No announcement yet.

Iran tests new weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find silver to be more within my price range at the moment than gold was and when silver passed $15 an ounce I made decent money off the silver scrap I collected when it was around $3/oz

Comment

You can made good money in very short term if you trade with options of Gold stocks. Read the fine print below.

The trick is that you MUST be right in your bet.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
        Add the devaluing pressure of the war borrowing to that. If our budget deficit grows smaller the supply of dollars will get tighter causing its value to rise.

Good point! The trick for the US is balancing the budget. All the other issues will fall into place.

Comment

Originally posted by Zinja View Post
          Good point! The trick for the US is balancing the budget. All the other issues will fall into place.
          The complication is "how?" There are 2 ways to balance a budget. One, increase revenue. Two, decrease spending. We know there's no way in hell the neo-coms will ever cut governement spending. That leaves us with the 1st option. How do we increase revenue? Increase taxes or decrease taxes?
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
            The complication is "how?" There are 2 ways to balance a budget. One, increase revenue. Two, decrease spending. We know there's no way in hell the neo-coms will ever cut governement spending. That leaves us with the 1st option. How do we increase revenue? Increase taxes or decrease taxes?
            Once the war is over the deficit will go down, so lets get committed to winning it.

Comment

That's how we won WW2...except our "2nd rate" stuff wasn't that much worse than German's 1st rate stuff, and we enjoyed a 20:1 numerical advantage. Against the Japanese, our "2nd rate" stuff is better than their "1st rate" stuff by middle of the war, and we still out number them 20:1. :))
              True! German technology was far better than U.S., and we won the war by pure numbers and manufacturing strength. However, are you stating that Iran has better numbers in weapons, and manufacturing than the U.S., or something else?
              Please forgive me!.......I'm not trying to insult your intelligence or anything, but that was the 1940's and it's 2008. Times have changed, and technology is changing a lot faster today then back then.
              Shoot........! If you buy a computer today, 2 months from now, it's outdated!
              The best analogy I can use is that, "If you need a computer to solve a hard problem,.......would you want to use 20 computers from 1960 to solve the it, or 1 from 2008?"
              During WWII Germany, the U.S., and the U.K., were all manufacturing giants.
              I know at that time Germany had quite a bit of manufacturing, and intelligence, but lacked manpower due to the war, and used slave labor from prisoners of war for weapons manufacturing.
              The U.K. had unbelievable intelligence, but lacked the necessary force to defeat Germany.
              The U.S. had o.k. intelligence, but a huge manufacturing force and resources.
              When Iran has 25,000 old T-72 tanks, 15,000 MIGs, and 75,000,000 troops, then I will think differently.
              Anyway, back on topic, what kinda primitive technology can Iran use, in overwhelming force, to really hurt the U.S. military?

Thanks!:)

Comment

Originally posted by Bella View Post
                True! German technology was far better than U.S., and we won the war by pure numbers and manufacturing strength.
                That is not even close to the truth. Germany had some superior technology such as tank cannon, but was inferior in some other area like gasoline octane, battle rifles etc.

Anyway, back on topic, what kinda primitive technology can Iran use, in overwhelming force, to really hurt the U.S. military?

Thanks!:)
                Iran has some weapons that qualify as high tech such as the TorM1 or Klub antiship missile, rocket mines, and rocket torpedoes. They have a lot of technology that would be considered modern if not high technology. The C-802/Noor, the Kosar missile, the Su-24 and Su-25. The Cobra attack helicopter etc. To classify Iran as primitive is a mistake. They are more advanced than Iraq was in some areas.

Comment

"Anyway, back on topic, what kinda primitive technology can Iran use, in overwhelming force, to really hurt the U.S. military?"

Hurt the US military is exactly what they would aim to do, while countries like Iran wouldn't stand a chance in defeating the US or most western military powers their best and only option would be to make the prospect of war more hassle than it is worth (especially with Iraq/Afghanistan to deal with). However this aside, if Iran is genuinely developing nukes I would like to think people would support military intervention and not camp on the side of naivety. While I'm not exactly supportive of wars I think it would be a mistake to let a country governed by a religious crackpot with a mind from the 15th century acquire nukes or any advanced weapons tech that can be used for offensive action.

Comment

Iran to reveal details of new weapons
                    Sun, 10 Aug 2008 15:00:04 GMT

Iran's Defense Ministry has announced plans to make public details of the latest developments in the country's weapons arsenal.

Speaking to reporters after a Sunday cabinet meeting, Brigadier-General Mostafa Mohammad-Najjar said Iran's defensive capabilities are now based on equipment manufactured by the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC).

In early July, the IRGC held an extensive military exercise, during which Iran successfully test-fired advanced shore-to-sea, surface-to-surface and sea-to-air missiles.

Iran also tested the upgraded Shahab-3 missile equipped with a one-ton conventional warhead and capable of hitting targets within a 2,000-kilometer range.

In August, IRGC chief Major General Mohammad-Ali Jafari announced that Iran had developed a high-tech naval weapons system capable of targeting any warship within a range of 300 kilometers from its shores.

"The design and production technology used in this weapon is completely Iranian and has never been employed by any other country," Maj. Gen. Jafari added.

Iran has stepped up efforts to demonstrate its defense capabilities amid escalating US and Israeli threats to strike the country's nuclear facilities.

While the UN nuclear watchdog has confirmed that Iran is enriching uranium to 3 percent, a rate consistent with electricity generation,
                    Washington and Tel Aviv accuse the country of making efforts to build a nuclear bomb.

The two allies have repeatedly threatened to launch military strikes against Iran, a signatory to the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), should the country continue nuclear enrichment.

Iran cites diplomacy as the only acceptable means for clarifying the nature of its nuclear program and ending the nuclear standoff. However, Tehran has warned that Israel and 32 US bases in the region will be targeted should the country come under attack.

A recent study by the Institute for Science and International Security (ISIS), a prestigious American think tank, found that a military strike on Iran's nuclear facilities 'is unlikely' to delay the country's program.

The ISIS study also cautioned that an attack against Iran would backfire by compelling the country to acquire nuclear weaponry.

Press TV - Iran to reveal details of new weapons
                    I am looking forward to learning more about this weapon and its capabilities.

Comment

Combination of both. Marry some of Obama's policies with some of McCain's you can get a balanced budget in two years considering that the budget guzzler Iraq is now slowly getting out of the way (asuming the Iran Issue will resolve itself somehow) :)

Comment

US dollar went up to 1.4925, extending its powerfull rally from last week. USD is kicking a##, against Euro and Yen.

Commodities led by Gold and Crude are dropping fast to 828 $ and 114 $, respectively

PS: is there a subsection in this forum, where the market and economy are discussed?

Comment

Working...
                        X