Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know, but there were other things involved in the competition, including shooting competitions, endurance etc.

has anyone else heard of this, read the article twice before
    for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

SE Asia has very battle tested units that have seen much combat in different roles.

Kopassus in Indonesia was on the of the first military SF units to free an airplane that was taken by terrorists in another nation. Too bad they happened to conduct the raid the same day Reagan got shot so no one noticed. They killed 4 of the 5 terrorists only losing 1 man and no hostages. Funny thing is they loaded the C-130 with one extra coffin and the terrorist died on the way back from Thailand . They also played a big part in the war with the Dutch over Irian Jaya, the war with Britain, invasion of East Timor, and the internal civil war within the nation.

Kopassus has a rather nasty rep in Asia as a whole for human rights voilations, but they are good at special operations. The unit started out a ranger type unit, then became and airborne ranger type outfit, then a combined airborne ranger and green beretish unit (in different groups), then added in CT skills, then cut back on manpower and became an SAS type unit and now is back to a mixed unit. They used to train with GSG-9, SAS, Aussie-SAS, Green Berets and the Mossad (for intel work). They can no longer train with the USA due to military to military sanctions (Bush wants Congress to end the sanctions). They use varied weapons like the SS-V, M-16A1 (with M-203), FN-MAG, FN-Minimi, MP-5, P-1/P-2 (locally made HP-35) and other goodies.

Indonesia recently formed Raider units which are similar in concept to the Army Rangers in the USA as shock and highly mobile light infantry. They use normal infanty weapons like the SS-V, FN-MAG and FN-Minimi.

The Philippine elite units have seen action againist communists and muslim guerillas for years. The LRC is a new unit formed by the USA to free hostages while the Scout Rangers actively hunt guerillas and terrorists. The LRC uses the M-4 and FN-Minimi.

Thai units saw action in Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Burma and their own civil war. Thailand has 2 divisions of special forces which are generally thought the best trained in SE Asia. Thai units carry made different types of weapons like the M-16 family, HK-33, P-90, MP-5, M-60, G-3 and others. They often train with the USA as well.

Well here are some from Asia...

Indonesian Kopassus paracommandos
      Indonesian Raiders
      Philippine Light Reaction Company
      Philippine Scout Rangers
      Thai Special Forces
      Attached Files
      Last edited by troung; 25 Apr 05,, 05:58.
      To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Paskhas used to be like airborne rangers and paracommandos but are not used for C-SAR, G-FAC and CT work as well as a wartime role to attack enemy airbases and the rescue their own bases. They are members of the Indonesian air force. They carry SS-V rifles, FN-Minimi and FN-MAG machine guns and have modern helmets and vests.

Brimob are the mobile police and used to actually be a part of the military (until late 1990s). The unit actually had an Airborne Ranger Regiment in the late 1950s and they were issued with AR-15s in the ealry 1960s. They were probably the first in the world to use the AR-15 in action. The Airborne Regiment was disbanded during the 1980s to streamline the military. Field units use the AK-101, SS-V, M-16A1 and F-88 (AUG) while the new Det-81 uses the M-4A1.

Paskal are Malaysian naval commandos. Becuase they also guard oil platforms they get paid by the private sector and have good gear.

The Scout Ranger Regiment are the Philippines best COIN soldiers. Well trained and equipped they have been in action every year since they were formed (other then the few years they got disbanned for because of a couple coups ). During the 1980s they became famous and then infamous for taking part in several coups on the government. They use M-16A1/M-16A2s, Ultimax-100s, FN-Minimis, M-14s, M-60/M-60E3s and Galil Sniper Rifles. A wide mix of weapons to do their work.

Indonesian Air Force Paskhas Commandos
        Indonesian Brimob (Mobile Police) Detachment 81 member
        Malaysian Paskal Commando
        Thai Special Forces member
        Philippine Scout Ranger
        Attached Files
        To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

nice photos, good information

thanks a lot
          for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

*drolls over guns*
            ok, now I really want to shoot guns...

Comment

ylol, what types of guns are you a fan of, shotguns, bullpup assault rifles, conventional assault rifles, bolt-action rifles, snipers, pitols, revolvers?

troung, in the first series of pictures, second from the bottom, isn't that an STG-77?

that's a sick gun
              for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

troung, in the first series of pictures, second from the bottom, isn't that an STG-77?
                It's an Australian made F-88 which is a license made copy of the AUG in service with the Philippine Scout Rangers. So yes ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Dima
                  ylol, what types of guns are you a fan of, shotguns, bullpup assault rifles, conventional assault rifles, bolt-action rifles, snipers, pitols, revolvers?

that's a sick gun
                  Everything that goes boom.

I really like bolt-action rifles, and shotguns that make really sweet sounds when you work the action. I've actually never shot a pistol before (but I really want to), but I'm sure that'll be my next one. I'm thinking of getting a .22 WMR or Hornet, or a .17HMR revolver. Also, I've never shot an assault rifle (but that'll change once I join the Army), I kind of prefer bullpup guns over normal assault rifles (my favorite is the FN F2000; the gun used in splinter cell).
                  If you dn't know yet, I own three guns myself ( and my dad and brother let me shoot their guns). I personally own a Mossberg 835 12-gauge pump, a Winchester single-shot .22 (which was given to me and is REALLY old), and a remington 597 semi-auto .22. My brother owns a Savage break-action .222/20-gauge w/1-4x shotgun scope (I currently use this as my varmint rifle it's REALLY accurate). My dad owns a .270 pump w/3-7 power scope.

Comment

nice list, here in Canada, you're only allowed to have hunting rifles i believe, but i don't care, we're getting an M4 Bushmaster
                    for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

Very nice. Eventually when I have the money (and when I'm old enough), I'll be saving $100 per month for buying guns, $50 per month for ammunition.
                      It may seem like much to you, but here in the US we can have a few more guns (escpecially after the Brady bill expired; that was one of the most useless laws ever created).
                      I can't wait until I join the Army. Then after I retire (being in the army for 30 years), I'll become a class 3 gun dealer.

Comment

but that is a lot, just for guns?!!!

$150 per month is unrealistic, i wonder what occupation you will have in order to pay that much per month
                        for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

Originally posted by Dima
                          but that is a lot, just for guns?!!!

$150 per month is unrealistic, i wonder what occupation you will have in order to pay that much per month
                          Look up "payed employment. com".
                          Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

Have any of you guys heard of the JTF2?
                            the CANADIANS?

Comment

yes, what about them..???

Comment

how their the best?

Comment

Working...
                                X