This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europe vs United States

If the EU did unite into The United States of Europe and a War broke out between The USA and USE who would win. This most likely would not happen beacuse Europe only looks for peace now. Vote away then voice your opinion.

1. America

2. Europe
    America
    68.18%
    Europe
    31.82%

Originally posted by EPA
    This most likely would not happen beacuse Europe only looks for peace now.
    But aren't European nations fighting in Africa now? Anyway, they would pay us whatever we wanted not to do it, America wins. Never happen though, unless a brutal dictator took over one or the other. If it were the US under a tyrant I wouldn't hold my breath for any kind of liberation assistance from Europe.
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

This is a pointless thread. People on this board have argued this to death. I will repeat my opinions again, I beleive that the USA would win because of
      our stronger sence of national unity and a more sofisticated and powerful military.
      "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character. Our citizenship in any particular state is only our local distinction. By the latter we are known at home, by the former to the world. Our great title is AMERICANS…" -- Thomas Paine

Comment

Clearly American would win because we are brutes and Europeans only want peace. So we would just keep kicking the peaceful Euros in the jimmysack until they paid us to stop.

-dale

Comment

War between EU and United States!!

IF the EU were to unite and build up a military, Then a war breaks out between the EU and America who would win? Vote away

Comment

Yeah, but what if the EU, fought back instead?

I personally think EU would win (but then again im probably wrong), they have Germany as a great manufacturing country, England as a great harbor, they have more resources than US, since they have a bigger territory, and i think (im not sure) that there is more European troops than US troops. Its all good, except France.
            Remember, the enemy gate is down- Andrew ¨Ender¨ Wiggin

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Locke
              Yeah, but what if the EU, fought back instead?

I personally think EU would win (but then again im probably wrong), they have Germany as a great manufacturing country, England as a great harbor, they have more resources than US, since they have a bigger territory, and i think (im not sure) that there is more European troops than US troops. Its all good, except France.

What if the EU had big space guns that could blast everyone to hell?

They don't. There's no point is arguing about something that has no relavence to reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
                What if the EU had big space guns that could blast everyone to hell?

They don't. There's no point is arguing about something that has no relavence to reality.

I was saying that EPA meant that what if war actually did break out (without the Europenas backing out). But nobody got his message and they all started posting that the Europeans wouldn't go to war.

Comment

who would win in a war between EU and US?

I'd say, China, Russia, Australia and the rest of the globe.

A full war between a united EU and US would destroy both countrys and no winners.

At the moment US has a technological advantage, but that is only because of funding and vast militery budget, if the EU plowed that into developing weapons, that gap would disappear.

As it stands, both sides have enough weapons and troops to destroy each other

Comment

Not that territory size is actually an indicator of who would win, but you are incorrect about size. The US is FAR bigger than the EU. The EU's total area is 3,976,372 sq km. The US is 9,631,418 sq km. As for troop size, I am not sure who has more over all manpower, but the European powers do not have anything even close to US capabilities in actually moving troops around the world. They would not be able to land anything close to a sufficient number of troops in America to change the outcome of a war. Germany cannot manufacture more than the US, and the USN is more powerful than the Royal Navy.

Comment

can you please tell me whta countries and nations do myou consider to be in the EU?

Comment

Originally posted by EPA
                        IF the EU were to unite and build up a military, Then a war breaks out between the EU and America who would win? Vote away
                        The USA will be the winner. The European Union does not have sufficient means yet.

From a naval point of view, the USA have 12 aircraft carrier while the European countries have only 6 of them and only the French one could be considered powerful enough to be qualified as a real aircraft carrier. The 3 British, 1 Italian and 1 Spanish carriers are too small (VSTOL aircrafts only). As the EU could not invade the USA, the war is already won by the USA. But they would have some difficulties to invade Europe as the European armies and air forces are strong enough to resist an invasion.
                        Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

um...the ones that ARE in the EU. These are: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and the UK.

Even if you were to include the candidate countries; Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania, and Turkey, the US would still be much bigger.
                          Last edited by ZFBoxcar; 13 Mar 05,, 18:58.

Comment

Well, then i guess i was wrong, veen thought war would never happen.

Comment

I merged this thread with EPA's other thread of exactly the same topic. Please don't double post a thread EPA.

Comment

Working...
                              X