Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tankie View Post
    England plays a friendly tonight against Spain , and the manager in his wisdom has put BECKHAM in the team , well i hope his decision is justified .
    The same manager whose decisions have made England unbeaten in the 2010 World Cup Qualifiers so far and given England their best string of results since 1971.

So I wouldn't question Capello's wisdon.

Capello has said he only chooses people on merit, and not just for reasons such as giving them their 108th cap to equal the record held by an outfield England player held by 1966 World Cup-winning captain Bobby Moore.

He refused to play Beckham when England beat Germany 2-1 in Munich in November because I think he wasn't playing many games for Los Angeles Galaxy then. But, now that he's playing regularly for AC Milan, Capello thinks he's getting enough games in to be able to play tonight.

If Capello thinks Beckham is fit enough and is playing regularly for his club then he should be allowed to play for his country.

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel View Post
      M. Upson, W. Bridge ,P. Crouch ,P. Jagielka ,C. Cole, J. Milner, R. Green, J. Hart, A. Young
      Not a very impressing bench for England either :)

Maybe you should do some research on these players before saying the bench is not impressive.

Phil Jagielka has been in impressive form for his club Everton in recent months and is quickly proving himself to be one of the best defenders in England.

Carlton Cole has scored 8 goals on 22 appearances for West Ham so far this season, not a bad record. If he plays tonight he will be making his England debut.

Matthew Upson was probably the best player on the field when England beat Germany 2-1 in Munich in November and has also been in outstanding form for his club West Ham.

These are all young players just starting to make their way into the England team and it is good that we are having these young English players coming through. England, and every other team, can't keep on fielding older players for too long. We need new players coming through.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackleaf View Post
        Maybe you should do some research on these players before saying the bench is not impressive.

Phil Jagielka has been in impressive form for his club Everton in recent months and is quickly proving himself to be one of the best defenders in England.

Carlton Cole has scored 8 goals on 22 appearances for West Ham so far this season, not a bad record. If he plays tonight he will be making his England debut.

Matthew Upson was probably the best player on the field when England beat Germany 2-1 in Munich in November and has also been in outstanding form for his club West Ham.

These are all young players just starting to make their way into the England team and it is good that we are having these young English players coming through. England, and every other team, can't keep on fielding older players for too long. We need new players coming through.
        hence my reply

Comment

Originally posted by Blackleaf View Post
          The same manager whose decisions have made England unbeaten in the 2010 World Cup Qualifiers so far and given England their best string of results since 1971.

So I wouldn't question Capello's wisdon.

Capello has said he only chooses people on merit, and not just for reasons such as giving them their 108th cap to equal the record held by an outfield England player held by 1966 World Cup-winning captain Bobby Moore.

He refused to play Beckham when England beat Germany 2-1 in Munich in November because I think he wasn't playing many games for Los Angeles Galaxy then. But, now that he's playing regularly for AC Milan, Capello thinks he's getting enough games in to be able to play tonight.

If Capello thinks Beckham is fit enough and is playing regularly for his club then he should be allowed to play for his country.
          Couldnt agree more ref capello,s record , but im not and never have been a Beckham fan , but i will doubt his wisdom for placing beckham back in the squad ,IMO he,s past it , Hopefully B/F i will be proved wrong ;)Which is why i said i hope he justifies his managers thoughts about him in my 1st post

Oh by the way havent England had the easiest group of quals to play in ?.
          Last edited by tankie; 11 Feb 09,, 18:23.

Comment

[QUOTE=Blackleaf;61185 England, and every other team, can't keep on fielding older players for too long. We need new players coming through.[/QUOTE]

Which is why i said why play Beckham .Its a friendly , try out new faces , give em a go .
            Last edited by tankie; 11 Feb 09,, 18:33.

Comment

Romania - Croatia 1-2
              Eduardo played for 30 min providing the pass for Kranjcar goal.
              The Croatian subs proved to be better than ours.

Good luck England against Spain.

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel View Post
                Romania - Croatia 1-2
                Eduardo played for 30 min providing the pass for Kranjcar goal.
                The Croatian subs proved to be better than ours.

Good luck England against Spain.
                Ah well , Beckham = Booby Moores record of 108 caps , the news today is all about prima donna Beckham getting his 108 , came on as a sub contributed nothing except one pass , alongside the rest of the most highly paid players in the world , some of them earn about 140.000 pounds a week ? But a good achievement for him anyway , well done .

Oh yes England got beat 2 0 , Bang goes Capello,s record then . Still it was only a FRIENDLY

Comment

Still it was only a FRIENDLY
                  No such a thing! I never played anything friendly in my time. As for Beckham's 108.. ..You should only be capped if you play the FULL game.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                    No such a thing! I never played anything friendly in my time. As for Beckham's 108.. ..You should only be capped if you play the FULL game.
                    Yea i saw you bust that officers shin with your hockey bat

Comment

Ah well , Beckham = Booby Moores record of 108 caps , the news today is all about prima donna Beckham getting his 108 , came on as a sub contributed nothing except one pass , alongside the rest of the most highly paid players in the world , some of them earn about 140.000 pounds a week ? But a good achievement for him anyway , well done .

Oh yes England got beat 2 0 , Bang goes Capello,s record then . Still it was only a FRIENDLY
                      I do think Beckham was the best English player on the pitch in the 2nd half. Anyway it's not the strongest England squad, with Rooney and Gerard out injured, and the centre defenders didn't do a good job either. Where's Ferdinand? Injured as well?

But England needs a decent Goalkeeper imho, they haven't got one in years. The only cheers for James were from the Spanish in the pub, 'Go James! For España!'. James and Green were no match with Casillas and Reina.

Btw, it's nice to see English fans applauding for Villa when he got substituted by Silva and for Marchena when he ruled out the shot from C. Cole.
                      夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

****ing media in this country is *******s, it seems like they all care about Beckham equalling Moore's record, even though it's no way near because when you look at it on a minutes-per-cap basis, Moore is easily ahead, most of Beckhams "caps" weren't even full ones. Also, am I the only one that thinks he is massively overrated or what? Just because he is playing average instead of sub par, people are talking about how he is "back" etc.. no, this guy is not ****ing Zidane, or even Gerrard (when he plays for Liverpool)

Anyway, despite the 2-0 defeat, which is obvious considering how in form Spain are and how we're still a good way from being an excellent team (give it time) - Still some positives from the game, that and the defence wasn't exactly our first team defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Steezy View Post
                          am I the only one that thinks he is massively overrated or what? Just because he is playing average instead of sub par, people are talking about how he is "back" etc.. no, this guy is not ****ing Zidane, or even Gerrard (when he plays for Liverpool)
                          He is the most overrated player and has been for years, and there are plenty of 'experts' who will say so. He never lets anyone tackle him..the ball is passes as soon as anyone is within 5 yds. Have you ever seen him dribble passed 3-4 players and score..Any headed goals of late? Did he get yellow carded again..oops yes he did;) He came off and gave an interview and it looked like he'd ran the marathon..45 minutes and he's knackered(and capped) We need a Manager with balls enough to say enough is enough for quite a few of these Prima Donnas.

Comment

Maybe Walcott will do some wonders when he recovers from injury?
                            夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

Originally posted by Steezy View Post
                              ****ing media in this country is *******s, it seems like they all care about Beckham equalling Moore's record, even though it's no way near because when you look at it on a minutes-per-cap basis, Moore is easily ahead, most of Beckhams "caps" weren't even full ones. Also, am I the only one that thinks he is massively overrated or what? Just because he is playing average instead of sub par, people are talking about how he is "back" etc.. no, this guy is not ****ing Zidane, or even Gerrard (when he plays for Liverpool)

Anyway, despite the 2-0 defeat, which is obvious considering how in form Spain are and how we're still a good way from being an excellent team (give it time) - Still some positives from the game, that and the defence wasn't exactly our first team defence.
                              Why do you beat about the bush mate ,just say what you mean ,;)no your not the only one who thinks he,s overated ,and why play Calamity Jane in goal again , he may be doing ok for his club , but not when he plays for England .

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                                He is the most overrated player and has been for years, and there are plenty of 'experts' who will say so. He never lets anyone tackle him..the ball is passes as soon as anyone is within 5 yds. Have you ever seen him dribble passed 3-4 players and score..Any headed goals of late? Did he get yellow carded again..oops yes he did;) He came off and gave an interview and it looked like he'd ran the marathon..45 minutes and he's knackered(and capped) We need a Manager with balls enough to say enough is enough for quite a few of these Prima Donnas.
                                Wont happen Dave , the F/A chooses the team , not the manger thats why we have had so many changes of manager IMO, what changes have been made to the team ( serious ones ) since Erikson , f### all , and its the reason the likes of beckham are always picked , old MANURE player , another overated club who think they are better than everyone else , whinge at the drop of a hat and always demand extra time when losing, i wish the F/A would play like the yank system ,, STOP THE CLOCK and play a full 90 minutes , throw ins , when the primas are rollingabour severely disabled and then 2 minuteslater running round like a cheetah etc etc, when the ball is out of play ,sure added time is given ,but stop the clock and do away with the added time making sure a full 90 is played , and also use TV to make decisions , instant replay , then when the Lampard sending offhappened , with replay it would not have , and maybe Chelsea would not have lost points .
                                Last edited by tankie; 12 Feb 09,, 21:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X