit there, do something!

OSOK:

I'm also a fan of the 6.5x55. Lethal little critter. All I've got is an old but nice Swede Mauser. Kicketh not, & major-league precise. I'm not up on the Grendel. Same cartridge? Surely not. Similar? Guess I ought to Google it. lazy, & it's New Years Eve, however.

Prof

Comment

Biggest issue with the Grendel is there is only one manufacturer of magazines. C-products. I had some of 17 round magazines and they sucked (the 10 and 25 round magazines seem OK). The round itself is a good one. It bucks the wind well and is accurate.

Comment

Prof, the 6.5 Grendel is a necked down 7.62x39 basically. Overall length is close to the 5.56x45.

It moves a 120 grain bullet around 2500 fps. Its chambered in a modified AR-15 upper- uses slightly mod'd AR-15 mags.

It's a competitor of sorts to the 6.8 Remington, and I think its a bit better - especially at long range.
        Don't just sit there, do something!

Comment

Working...
        X