Stealth Jihad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R_not View Post
    What no one is addressing is the jihad that is going on not only in Europe, but in most Western countries including the USA. In islam there are two realms - the realm of islam (muslim countries under sharia law) and the realm of war (our infidel countries) and their stated goal is to spread sharia law worldwide - however long it takes. They don't necessarily want to convert us, or kill us but they do want us to accept subjugation (these are the only types of peace muslims recognize - death, conversion or subjugation).
    I don't know if you are presenting your own conclusions, or just repeating those of others, but its clear that whoever came up with this stuff has only a dim, half-baked grasp of the subject matter.

Writing all sorts of fabricated garbage about your enemy after you have won the conflict is bad history, but a time-honored tradition. However, it strikes me that lying to yourself about the nature of an opponent, during the course of the conflict, is a good way to ensure that you won't have the opportunity to fabricate any winners' tales.

Comment

Originally posted by GraniteForge View Post
      I don't know if you are presenting your own conclusions, or just repeating those of others, but its clear that whoever came up with this stuff has only a dim, half-baked grasp of the subject matter.

Writing all sorts of fabricated garbage about your enemy after you have won the conflict is bad history, but a time-honored tradition. However, it strikes me that lying to yourself about the nature of an opponent, during the course of the conflict, is a good way to ensure that you won't have the opportunity to fabricate any winners' tales.
      Your talking to a ghost. He ran off the playground after the other kids ignored him.
      "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Originally posted by Shek View Post
        Your talking to a ghost. He ran off the playground after the other kids ignored him.
        And took his ball with him....thankfully;).
        "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
          And took his ball with him....thankfully;).
          Yeah, I saw that he got all offended and ran away.

But since his words remain, so does the danger of ignorant readers stumbling across his posts and believing what he wrote. I didn't want his garbage to sit there without being challenged.

I really do think that self-deception about an opponent is a road to failure, and I see far too many Americans spouting such complete fabrications.

Comment

Originally posted by GraniteForge View Post
            But since his words remain, so does the danger of ignorant readers stumbling across his posts and believing what he wrote. I didn't want his garbage to sit there without being challenged.
            I'm with you on this. The sad thing is that this is how he introduced himself. I'm not sure how people can become so narrowly focused that they deceive themselves and then work into a lather when someone confronts them on it.

Originally posted by R_not
            My specialty is in islam and know a lot of history, and am still learning. (I am not a fan of it - just started obsessively reading about it after 9/11 to find out why they hate us and I found out! It seems it is all in their koran and hadiths, and their 1400 years and still counting of history just bears it out)
            "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Gentlemen,

He chickened out. The membership can see chickencrap when they see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                Gentlemen,

He chickened out. The membership can see chickencrap when they see it.
                This got me worried as well:

I was in the USMC for 7+ years in the late 1970s-1980s - I got out a Ssgt (yeah, I have always been proud of my service).
                I would not have had he behind me on patrol

Comment

Here's a look at how not to lump all "Islamic" insurgencies together and why it's important to do so to counter any "global insurgency."

http://smallwarsjournal.com/documents/kilcullen.pdf

Comment

shek,

Here's a look at how not to lump all "Islamic" insurgencies together and why it's important to do so to counter any "global insurgency."

i feel sorry for the poor dude who's gotta put together a 2 page BBP on that one for an inquisitive general...:))
                    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Shek,

On a sidenote do you think the war against al qaeda is coming to an end?

I may be dead wrong but it seems to me that Iraq and the ME in general is on its way to get rid of al qaeda (ideologically and on the ground), and the insurgency in Afghanistan may become more and more like the ones we were used to fight, say, in Algeria or Vietnam (ie nationalism with a religious/ideological touch) ?

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                        shek,

i feel sorry for the poor dude who's gotta put together a 2 page BBP on that one for an inquisitive general...:))
                        Here's the Cliff's Notes version, http://www.newyorker.com/archive/200...061218fa_fact2. Only 8 pages with just a few paragraphs on the strategy of disaggregation.

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar View Post
                          Shek,

On a sidenote do you think the war against al qaeda is coming to an end?

I may be dead wrong but it seems to me that Iraq and the ME in general is on its way to get rid of al qaeda (ideologically and on the ground), and the insurgency in Afghanistan may become more and more like the ones we were used to fight, say, in Algeria or Vietnam (ie nationalism with a religious/ideological touch) ?
                          I don't know if it's coming to an end, but they definitely no longer hold the initiative. However, the tougher nuts to crack will be the slightly less virulent forms of radical Islam that fuse social services with their ministry, making them more hardwired into the societies. While they don't pose as big of a threat to the US (or Europe), they do indirectly since they affect ME stability.

Comment

I haven't read this, but it's right on target for this thread.

http://www.amazon.com/Who-Speaks-Isl...-wl_item-added

Comment

How would you discuss Iran and Saudi ...

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                              Religious discussion is frowned down upon here.

in what GeoPlotical context would you discuss Iran ... Saudi ... without acknowledging

The Law is Shari'a .... the political system is based on a Religion Islam ...

You seem to miss the point that Islam is the Form of Politics in the ME ....

Mullahs and Ayatollahs run things ...

this defines the power structure pretty well:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...ml/default.stm

The politics and government of Iran takes place in the framework of a republic with an Islamic ideology. The December 1979 constitution, and its 1989 amendment, define the political, economic, and social order of the Islamic Republic of Iran. It declares that Shi'a Islam of the Jaafari (Usuli) school of thought is Iran's official religion.
                              Guardian Counsel approves candidates ... in the interest of the STATE ... so you only get to vote for pre approved candidates ... It consists of six theologians appointed by the Supreme Leader and six jurists nominated by the judiciary and approved by parliament.

Hmm circular self protection of the Interests of the Islamic State ... or Totalitarianism

What about Saudi ? sure there is a King;

There are no recognized political parties or national elections, except the local elections which were held in the year 2005. The king's powers are theoretically limited within the bounds of Shari'a and other Saudi traditions. He also must retain a consensus of the Saudi royal family, religious leaders (ulema), and other important elements in Saudi society.
                              Saudi Arabia does not permit religious freedom and bans all visible forms of non-Muslim worship. Non-Muslims, as well as Muslims who do not adhere to the Sunni Islam, are advised by Mutawwa'in (the religious police) for acts considered offensive to state ideology. Citizenship is restricted to Muslims, but non-Muslims are allowed in many jobs across the country. However, Jewish people or persons with evidence of travel to Israel in their passport are not permitted to enter the kingdom.
                              Sounds like a state run by Islam based on Shari'a LAW to me ... and not very friendly either .... Jamie Fox propaganda movies aside ....

was not Parisian suburbs burning over JOB for Muslims ...

were not Muslims Rioting in the Streets over "Editorial Cartoons" that dissed Mo ...

Could you Inagine Catholics Rioting because the NYT drew a funny picture of the Pope ... I think not ..

I know Wiki is not the best to quote, but it was What I could find the fastest ....
                              Μολὼν λαβέ
                              Hakkaa Päälle

Comment

RP,

Discussing decisions/policy in the context of how religion influences these decisions/policy is perfectly acceptable. It's when religion becomes an end unto itself is where discussion quality plummets and we intervene to preserve the quality of the conversation. Thus, when someone comes stomping in with the thesis that Muslims are some monolithic block, they will face serious pushback.

However, as an example, if it's discussing how Ahmadinejad is more a figure head that the head of state because there's mullahs behind the scenes pulling the strings, that's a valid use of the religious context of Iran's government.

I hope that helps clear up any confusion.

Comment

Working...
                                X