Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NATO Says It Will Continue Eastward Expansion If Desired Despite Russian Actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spork55 View Post
    I absolutely agree with you on most points. As it is the system is not a threat to Russia although it does have a potential if certain factors come into play (basically expanding the integrated system to other sites etc.).

I do believe that Poland would've signed the treaty regardless of the Georgian conflict. The plans for this were in play years ago.

I would disagree with you on this one, I think the Polish people while not wanting a conflict with russia, dont expect them to warm up to you anytime soon. People seem to hate longer than you want them to sometimes.

I'm not too sure about that one.
    I would have to agree with you on this Clinton handled the break up of the Soviet union terrible and I even blame your past president Yelstin for letting the west take advantage of your system weather it was intended or not and I think for the most part good intentions were there but they just had piss poor planning.

Agreed. But we're coming up to the 20 year mark since days of Warsaw Pact at this point. The elements of "horseman and a horse" partnership between West and Russia continue. Perhaps it's time to adjust :)
    I agree especially with the US and Russia as a whole if you look at history the US and Russia probably "well other than language of course" have more in common than most countries put together. Anyway that being said I agree with the missle defense system and always have, in my opinion any country that has the technical know how and money leaves themselves open for attack by missles or anything else is really stupid. Do I think they should be based in poland well no I dont that is too close to russia even though they are defensive weapons I wouldnt want them putting any missles in south america. I think a better system could be developed that would be able to operate in the US boundries. As far as NATO Expanding east I am not in agreement with it, I personally think NATO should be disassembled anyway, what a waste of money. I cant see where NATO for future conflicts will help the US out any we saw that in Iraq and even Afganistan where the US along with its usual Allies Great Britan,Australia and Canada are taking the brunt of the casulaties and fighting. We do have some new allies that helped us out and have done well but for the most part NATo has been a waste for the US all it has done in the past decade is get us involved in a war in the former yugoslovia that quit frankly not many americans really cared about or still do. I support the smaller baltic countries and the Ukraine and even the republic of georgia, if they want out help or military training or equipment I am sure our companies will be willing to sell them some as far as them being in NATO I cant see where they would be any help, I doubt the Russians want to invade or take any of those countries anyway. Them trying to fight the Ukraine while I think russia would win it would be a very costly war for them, the Ukrainian military is not as small or bad as the Georgian military.

Comment

Working...
    X