No announcement yet.

SKS Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The chinese ones are all over the place, the first batch of them that they made using imported yet highly worn Russian machinery were not so good, They built some of thier own for their military that were pretty decent. There have also been a bunch of different runs of commercial export ones, some good some mediocre some poor. The all over the place quality of them as manufactured has earned the chinese ones a bad name. Russian and Yugoslav ones were usually fairly well made though condition due to use and wear can be anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by leib10 View Post
      Most of the AR stocks tacked on to non-AR weapons look like crap.
      Correct a serious job for

and a lot of

Unless there are legal restrictions preventing someone just going out and buying an AR of any brand, I'll never understand why people will spend their money on a second class weapon and try to dress it up to look like an AR.

Even the 10/22 kit to make it into anything else other than a 10/22, even Ruger have been snared into the madness The Ruger SR-22 Rifle.

Tony
      Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

You just talked me into buying an SR-22!!!:))

It would be fun to have a plinker again!

Whoa! It's been 2 hours and I HAD to edit...

$650 for that???? ridiculous!! oh well!
        Last edited by texasjohn; 27 Sep 09,, 23:05.

Comment

Originally posted by toemag View Post

and a lot of

Unless there are legal restrictions preventing someone just going out and buying an AR of any brand, I'll never understand why people will spend their money on a second class weapon and try to dress it up to look like an AR.

Even the 10/22 kit to make it into anything else other than a 10/22, even Ruger have been snared into the madness The Ruger SR-22 Rifle.

Tony
          We call that "Kalifornia." :(
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

and a lot of

Tony
            :)):)):))

Comment

The real question then becomes how do you feel about restocking to black polymer instead of wood or whatever come from the factory.

AR's while nice guns aren't the absolute pinnicale of small arms.
              Last edited by Maxor; 28 Sep 09,, 20:56.

Comment

An SKS belongs to the wood stocked rifles, as issued to the troops who carried them, just my opinion.

Tony

Comment

Here's a classical example of over kill SKS.

Tony

Comment

Yuck.

Comment

Here's a classical example of over kill SKS.

Tony
                      Yet you seem very proud of it!;)

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                        Yet you seem very proud of it!;)
                        Naw, I saw it on eGun and thought great, now I have a classical example for the WAB.

Tony

Comment

Naw, I saw it on eGun and thought great, now I have a classical example for the WAB.

Tony
                          Whew! That's a relief. I thought I was going to have recommend some therapy for you.

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                            Whew! That's a relief. I thought I was going to have recommend some therapy for you.
                            None needed here mate, although I just wish I could get 1K of .223 Rem. ammo for the same price as 7.62x39 (€150).

Tony

Comment

I'm fine with the pistolgrip, the colapsable stock is weird but why not? What the hell is the weird foregrip thing? Oh and can someone explain to me why on earth they mounted a scope on a non-fixed bolt cover? The bolt cover moves everytime the action cycles and doesn't come back to the exact same position. If you are wanting to mount a scope on an SKS, (which is an ok idea for a 2x or 3x scope) either mount it to the upper handguard, or mount it to the rear sight assembly. I just don't understand It also looks like it was Yugo and they kept most or all of the gernade launcher on the front but removed the bayonet which doesn't make alot of sense to me either.

I am something of a fan of the SKS, the gun is a nice substitute for a .30-30 lever action carbine as a saddle or house gun. They aren't tack drivers but they will with a competant shooter and a gun in good condition give you a 3 to 4 inch group at 100 once sighted in. They are good for general purpose shooting and ammo is fairly cheap. I personally own 3, 1 russian and 2 yugo. 1 modded with a polymer stock which makes it about 2lbs lighter than than the other yugo even though its been modded to accept 15 round ak style magazines. It took a little work to get it not to have feed problems and I still have to play with new mags a little. I also have owned an ar-15 it was a great gun more accurate than the sks especially at range. I got offered what at the time was a great for it and sold it. Now kinda wishing I hadn't but not to upset about it will probably eventually pick-up another.

Alot of what I am trying to say here is that they are different guns, an sks is a cheap reliable fire arm for general use. Want to shoot deer with it fine, varmint hunting fine, recreational target shooting fine. Bear defense while riding fine. It just an everyday type of gun. The AR-15 is more of a specialized target or showpeice gun. Does it make a fine combat rifle sure, but once again they are given to different types of shooters.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxor View Post
                                What the hell is the weird foregrip thing?
                                Probably one of these.

BEGADI - Softair Munition, Gas und Zubehör zu günstigen Preisen

From the air-soft accessory shop, as a one of these

CAA BPP Grip Vordergriff+Zweibein, drehbar - Waffen Centrale

Costs more than the original rifle minus all the Gucci Tacticool bolt ons.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X