Formula one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big K View Post
    i would like to see the British Racing Green back on the F1. Jag was a catasthrophe.

see thats the problem i think.

once upon a time there was Alfa Romeo, Maserati, Lotus, Audi and many other teams & brands...even Rover tried the F1...

now most of those brands are owned by "global" bigger companies...those companies dont see any reason to be (which means much money) in F1...

there was "names" like Fangio that people would take as a role-model...

now F1 is at best,

spiritless, robotic & cash-centric...
    I agree mate its expensive , BUT never boring , a race is mainly won with the decisions taken before the race , the strategy , the split second timing in the pits , tyres, fuel, etc etc , oh , and having a good car and good driver helps as well , i think the Vanwall was always BRG ;)

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
      I agree mate its expensive , BUT never boring , a race is mainly won with the decisions taken before the race , the strategy , the split second timing in the pits , tyres, fuel, etc etc , oh , and having a good car and good driver helps as well , i think the Vanwall was always BRG ;)
      good driving must be at first place :)
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

good driving must be at first place :)
        Cant agree mate , an F1 race is won in the pit strategy ,all the drivers are well on par with each other , even the greatest have got their stategy wrong and never got a podium ;)

Comment

Cant agree mate , an F1 race is won in the pit strategy ,all the drivers are well on par with each other , even the greatest have got their stategy wrong and never got a podium ;)
          and the pit strategies are always kinda cheat to me :)
          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

How so ??

Comment

To each his own, I think they make the sport much more interesting to watch :)
              When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

well, Ferrari is already pissed of because of "anti-ferrari" behaviour of F1 administration.

thats why they do not push hard this season.

btw despite being an F1 fan i think that spectating F1 from tv or live at the track is BOOOOOOOOOORING....

i think they must add somethings to make it "movie-like" when they shooting on tv.
                By anti-Ferrarri, you mean not allowing them to spend a billion a year and send out a car that drives itself. They need to keep instituting changes that puts the race back in the drivers hands. The title of WDC really doesn't mean all that much these days, its all in the hands of mechanical engineers and the computers nerds who write the software. The current set of drivers is just a bunch of rich spoiled posers doing it for the fame and money.
                Last edited by BenRoethig; 18 Nov 09,, 19:49.
                F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

How so ??
                  Originally posted by Knaur Amarsh View Post
                  To each his own, I think they make the sport much more interesting to watch :)
                  well, when i see a car passing other from the pit stop...well this is not fair to me.

i want to see cars passing by eachother on the tarmac, not on the pit lane.

Comment

well, when i see a car passing other from the pit stop...well this is not fair to me.

Not going to happen unless the drivers aides go bye bye and we get a crop of drivers who isn't so risk adverse. Of course the purists don't want there to be any rules even if the technology has gotten to a point where the drivers have little to do with performance and it completely ruins what you see on the track.
                    F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BenRoethig View Post
                      By anti-Ferrarri, you mean not allowing them to spend a billion a year and send out a car that drives itself. They need to keep instituting changes that puts the race back in the drivers hands. The title of WDC really doesn't mean all that much these days, its all in the hands of mechanical engineers and the computers nerds who write the software. The current set of drivers is just a bunch of rich spoiled posers doing it for the fame and money.
                      if you see my other posts you can see that i agree with you about drivers abilities.

the cars that drives their selves are there because of ridiculous rules. allowing of telemetry, traction & launch controls and etc...

if i remember well there are some teams other than Ferrari who admit that they used illegal launch control programs and etc.

i am not to advocating anything nor being any teams fan btw.

Comment

Do you mean a car gets in front of another because of a better pit stop ?

Comment

Do you mean a car gets in front of another because of a better pit stop ?
                          normally i understand the strat thing in these matters but these type of passings are much more often than normal passings.

as an addition as far as i know tracks are not that "passing friendly" at all, i mean in a normal track there are too few passable zones.

Comment

normally i understand the strat thing in these matters but these type of passings are much more often than normal passings.

as an addition as far as i know tracks are not that "passing friendly" at all, i mean in a normal track there are too few passable zones.
                            I dont think you grasp the concept of pit stops , before a driver is allowed to leave the pits he has to have permission from the lollipop man , if another car has a better and faster stop he can pass that slower car , its all fair , thats why i say F1 races are won and lost it the pits and strategies .;)

Comment

I dont think you grasp the concept of pit stops , before a driver is allowed to leave the pits he has to have permission from the lollipop man , if another car has a better and faster stop he can pass that slower car , its all fair , thats why i say F1 races are won and lost it the pits and strategies .;)
                              no i fully understand the pit stop concept mate but i just cant express my self again

Comment

no i fully understand the pit stop concept mate but i just cant express my self again
                                Ahh ok mate , but the pits are a very strategic important part of the race and all is legal in reference to passing .;)

Comment

Working...
                                X