Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

India lifts ban on Chinese toys(Xinhua)

Updated: 2009-03-02 17:03

India on Monday lifted the one-month ban on Chinese toys, after the country's toy dealers became angry over the ban and said they were threatened with going out of business.

Indian Minister of Industry and Commerce Kamal Nath signed the order lifting the ban, said officials of the Ministry, adding that the lift came into effect as of mid-day Monday.

Indian government said in a statement earlier that China could resume toy exports to India on condition that the products are tagged with world consumer safety certificates like that of the International Standardization Organization.

India imposed the ban in January on excuses of public safety and health. China rejected the ban, calling it act of protectionism.

Indian toy dealers have complained that they risk going out of business after toy prices soared by as much as 100 percent following the ban. Many say they are running out of stocks.

that is the power of free trade system,though China is stronger than India,but it would make more trouble if we don't follow free trade system.

Comment

Umm... How did this thread come from there to here?
      夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
        From what I can see, internal stability is the highest priority while the Chinese government is slowly openly up. Thus getting feedback is important, especially feedbacks from this very large country that go straight to the Beijing central government. These direct feedbacks serve to supplement what they get from the provincial and city governments, just in case the latter got distorted. For this the internet is a good way.
        Actually, because of its huge size and diversity, maintaining internal stability is the top priority for China. It can also arise from a loss of economic growth if some local officials are not good at controlling unhappinesses and unrests. Thus good and fast feedback of such grievances up to the central government is very important.

The Internet is already used quite extensively in China and will continue to grow very fast. Thus the Internet is a powerful tool for such feedback to the center.

I think soon if not already, the mobile phone is also to be used for this. Technology is changing very fast.
        Last edited by Merlin; 04 Mar 09,, 14:35.

Comment

just like brain and nervous system.when you feel uncomfortable,peripheral nerve send signals to brain.

Comment

Merlin,

Institutionalization means formal channels for people to voice their grievances and more importantly a place to check the progress of the compliant. Long term solution is not having PM Wen come over for dinner and call his buddies in the city hall to fill the pothole in your front yard afterword.

Not every grievances is a valid, not every internet post is solid gold, Institutionalization allows a SOP to sort those things out and if the rules and regs are dated, there should be a mechanism to modify it, that is who it works in the ideal worlds, anyways.

Also, don’t confuse responsible government with demo-crazy, two different things. They might go hand-in-hand most of the time, but not all the time. Most of the folks want both.
            “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

The committee members that from the Chinese aerospace departments hype their aerospace plans on many medium, during the conference, and intent on propagating the "popular science knowledge" to other committee members.

I dont understand ,do they have to do like that for the money?

Comment

Premier Wen's gov't work report to the parliament's annual session thursday.
                GDP will grow by 8% in 2009.
                new 203 billion us dollars economic stimulus plan.
                137 billion us dollars deficit budget.

Which stock markets grow today for that?
                Last edited by Tomluter; 05 Mar 09,, 14:09.

Comment

Originally posted by xinhui View Post
                  Merlin,

Institutionalization means formal channels for people to voice their grievances and more importantly a place to check the progress of the compliant. Long term solution is not having PM Wen come over for dinner and call his buddies in the city hall to fill the pothole in your front yard afterword.

Not every grievances is a valid, not every internet post is solid gold, Institutionalization allows a SOP to sort those things out and if the rules and regs are dated, there should be a mechanism to modify it, that is who it works in the ideal worlds, anyways.

Also, don’t confuse responsible government with demo-crazy, two different things. They might go hand-in-hand most of the time, but not all the time. Most of the folks want both.
                  Xinhui, I'm afraid I don't know how to respond to your post, as well as an earlier one. It is because I don't quite follow the relevance to my points of what you were saying in response to my post.

Special terms have no meaning to me as I am just an observer, not really in this profession.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomluter View Post
                    Which stock markets grow today for that?
                    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7924966.stm

Chinese plans boost Asian shares

Investor looks at share prices in Shanghai
                    The Shanghai Composite Index rose by more than 6% on Wednesday

Asian shares jumped on Thursday after Chinese premier Wen Jiabao gave details of his stimulus package and predicted 8% growth for China this year.

The Shanghai Composite Index closed up 1.0% while in Japan the Nikkei index ended the day 2% higher.

Mr Wen said spending on infrastructure, social schemes and tax cuts would send the budget deficit to a 60-year high.

Markets around the world rose on Wednesday on hopes that Chinese growth could alleviate the global downturn.

Manufacturing hopes

The Nikkei 225 closed up 142.5 points at 7,433.5 on Thursday, the first time it had risen for two days in a row since January.

The Shanghai Composite ended the day up 23.0 points at 2,221.1, having closed up 6.1% on Wednesday.

Wednesday's gains came after the key measure of Chinese manufacturing rose in February for the third month in a row.

"What is good for China is good for the world," said Paul Mendelsohn, chief investment strategist at Windham Financial Services.

China is one of the world's biggest economies and the second biggest oil consumer.

However, share markets in Hong Kong and Mumbai bucked the trend.

Hong Kong's Hang Seng index closed down 119.9 points, or 1.0% at 12,211.2 while Mumbai's Sensex closed down 248.6 points, or 2.9%, at 8,197.9, its lowest close since November 2005.
                    夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

Working...
                    X