• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming Trailer

Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybIyzTO4zhU&eurl

Comment?

It sucks so bad, I think it will be good.
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Wasn't that an abortive attempt to make a new series a few years back?

I like the new series they eventually came out with, I watch it on scifi.com.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Won't happen. John Colicos died years ago.

Comment

Agree with Ironduke.

I heard a rumor that Richard Hatch wanted to revive BSG and made this promo a few years before the new BSG came out.

The rumors go that Richard Hatch was going to make a big stink about the new series so they (the producers of the new series) eventually "bribed" Hatch by offering him a decent role in the new series so he'll stay quiet.

Sorry, Ironduke..the new series had great potential but it sucks!

Now I just watch it because I want to finish everything I start and it only has three more episodes to go...

Comment

is that the theme from crimson tide? Pretty sure that it sounds like something from Hans Zimmer.

Comment

scifi.com
            Yup, watching TV is soooo last century; I have this cool DVD player that can handle all type of formats, DIVX, AVI, I just download and burn, wooha. I forget when was the last time I actually try to "catch" a show.
            “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Universal in talks for 'Battlestar' movie
              Glen A. Larson would write, produce the film

By Borys Kit

Feb 20, 2009, 06:28 PM ET
              hr/photos/stylus/71986-battlestar_galactica_original_341.jpg

"Battlestar Galactica"
              Just as the acclaimed Sci Fi Channel series "Battlestar Galactica" enters its final episodes, Universal has quietly entered into negotiations with Glen A. Larson to write and produce a big-screen version of the property he created.

"Battlestar," which originally aired on ABC in 1978, was produced in the wake of the success of "Star Wars," which caused a sci-fi revival in popular culture. The premise involved a human civilization living on a series of 12 planets that are decimated from an attack by intelligent robots known as Cylons. The survivors are led by a starship called Galactica in their attempt to find a mythic 13th planet named Earth.

The Sci Fi series, under the direction of executive producer Ronald Moore, took the premise and ran with it, incorporating the politics of war, religion, torture and destiny, becoming the channel's signature series.

The movie effort would have no connection to the series and would relaunch the story in a new medium. However, staples such as the characters Adama, Starbuck, and Baltar will remain.

Larson was one of the biggest names in 1970s and '80s TV and creator of shows like "Switch" and "Magnum P.I."

Universal had no comment.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...f55a20baf1089a

Comment

the new series had great potential but it sucks!
                still better than 99% of the crap out there.

Comment

The new series was good until this cylon 5 twist came into being,wish they would have stayed with humans looking for Earth oh well another series that started out great goes in the crapper.

Comment

Originally posted by BudW View Post
                    The new series was good until this cylon 5 twist came into being,wish they would have stayed with humans looking for Earth oh well another series that started out great goes in the crapper.
                    I agree. I tried to watch a couple of episodes, but couldn't catch on to what they were doing. The CGI Cylons with the skinny waists were okay but I liked the originals better (though they did have some in one episode I saw).

Lorne Green (Bonanza) played Adama and Lloyd Bridges played the Captain of another starship, the Pegasus. One of his Viper pilots was played by Anne Lockhart (daughter of June Lockhart from Lassie and Lost in Space) who transferred over to the Galactica when Bridges makes a Kamikazi attack on two Cylon Base ships.

The last season was a bit of a downer though. They find Earth and they send a bunch of youngsters down with only two adults. Looked like they were going to make it a kiddy show like Lost in Space.

But the best episode was their Halloween special
                    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

agree, the second half of the fourth season has been a disappointment so far.

Comment

Originally posted by xinhui View Post
                        Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybIyzTO4zhU&eurl

Comment?

It sucks so bad, I think it will be good.
                        I would have liked that I think. I like the new one as well. Of course anything Star Was, Star Trek, or BSG I like. There just isn't much Sci-Fi I don't like.:)

Comment

I doubt it will happen. The old BSG was themed on romance and victory. The new one is themed on filth and surrender. Filth and surrender are big pulls these days.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
                            I doubt it will happen. The old BSG was themed on romance and victory. The new one is themed on filth and surrender. Filth and surrender are big pulls these days.

-dale
                            tragically true. I still buy the good clean hero themes though. Too bad its not the norm:(

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                              Sorry, Ironduke..the new series had great potential but it sucks!

Now I just watch it because I want to finish everything I start and it only has three more episodes to go...
                              I think the new series has had its ups and downs. I think it started off strong for a couple seasons, but the time when they were on New Caprica under Cylon occupation smacked of moral relativism, which I didn't care for. There have been several deus ex machinas I didn't care for either. So far I think the last season has been strongly anti-climactic, though there have been bright spots in between.
                              "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Working...
                              X