US drug issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US drug issue

How would you solve the drug problem in America?

Originally posted by EricTheRed
    How would you solve the drug problem in America?
    Legalize it all. It's a demand problem more than a supply problem anyway.

Helluva genie to try and stuff back in the bottle if I'm wrong though.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem

Helluva genie to try and stuff back in the bottle if I'm wrong though.

-dale
      Oh God, I'm going to have to call it a night on this one.

Comment

It would take the illicit sources out of the picture.
        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

If you eliminate the want for it in america that would stop everything. Maybe the coast guard could posin some drugs that way they will see people are dying right when they do it and stop doing drugs. Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by EricTheRed
            If you eliminate the want for it in america that would stop everything. Maybe the coast guard could posin some drugs that way they will see people are dying right when they do it and stop doing drugs. Just a thought
            My best friend is a heroin addict. One of my roommates for 4 years was an alcoholic. I've never touched anything harder than booze myself, but unless you are into drugs yourself or you're a cop, I've probably got more knowledge of that 'scene' and 'those people' under my belt than you do.

You can't tell an addict they are going to hurt themselves and expect that to change their behavior. You can't even SHOW them they are going to hurt themselves and expect them to change their behavior. That's what addiction is.

On the other side of the coin, their are plenty of people that enjoy casual use of substances for recreation and, while it may not be helping them, it's probably not hurting them too much.

So the Libertarian in me says "Legalize it all and let the chips fall where they may". The Conservative in me says "Too risky to legalize it." The Liberal inside me says -- Aw heck, y'all know as well as I do that I don't have any Liberal inside me. :)

-dale

Comment

Legalizing drugs may end the actual drug offenses, but as the drugs become more affordable, more people will begin using them. Drug related crimes would increase, as would addiction.

Comment

As long as people are not able to deal with reality their will always be a substance problem. So basically their is no solution to this problem.

Comment

On the other side of the coin, their are plenty of people that enjoy casual use of substances for recreation and, while it may not be helping them, it's probably not hurting them too much.

-dale
                  Agree 100%. It still baffles me to this day those who oppose legalizing drugs. There is no difference between this issue and The Volstead Act.

It urks me to no end how societies legislates their morality on victimless crimes.

The United States is one of the biggest consumers of illicit drugs. I would much rather see that business taxed here and the money integrated into our economy than have it go overseas.

It's a no brainer the sooner the people and the goverment in the US wake up and see this issue for what it is the better off we'll be.

Comment

Originally posted by lwarmonger
                    Legalizing drugs may end the actual drug offenses, but as the drugs become more affordable, more people will begin using them. Drug related crimes would increase, as would addiction.
                    That's why we have taxes. If the drug dealers aren't making money, they won't be in the game. The drug runners want it illegal, they make a lot more money that way.
                    F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BenRoethig
                      That's why we have taxes. If the drug dealers aren't making money, they won't be in the game. The drug runners want it illegal, they make a lot more money that way.
                      I was talking about violent drug related crime.

Comment

Originally posted by lwarmonger
                        I was talking about violent drug related crime.
                        That's the drug dealers, smugglers, gangs, drug lords, whatever you want to call them.
                        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Ummm....weed brownies. ;)

Honestly though, I used to toke back in college and never for the life of me understood the propaganda against cannabis. Its just something you'll grow out of eventually and by any measure is less harmless than alcohol. I mean honestly, when was the last time you saw a pothead commit a violent crime, get into raging fistfight or do anything for that matter.
                          Last edited by AchtungSpitFire; 31 Mar 05,, 18:04.

Comment

"I mean honestly, when was the last time you saw a pothead commit a violent crime, get into raging fistfight or do anything for that matter."

Heh, all a pothead wants is a bag of potato chips, a laz-y-boy, and the remote control. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                              "I mean honestly, when was the last time you saw a pothead commit a violent crime, get into raging fistfight or do anything for that matter."

Heh, all a pothead wants is a bag of potato chips, a laz-y-boy, and the remote control. ;)
                              That is so very true....and "no war." But, when you get into cocaine/heroine.....that's a whole different ball game to watch.

Comment

Working...
                              X