How to Make Terrorists Talk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shek View Post
    Torture has proven to be less effective than rapport building and/or ego challenging interrogation techniques. Why would you choose a less effective technique that causes you to waste assets going after false leads?
    actually there are lots of butchers and few pros in interrogation techniques. that is just too expensive and time consuming (i.e. ineffective) to be long about every scum.

Comment

Originally posted by Zampolit View Post
      actually there are lots of butchers and few pros in interrogation techniques. .
      We would expect this.

But we also would also expect at Guatmo camp or whatever was the CIA center, the interrogators of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and other so called 'high-value' detainees would be pros.

Comment

When you start relaying on captured terrorists for intelligence, i tend to think that you are in deep s... :)

Comment

Originally posted by axeman View Post
          So what you're saying is - the CIA chap is justified in torturing the 'might-be-terrorist' because he would recieve the same treatment if caught ?
          No the CIA chap is not justified because he is bound by the rules of the law but not the terrorists. We can debate this till the end of the world but this will just be looking at one side of the coin.

I agree that this rule of the law is what seperates human beings from animals but we had a lot of bleeding hearts championing the cause of these terrorists and ready to condemn the security forces at the drop of the hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Zampolit View Post
            actually there are lots of butchers and few pros in interrogation techniques. that is just too expensive and time consuming (i.e. ineffective) to be long about every scum.
            The most effective interrogator over the course of one year at Abu Ghraib was a door to door vacuum salesman in a prior life. Given the small number of required interrogators, the right effort would be that much of an effort to man an interrogation unit with the nearly all "pros."
            "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Originally posted by Shek View Post
              The most effective interrogator over the course of one year at Abu Ghraib was a door to door vacuum salesman in a prior life. Given the small number of required interrogators, the right effort would be that much of an effort to man an interrogation unit with the nearly all "pros."
              ahhh yes the old trapped foot in the door technique

Comment

[QUOTE=Merlin;649207 They are ready to die.[/QUOTE]

All together now ,, for they are jolly good fellows , for they are jolly good fellows
                and so say lots of us

The sooner they die ,,the better
                Last edited by tankie; 17 Jun 09,, 19:28.

Comment

Originally posted by sumob View Post
                  I agree that this rule of the law is what seperates human beings from animals but we had a lot of bleeding hearts championing the cause of these terrorists and ready to condemn the security forces at the drop of the hat.
                  Is condemning security forces for moving suspects to secret prisons and torturing them wrong ?

Comment

Originally posted by axeman View Post
                    Is condemning security forces for moving suspects to secret prisons and torturing them wrong ?
                    Yes it is mate .

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                      Oh i got the point very well , i dont get fox news in the UK so another wrong assumption , and while your running around frightened , thank the powers that be for trying to make the world safer from these pieces of crap , and i think if you think i cant get round the idea that we/i /us/ can be wrong about something you just dont see the whole picture .And IMO you dont know whats at stake . ,I retired from the forces in 1982 so i strongly suggest you stop making assumptions .

PS can you let members know something about yourself ,,,,or would tah be a give away .

I'm still in the forces at this very moment, an FA Captain in the U.S. Army...so perhaps you should stop making assumptions as well. Further....read my earlier post, if you haven't already, for a more indepth response to your nonsense....the only one here that is truly frightened is you, and it's causing you to think/act irrationally. DON'T YOU GET IT?! THE WHOLE POINT IS THAT IT DOESN"T MAKE THE WORLD SAFER TO TORTURE.....IN FACT, IT MAKES IT MORE DANGEROUS!!!

My God when are you torture enthusiast gonna get that through your thick skulls. I am opposed to torture on moral and legal grounds (regardless of effectiveness).....but even if I wasn't, the fracking fact of the matter is that torture is not only ineffective, but is indeed actually counterproductive to providing actionable intelligence, and CREATES Terrorist. If you don't understand those FACTS you are either too stubborn to hold an intellectually pure discussion, or are not informed enough to be making educated opinions.

At heart, all I think any of you pro-torturers really want to do is cause pain to those that caused us pain. A 'normal' instinct, but still an animal instict. If you want to behave like an animal that is your purogative, but don't drag the rest of down with you to the gutter.

FM 3-24 is the US Army COIN manual if you can get a copy of it. It spells out very clearly what we need to do to win, and things like torture and a focus on Kinetic operations are not exactly on the 'to do' list.... Read, learn, and then get back to me if you want to discuss anything further.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                        I will not hesitate to sacrifice yours and your family's lives to uphold your moral values.
                        I would like an explanation of this qoute, please. I can see two ways to interpret this statement, and before I comment I would like to know how I should have interpreted it.

I am in the U.S. Army so please do be careful not to put your foot in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by cmmcgo View Post
                          I'm still in the forces at this very moment, an FA Captain in the U.S. Army...so perhaps you should stop making assumptions as well. Further....read my earlier post, if you haven't already, for a more indepth response to your nonsense....the only one here that is truly frightened is you, and it's causing you to think/act irrationally. DON'T YOU GET IT?! THE WHOLE POINT IS THAT IT DOESN"T MAKE THE WORLD SAFER TO TORTURE.....IN FACT, IT MAKES IT MORE DANGEROUS!!!

My God when are you torture enthusiast gonna get that through your thick skulls. I am opposed to torture on moral and legal grounds (regardless of effectiveness).....but even if I wasn't, the fracking fact of the matter is that torture is not only ineffective, but is indeed actually counterproductive to providing actionable intelligence, and CREATES Terrorist. If you don't understand those FACTS you are either too stubborn to hold an intellectually pure discussion, or are not informed enough to be making educated opinions.

At heart, all I think any of you pro-torturers really want to do is cause pain to those that caused us pain. A 'normal' instinct, but still an animal instict. If you want to behave like an animal that is your purogative, but don't drag the rest of down with you to the gutter.

FM 3-24 is the US Army COIN manual if you can get a copy of it. It spells out very clearly what we need to do to win, and things like torture and a focus on Kinetic operations are not exactly on the 'to do' list.... Read, learn, and then get back to me if you want to discuss anything further.
                          1st capt , i dont mean to damage your rather fragile army desk driving skills , but,why are you shouting , its only your opinion your trying to force on me , well it wont work Mr,, ,, go preach to someone who gives a f#ck .

Now then , i never made any assumptions ,, you did , i had an opinion , which is exactly what you have , but you arrogantly thought i watched fox news and made decisions on that , WRONG , and if you think i talk nonsense Capt , its your opinion ,oh by the way you seemed to understand exactly what i said ?? and interrogation methods ,the ends justify the means IMO,,its because of people like you who are appeasing these bastards that are going to give away democracy , i dont know of the COIN (counter intel )document you refer to please , link it ,then maybe i will get back to you , but until then you carry on being mother Teresa, AND , i dont behave like an animal ,I AINT BEHEADED NO,ONE ,OR BLOWN ANYONE UP IN TUBES OR BUSES , and by the way Capt ,purogative is spelt ( prerogative ) which highlights your intelligence , so while im in the gutter with many others who think like me , (including your past presidents ) Capt , come and join me and we will have a meaningful discussion , one which will leave you cold , and you still dont know whats at stake IMO , SO , go back to your arrogant post and digest your rhetoric .And by the way i aint frightened , another assumption , huh , i aint frightened of them, or you ,or anyone .What does frighten me is appeasers and bleeding heart moralistic morons ,,like you .Get it through your thick skull Mr , its war , and alls fair in love and war , God forbid you ever get captured , your morals will be shoved where the sun dont shine , just before your head rolls in the gutter ,, oops , dont bleed on me will you , or everyone else who doesnt share your views .

And you arrogantly think everyone has a thick skull because they dont agree with you and your opinions and morals and have their own opinion , well ,, by the way , who authorised the waterboarding and GWANTANIMO jail , oops i spelt that wrong huh .and can you verify or authenticate (thats a big word for a guttersnipe is it not forsooth ) that you are a Capt in the forces .

PS MR , GO FILL IN YOUR PROFILE ,, ITS CALLED COURTESY
                          Last edited by tankie; 18 Jun 09,, 20:19.

Comment

I would like an explanation of this qoute, please. I can see two ways to interpret this statement, and before I comment I would like to know how I should have interpreted it.

I am in the U.S. Army so please do be careful not to put your foot in your mouth.
                            oooooooooooooooooo G/N careful now , mr Rambo here will be coming for ya , like hes the only soldier on board ;)
                            Last edited by tankie; 17 Jun 09,, 22:22.

Comment

First, we have to establish a baseline. What is torture?

I am against torture for no good reason. I am against torture to extract information. But I'm not against making someone uncomfortable to encourage cooperation, in addition to other "less hostile" methods.

And how am I supposed to interpret this statement?
                              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                                First, we have to establish a baseline. What is torture?

I am against torture for no good reason. I am against torture to extract information. But I'm not against making someone uncomfortable to encourage cooperation, in addition to other "less hostile" methods.
                                I really don't care about the torture debate anymore...as long as rendition is still utilized, then the whole waterboarding debate is a moot point.

gunnut, tankie:
                                I know cmmcgo. I work with him. He's a good guy with good intentions. Just a little too emotional sometimes.:) We tease him about it at work all the time.

Chris- See you tomorrow.
                                America doesn't deserve its military

-Emma Sky

Comment

Working...
                                X