This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about him?

Is this your idea of a useful contribution?

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
      What about him?
      He is a famous writer, creator of Discword.
      On this Discword proudly stands Ank-Morpork – most dirty and villain town in all Universe.
      And people Ank-Morpork have a very good saying for all ‘fellows-with-curiosity’ – “Curiosity killed a cat. Than skinned it and throw what remains into Ank.”

Originally posted by M21Sniper
      Is this your idea of a useful contribution?
      /Зевает/

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
        Dalem,

Even the Chinese Armed forces is said to be an archeological wonder they say. I somehow cannot get myself to agree.

I had seen in a WWII scrapbook cartoons (just before Pearl Harbour) of Japanese as nearsighted, bowlegged, bucktooth yahoos. Yet, these chaps from a small island that has no strategic resources worth the name, made the world jump. How come?
        The Japanese built a first class navy and air force but their army and overall doctrine were quite primitive. They were able to make thw world "jump", as you say, because they got ready to attack and attacked first. Much like the Germans. If I sneak up on a guy and whack him in the head with a sockful of pennies, it doesn't make me tough - it makes him unconscious. But woe betide me if he wakes up and is bigger than me, yes?

The bottomline is - don't underestimate any adversary or potential adversary no matter how much you dislike him. Drop your guard and you are surprised!
        I agree completely. If I were a military professional I would be much more cautious, and I expect my military professionals to be much more cautious. The fun part is - I don't have to be because I am an informed layman - my opinions, as long as I state them clearly as such, have effectively zero impact on anything important.

Given the newsreport, I would have been very chary of using Russian equipment. Honestly speaking whatever I have used, from the efficieincy point of view, I must say they were first class. Looks? As good as the headscarf wearing rather robust women of Russia as one sees in the photos. Comfort in use? Very simple to operate. Maintainence? Hey I forgot that they should also be maintained. OK, I will now go and give it a love and care treatment.
        Again, I mainly agree that the simple stuff works, and robustness and reliability are important factors. But ships and subs are not simple. :)

The bottomline is - don't underestimate any adversary or potential adversary no matter how much you dislike him. Drop your guard and you are surprised!
        Agreed.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by Europeanarmy
          An interesting article on Russian navy's future:
          Survey of Russian Naval Forces
          now how do you find links like that. most of my theories are based on bits and pieces i picked up in News paper articals and on TV

Comment

Originally posted by EPA
            now how do you find links like that.
            Google is a good starting place. ;)
            No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
            I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
            even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
            He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

"It's pretty common knowledge that the Russian navy is in very, very bad shape currently."

No kidding :) last time I checked the russian navy has like 40 Tu-22 backfires and maybe just maybe half of those are airworthy. As for their ground force most of the equipment used is far from the 70's and troop training methods are straight from hell.
              I wouldn't be surprised if russian army still has politruks to push their troops forward at all costs yelling "not one step backwards, traitors will be shot"

Comment

Originally posted by Fury
                I wouldn't be surprised if russian army still has politruks
                We have them. Specially trained to fight against main Finland weapon - war polar bear Yallo Pukinnen .

Comment

"war polar bear Yallo Pukinnen ."

;) I'd like too see those polar bears too, and who/what is Yallo Pukinnen

Comment

I'd like too see those polar bears too,
                    You can not! This is Top Secret. Special polar bears trained to stop enemy aircrafts.

and who/what is Yallo Pukinnen
                    Bears's nickname. His real name is Micko Hackinen.
                    Or something like that...
                    Last edited by Prosto ILya; 20 Mar 05,, 16:41.

Comment

"You can not! This is Top Secret. Special polar bears trained to stop enemy aircrafts."

Really! whatever drugs you have taken this morning, I want some too

Comment

Really! whatever drugs you have taken this morning, I want some too
                        Try some fresh air and 12 km sprinter running!
                        Best drug ever.
                        Last edited by Prosto ILya; 20 Mar 05,, 21:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Prosto ILya
                          Try some fresh air and 12 km sprinter running!
                          Best drug ever.
                          Indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Prosto ILya
                            He is a famous writer, creator of Discword.
                            On this Discword proudly stands Ank-Morpork – most dirty and villain town in all Universe.
                            And people Ank-Morpork have a very good saying for all ‘fellows-with-curiosity’ – “Curiosity killed a cat. Than skinned it and throw what remains into Ank.”

/Зевает/
                            how do you get a cyrillic font that says Zyvayt or Zevaet

Comment

Russian keyboard.
                              And ,i guess, it's more like "Zevayet"

Comment

"It's pretty common knowledge that the Russian navy is in very, very bad shape currently."

No kidding :) last time I checked the russian navy has like 40 Tu-22 backfires and maybe just maybe half of those are airworthy. As for their ground force most of the equipment used is far from the 70's and troop training methods are straight from hell.
                                I wouldn't be surprised if russian army still has politruks to push their troops forward at all costs yelling "not one step backwards, traitors will be shot"
                                The Russian navy could'nt withstand 10 confused old men with gun boats. While there are no complaints about Euro pean navies. How do you get information on navies i always get outdated or other garbadge.

Comment

Working...
                                X