New Star Trek movie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Star Trek movie.

What do you guys think of the new Star Trek Movie trailer? Pluses, Minuses, Do you think it will be a new series of movie like what they did to Star Wars?

A quick trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puXPo...eature=related

Just think they are even using the original hull numbers just like the original TV series just enhanced.

A great show growing up for those that remember Black and White TV's;)
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 14 Apr 09,, 14:52.
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
    What do you guys think of the new Star Trek Movie trailer? Pluses, Minuses, Do you think it will be a new series of movie like what they did to Star Wars?

A quick trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puXPo...eature=related

Just think they are even using the original hull numbers just like the original TV series just enhanced.

A great show growing up for those that remember Black and White TV's;)
    The HQ option has to be one of the best additions to Youtube in recent memory

I've seen very little of TOS despite being a huge Star Trek fan (diehard follower of TNG & DS9) so I can’t really dissect the trailer the way a TOS fan would, but nonetheless, still looking forward to watching this one. By the looks if it, it should at least be faithful to TOS, as to its accuracy that can only be determined after watching the movie.

I do think they will do a series of movies as I think Paramount wants to continue with the movie franchise. Maybe going back to the original series for the movies will be a more profitable endeavour than the TNG ones.

Do you think Zachary Quinto will make a good Spock?

Nebula82.
    Last edited by nebula82; 14 Apr 09,, 16:43.

Comment

I've never actually watched Star Trek but this movie looks pretty good. The franchise certainly needed a 21st century facelift

Comment

Kirk was not the original captain of the USS Enterprise.

It will be interesting to see the original series rebooted. I just hope they don't screw this one up.
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
          Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? That's news to me. Who was it?

It will be interesting to see the original series rebooted. I just hope they don't screw this one up.
          Yes. Nemesis was pretty disappointing, and too short.

Nebula82.

Comment

Originally posted by nebula82 View Post
            The HQ option has to be one of the best additions to Youtube in recent memory

I've seen very little of TOS despite being a huge Star Trek fan (diehard follower of TNG & DS9) so I can’t really dissect the trailer the way a TOS fan would, but nonetheless, still looking forward to watching this one. By the looks if it, it should at least be faithful to TOS, as to its accuracy that can only be determined after watching the movie.

I do think they will do a series of movies as I think Paramount wants to continue with the movie franchise. Maybe going back to the original series for the movies will be a more profitable endeavour than the TNG ones.

Do you think Zachary Quinto will make a good Spock?

Nebula82.
            *I think he will. He looks as though he can play a younger less reserved Spock. The same goes for all of them in the trailers.

Comment

Me to Gun. Me to.

Comment

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? That's news to me. Who was it?

Nebula82.
                The only other captain of the USS Enterprise (the ship in the original series) was Capt. Christopher Pike. I don't recall any other captain mentioned by name in the canon.

Comment

The only other captain of the USS Enterprise (the ship in the original series) was Capt. Christopher Pike. I don't recall any other captain mentioned by name in the canon.
                  Robert April was the first Captain. That's canon by now I believe.

I did two opinions on my bloggy thing: Linky.

Basically:

Star Trek XI: The Wrath of Reboot

I've nothing really to add about the "should we/shouldn't we" of the Reboot. They do, they did, and I'm going to go check it out.

I've nothing really to add about the ship. It's ugly and completely counter to the iconic look of the original, BUT they've been doing that since they pulled the Ent-E out of the dead uterus of a drunken space worm. So big whoop.

But I will say that if they choose to go all nuBSG and turn the iconic characters into a pack of whiney crybaby sissypants narcissisitc ****sticks that I'd just as soon boot to the head as share oxygen with, then they will have lost a potential fan.

When I see Kirk I want to BE as cool as Kirk. BE as unflappable as Spock. BE as drunk as McCoy. BE as geeky as Scotty. BE inside Uhura.

But seriously, does anyone want to BE the new Adama? BE the new Apollo? HAVE the new Starbuck inside them? No way. They're not icons or heroes, they're just a satchel of turds.

So in short, an ugly ship I can live with. Ugly characters, uh-uh.
                  and

To Boldly Go Where No Fan Has Asked You To Go Before

Based on what I've seen so far, my quick synopsis of the new Trek:

Star Trek XI: Doucheageddon

Some Romulan fartbag throws a tizzy, goes back in time and cockblocks James T. Kirk's parents just enough so that he and all his friends and fellow Star Fleet personnel still exist, but only as juvenile Emo tards with their hearts on their sleeves and their pants around their ankles. This time****ing also manages to alter all prior establishments of style, lighting, and construction into total queertopia.
                  Bottom line is that I think it will be a pretty cool action movie and terrible Star Trek.

-dale

Comment

Kirk better still be Kirk, not some touchie-feelie, manpon-wearin', vegitable-eatin', tree-huggin', crybaby like Lee "my testicles were crushed by a female Starbuck who still managed to be more manly than me" Adama.

Comment

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? That's news to me. Who was it? Nebula82.
                      Captains: Robert April (James Doohan, Gene Roddenberry), Christopher Pike (Jeffrey Hunter), James T. Kirk (William Shatner), Willard Decker (Stephen Collins), Spock (Leonard Nimoy)

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                        Captains: Robert April (James Doohan, Gene Roddenberry), Christopher Pike (Jeffrey Hunter), James T. Kirk (William Shatner), Willard Decker (Stephen Collins), Spock (Leonard Nimoy)
                        Christopher Pike was in both the original pilot program, "The Cage", and in the first season, the same episode, more or less, only re-named "The Menagerie", and split up into two episodes (Part I & II).
                        "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

We need a poll: Are you planning on going to see Star Trek XI when it comes out?

My response is: You may also assume that a wild bear goes potty in the woods.
                          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I will most probably wait for the DVD.

-dale

Comment

Kirk better still be Kirk, not some touchie-feelie, manpon-wearin', vegitable-eatin', tree-huggin', crybaby like Lee "my testicles were crushed by a female Starbuck who still managed to be more manly than me" Adama.
                              NOBODY could replace Kirk, That 60's hair flip and the coolest outter space hot rod the world had ever seen. He always got the women alien or not.:))
                              Last edited by Dreadnought; 15 Apr 09,, 14:47.

Comment

Working...
                              X