Tiger Woods seriously injured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Woods seriously injured

I hope the guy pulls through i think he,s a great ambassador for sport , a gentleman , speedy recovery Tiger

Reuters

World number one golfer Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident on Friday, a Florida newspaper reported.

The Orlando Sentinel, citing the Florida Highway Patrol, said Woods' car struck a fire hydrant and a tree in Florida's Isleworth community, near Orlando.

Woods, 33, was transported to a hospital in Ocoee in serious condition, the newspaper said, citing the FHP.

Woods is one of the world's richest athletes, a leading force in sports marketing and the biggest draw on the PGA tour.

Woods made a triumphant comeback on the tour this year after sitting out much of the 2008 season following reconstructive knee surgery. He was operated on shortly after clinching his 14th major title, the 2008 U.S. Open.

He won six tournaments this year but did not win a major title. Nonetheless, he had a successful year and capped it by winning the season-long FedEx Cup.

The Sentinel said the accident happened at about 2:25 a.m. as Woods pulled his Cadillac Escalade out of his driveway.

The newspaper said the airbags in the vehicle did not deploy.

The FHP said the crash was under investigation and charges are pending, the newspaper reported.

Hope he's ok and by the sounds of it he's walking wounded

"A local mayor was later quoted as saying Woods had been freed after treatment for facial lacerations."

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
      Hope he's ok and by the sounds of it he's walking wounded

"A local mayor was later quoted as saying Woods had been freed after treatment for facial lacerations."
      Ahhhh good news nuts ;) but why would reuters say seriously injured ??
      Last edited by tankie; 27 Nov 09,, 22:18.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
        Ahhhh good news nuts ;) but why would reuters say seriously injured ??
        Oh you know...probably media hype or they were misinformed. Man, for a second there I was worried something might have happened to Tiger's magic hands. Whew~

Comment

So, from what I read, and heard (from my mom who lives not too far away from the Isleworth community) Tiger and his wife had been arguing and when he left he hit a fire hydrant before running into a tree! Speculation is that the injuries to his face are from his wife! Whatever the situation, I hope everything is going to be ok for him and his wife.

Orlando Sentinel - Tiger Woods: Speculation rampant as crash questions persist by Hal Boedeker
          “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
          "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
          sigpic

Comment

Tiger admits to "transgressions

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (Dec. 2) - With a public apology and another appeal for privacy, Tiger Woods acknowledged Wednesday that he let his family down with unspecified "transgressions" that he regrets with "all of my heart."

"I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves," Woods said on his Web site following a magazine report of an alleged affair.
            It was his longest statement since a middle-of-the-night car crash outside his Florida home last week set off the greatest media scrutiny of Woods' career and his 5-year-old marriage to former model Elin Nordegren. He did not go into detail and said he would deal with his "personal failings" with his family.
            "Those feelings should be shared by us alone," he said.

Shortly after the investigation of the car accident ended Tuesday with a $164 citation for careless driving, Us Weekly reported that a Los Angeles cocktail waitress claims she had a 31-month affair with the world's No. 1 golfer.
            About three hours before Woods' statement, the magazine released what it said was a voice mail - provided by the waitress, Jaimee Grubbs - that Woods left on her phone three days before his accident.

"I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves," Woods said on his Web site. "For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology."

Woods' career - as a golfer and perhaps the most recognized and marketable athlete in the world - has been largely without blemish since he turned pro at age 20.

Three of his sponsors - Nike, Gatorade and EA Sports - expressed support or commitment to Woods. Gillette said it had no plans to change its marketing programs. AT&T declined comment.

Tiger Woods Makes Statement -- FanHouse

Comment

The Women in the Tiger Woods Scandal

As the Tiger Woods story continues to evolve and escalate, a handful of women who aren't named Mrs. Woods have come into the fray claiming they've had affairs with the golf great. It can be quite confusing -- so many mistresses, so little time -- so PopEater took the time to break down each alleged Tiger poacher and the stories swirling around them. Let's start with the newest name after the jump ...

Who: Kalika Moquin
              Alleged Length of Affair: 'Months'

How She 'Knew' Tiger: According to Life & Style, Moquin has "quietly been seeing Tiger for months."

While Moquin refrained from commenting on the story, saying "it's not appropriate," an insider told Life & Style that she and Woods "hooked up a bunch of times," and that Tiger told her "he wasn't happy in his marriage or his home life." The magazine reports the two hooked up as recently as Oct. 23, when Woods was in Las Vegas.

Who: Jaimee Grubbs
              Alleged Length of Affair: 31 months

How She 'Knew' Tiger: In a massive Us Weekly exclusive, Grubbs -- who was recently on VH1's 'Tool Academy' -- claims that she and Tiger had at least 20 sexual encounters, though she didn't divulge exactly what that means. Even worse for the golf great, she claims to have voicemails and text messages that will only bolster her claims of an affair. Us even has one of the voicemails, in which Tiger tells Grubbs: ""I need you to do me a huge favor. Can you please take your name off your phone? My wife went through my phone and may be calling you."

Who: Rachel Uchitel
              Alleged Length of Affair: No timetable
              How She 'Knew' Tiger: Though she's denied all reports of a fling with Tiger, Rachel Uchitel was the first and most prominent woman in the mix (aside from Tiger's wife Elin).

Days before the car crash, the National Enquirer linked Uchitel to Tiger, with a source saying that Uchitel bragged about their trysts. Also, according to RadarOnline, Woods paid for Uchitel to meet him in Australia this month -- a trip she recently claimed was mere coincidence.

The Women in the Tiger Woods Scandal | PopEater.com

Comment

Hell hath No Greater Wrath than a woman lied to..especially when she finds out..!!

Comment

Originally posted by texasjohn View Post
                  Hell hath No Greater Wrath than a woman lied to..especially when she finds out..!!
                  Personally, I think she was waling on him with that golf club when he left in such a rush in his car. Why in the world would she run outside with a golfclub and bust out the BACK windows ?

Just doesn't add up.

Comment

Apparantly a "hole in one" wasn't enough for Eldrick. :))

Comment

Working...
                    X