Sit back an enjoy the Iraqi army...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sit back an enjoy the Iraqi army...

Rather well armed and well dressed units....

The elite CT units use the M-4 Carbine and M-24 Sniper Rifle while the rank and file use the AK family and other Eastern Bloc weapons... but some wild things like FN-FALs do turn up. They also use Armorec systems that they had in use before the war like the T-55 and MTLB...
    Attached Files
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Iraqi infantry in action....
    Attached Files
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

They also have T-72s, BTR-94s (from Jordan), Panhards, M-113A1s (from Jordan).

Some of the more "elite" units...
      Attached Files

Comment

They carry themselves just like American troops.

Look at the way they're handling their weapons. Like pros(except for the one idiot with the folding stock AK that has his finger on the trigger).

Good stuff Troung, thanx.

Comment

Mech and regular infantry units...
          Attached Files

Comment

Great pics, thanks!
            No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
            I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
            even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
            He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

"Good stuff Troung, thanx."

No problem. I figured people would want to see the pictures of the Iraqi army.
              Attached Files

Comment

"Great pics, thanks!"

No prob :)
                Attached Files

Comment

A friend of mine (he's a Marine, but he can almost write an e-mail all by himself!) sent me a story of an Iraqi cop that he patrols with Over There:

This guy actually found himself shooting across the schoolyard that he used to go to, FROM HIS OWN BEDROOM WINDOW in the house he grew up in!

His mother had moved out of town with some of their other realtives, but they were chasing a gang of carjackers through his old neighborhood, and he ended up in his old boyhood home.

My Marine pal said this guy is the most devout Muslim on the police force...and they're really good friends.

Comment

Man those Iraqi's look most impressive now, mean and nasty but in a cool way.
                    Quite a contrast to the former army.....
                    Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

oh my gosh! how modernised =)) its damn cool to see and a lil funny =)) still hairy dark but modernised. most of them look like enjoy uniforms and clothes of us forces fashion =)) and in tanks and everywhere showing up fingers hands blablaah =)) eheheheh but its good for them

Comment

The former army looked smarter and more businesslike.

Yet, I don't think much of the Arab soldiers and their officers, be they of the older times or even now. Analyse their stature. Some of them are more interested in being photographed than be alert to their duties.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray

Yet, I don't think much of the Arab soldiers and their officers, be they of the older times or even now. Analyse their stature. Some of them are more interested in being photographed than be alert to their duties.
                          But couldn't the same be said of any soldiers in any time? Most people mug when there's a camera around, even soldiers on duty.

-dale

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...urity_forces_4

Iraqi Forces Dying at Twice Rate of U.S.
                            Fri Mar 11,12:22 AM ET Politics - U. S. Congress

WASHINGTON - Iraqi security forces are dying at twice the rate of U.S. soldiers in the country, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff told a congressional panel Thursday.

Gen. Richard Myers told the House Armed Services Committee that has held true since last July 1.

"They've lost a lot of lives," agreed Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, who appeared with Myers.

Though Myers didn't provide a figure, his statement would mean at least 1,000 Iraqi soldiers and police have been killed in the ongoing war with the insurgency since last July 1. During the same period, about 518 U.S. soldiers have been killed in combat, while about 140 more have died in accidents or otherwise outside of combat. Overall, more than 1,500 U.S. forces have died since the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in March 2003.

Pentagon officials haven't previously provided a precise gauge of losses suffered by Iraqi security forces, who are frequently targeted by the insurgency.

Rumsfeld said 142,000 Iraqi personnel have now received some training and equipment. That includes 80,000 police and security personnel and 60,000 soldiers, officials said. A smaller number are considered capable of performing counterinsurgency operations.

Iraqi security forces capable of operating without the support of American forces are seen as the key to bringing U.S. soldiers home, but U.S. officials say that may be months or years away.

Comment

"Yet, I don't think much of the Arab soldiers and their officers, be they of the older times or even now."

The Egyptians gave the Israeli's all they could handle in 1973 Sir.

Not all the arabs are assclowns.

"Iraqi Forces Dying at Twice Rate of U.S."

Troung, i'd say that's how it should be. It is their country, and the enemy they're facing now really is their enemy even more than ours.

Comment

Working...
                              X