A Good BB Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Admiral Nelson View Post
    Someone sent me a link to this movie trailer, which features an Iowa, as well as perhaps a Fletcher class DD.... :)
    Another Lame Lamas movie :P
    who watches this movie anyway ...?

Comment

my vote goes to HMS Warspite

Comment

Would class A or B armor be more resistant to mega shark teeth? I suppose it depends on bite angle. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny W View Post
          Maybe not a battleship centric movie, but I think a movie about the entire series of Naval battles around Guadalcanal would make an excellent movie. I read that the Enterprise series that the History Channel did was one of the History Channel's highest rated shows ever, so it could be that there is a market for this type of movie. They could feature Hornet and Enterprise, along with Washington and North Carolina, and of course the Cruiser battles.
          Reminiscient of Victory at Sea.;)
          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
            Reminiscient of Victory at Sea.;)

Well, I was thinking more of a Band of Brother Naval Version.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny W View Post
              Well, I was thinking more of a Band of Brother Naval Version.
              That's already been done - about the Sullivan brothers.
              Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                That's already been done - about the Sullivan brothers.

Ok, looking for something a bit more modern. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                  Correct Pal. Along with "When the Fleet comes in" He also starred in the "Gallant Hours" with Dennis Weaver (McCloud:))) as Admiral Halsey.
                  Ah yes. FINALLY a perfect casting call to play Admiral Halsy. Everybody said he looked like Halsey, was the right height as Halsy, had the correct personality as Halsy. Those who knew Halsey said that Cagney WAS Halsey.

I liked that scene where he is trying to run down into a bunker during an air raid and somebody in the darkness yelled for him to get out as they were packed. He merely said, "Oh sorry" and then ran to another bunker.

It's very hard to cast near perfect look-alikes of famous historical figures.
                  Only George Kennedy looked the most like General Patton who has been played by George C. Scott, Kirk Douglas, Darren McGavin, Gerald McRaney and others. And non of them could (or would) speak in the high pitched voice of the real Patton.

Also in Apollo 13, Tom Hanks is a great actor but in no way looks like James Lovell.

But in The Right Stuff, they did cast actors that looked very much like the real Astronauts.

Comment

A fairly historical jutland with lead-up would be an awesome movie especially if they kept the ammount of cgi low and the number of ships high.

Comment

Here is another movie, which seems to show what really happened to a famous WWII battleship: Click to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                        "Pursuit of the Graf Spee" was a very well done movie with the USS Salem standing in for the German "Pocket" Battleship.

"Sink the Bismarck" was also well done though they used some of the wrong models. But then any movie with Dana Wynter in it is worth watching.
                        Both good movies. Although Cumberland without guns (she was operating as a trials cruiser at the time of filming) was a little weird, as was Graf Spee (USS Salem) with three main turrets and a big number on the bow.

Question (since i'm young and have no idea what the comment meant), in Battle of the River Plate (i'm assuming another name for "Pursuit of the Graf Spee what are they going on about after they ask Cumberland how she got there so fast?

Nice to see a Movie with most of the Ships representing themselves though.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Nelson View Post
                          Someone sent me a link to this movie trailer, which features an Iowa, as well as perhaps a Fletcher class DD.... :)
                          Couldn't catch the DD but I did some stop frame work on the BB. First, it was definitely a modernized Iowa class but the hull number was too fuzzy to read. Then I looked at the ECM house and it was a "wrap around" kind that the New Jersey didn't have. Looked at the bow and it didn't have the old 20mm gun tubs Iowa and Wisconsin have but the more streamlined bow like the New Jersey.

So, it was a stock shot of the Missouri.

I think any giant shark that would try to take a bite out of her would need an orthodontist real quick.

Comment

[QUOTE=I think any giant shark that would try to take a bite out of her would need an orthodontist real quick.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but a shark that can jump up and take down a 747

take a bite out of the golden gate bridge

with a tooth size that was the size of a 5" gun turret

ROTFL They couldnt have made a worse movie

But ill watch it anyway because the Mighty MO is in it

Comment

Now If I had in fact made this movie it would have been much much shorter in lenth

Movie starts, Begin credits......
                              "Skipper, giant Charcarodon Megalodon breaching to port"
                              "Aim, fire FULL BROADSIDES"
                              "Skipper, giant Charcarodon Megalodon blown to pieces"
                              Skipper kisses girl, as pieces of shark float to bottom..

end credits.....

Comment

Say, this film has by far the most realistic CGI of an Iowa class BB firing her main armament I have ever seen. Starts around 2:00 or so. :)

Click me.

Comment

Working...
                                X