Manny Ramirez going to the Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
    Gunnut, who do you like more, the Dodgers or Angels?
    I think I have always been a Dodger fan first. Just like I am a Kings fan first. Let's not even mention the Lakers and the Clippers.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Herodotus

Don't forget Derek Lowe also.

I see you have DC as your location. Are you not from there? Because the Redskins do have those 3 Super Bowl trophies.

BTW, I went to high school there...ST John's on Military Road.
      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
        Don't forget Derek Lowe also.

I see you have DC as your location. Are you not from there? Because the Redskins do have those 3 Super Bowl trophies.

BTW, I went to high school there...ST John's on Military Road.
        I live in DC now for grad school, and foreign policy jobs, but Dad was military so we travelled around a lot (actually spent half my life in Europe before I was 16...well you know how it is). But I consider the Pacific Northwest as home no. 1 (grandparents still live there, mom and dad are from there, lived there when Dad was stationed at Ft. Lewis) and well the M's and Seahawks are not exactly championship-caliber...Sonics (gone now) have won one championship but that was before my time, ditto for the Trail Blazers.

Comment

Originally posted by Herodotus View Post
          I live in DC now for grad school, and foreign policy jobs, but Dad was military so we travelled around a lot (actually spent half my life in Europe before I was 16...well you know how it is). But I consider the Pacific Northwest as home no. 1 (grandparents still live there, mom and dad are from there, lived there when Dad was stationed at Ft. Lewis) and well the M's and Seahawks are not exactly championship-caliber...Sonics (gone now) have won one championship but that was before my time, ditto for the Trail Blazers.
          At least you can cheer for M$ and Starbucks.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
            I think I have always been a Dodger fan first. Just like I am a Kings fan first. Let's not even mention the Lakers and the Clippers.
            Cool,

you had them eliminated before friday night!!! Not good at all.

I'm really happy for Manny, and I know Albany has a soft spot for him, so its a win win situation for all of us :)

Comment

Dice K is up next, wow, he lost the fewest games I believe - 18-3 record roflzz, good luck "Angels" :))

Comment

Bottom of 7th, Dodgers up 7-1 hehe :)

Comment

Saito couldn't get anyone out.

Broxton couldn't throw strikes.

Dodgers escaped with a 10-3 victory.

Comment

Saito couldn't get anyone out.

Broxton couldn't throw strikes.

Dodgers escaped with a 10-3 victory.

:P

Is it fair to say the Dodgers are the dark horse in the playoffs? Or is there another team, that i'm not aware of that has a better chance, yet is a bigger underdog?

Comment

ITS OVER ITS OVER, DODGERS ONTO NEXT ROUND... Manny's legacy just got better

Manny being Manny = Manny being great

If the Dodgers win the World Series, Manny will be the most sought after free agent EVER in baseball history.

Comment

Hmmm...I guess Dodgers won't see a game 4 against the Cubs after all.

Angels finally beat the Redsox in the post season for the first time in 22 years.

Comment

Hmmm...I guess Dodgers won't see a game 4 against the Cubs after all.
                          haha, niceeeeeeee

Angels finally beat the Redsox in the post season for the first time in 22 years.

Yeah, but game 4 the Red Sox going to whip them back into place :))

Comment

Which teams will clash in World Series?

Baseball's final four: Which team has the right stuff?

Story Highlights
                            Both LCS matchups have the potential to be seven-game specials
                            The guess here is that the Dodgers meet the Red Sox in the World Series

What's strange about baseball's final four is that there's one surprise entrant, and it's definitely not the previously perennially pathetic Tampa Bay Rays. No, the Rays played all year like they belonged with the best. And they do.

The shocker squad is the Dodgers, who spent the bulk of the season as a mediocre team in baseball's least impressive division yet emerged as a Cubbie conqueror in Round 1, thanks to Manny Ramirezand a lot more. The Dodgers now must be viewed as dangerous coming off their dismantling of the Cubs, who were the best team in the National League all year.

Both semifinal matchups have the potential to be seven-game specials after a dud of a division series round (Angels-Red Sox was the only series that really got interesting, but it needed one more game to really be considered a classic).

This round should be different. These two confrontations look like tossups. I see seven games times two. "Two classics,'' is the way baseball people are viewing this.

After much deliberation, thought and consideration, the guess here is that the Ramirez-led Dodgers squeak by the phabulous Phillies to meet the battle-tested and clutch, yet hobbling, Red Sox in the World Series.

Maybe it's a bit of wishful thinking for that delicious "Manny goes back to Boston'' storyline (plus Derek Lowe, Nomar Garciaparra and, to a lesser degree, Joe Torre), but that's the way I see it. At the moment, anyway.

Here's my assessment of the final four ...

Boston Red Sox
                            They aren't the Yankees of the late '90s -- at least not yet. Two more titles will give them four since 2004, matching their rivals' output from 1996-2000, and that possibility certainly shouldn't be discounted. Like those Yankees, these Red Sox have excellent starting pitching, a terrific anchor at the end of the pen and a band of scrappy win-at-all-costs players at their core. They didn't let their current diminished state deter them against a very strong Angels team. Tough to pick against them.

Assets
                            1. A nucleus composed of tough and focused players with their eyes on the prize: Dustin Pedroia, Kevin Youkilis and Jason Varitek.
                            2. Jon Lester, who's terrific, is a lot better than anyone thought (not to rub it in, but maybe the Twins should have taken him for Johan Santana when they had a chance.)
                            3. Josh Beckett, if healthy, is a proven playoff performer.
                            4. Jonathan Papelbon hasn't allowed a run in his postseason career over 19 2/3 innings.
                            5. David Ortiz, even in his diminished state, remains a threat.
                            6. Terry Francona is overlooked but superb.

Liabilities
                            1. Dependable third baseman Mike Lowell will miss the series with a bad hip.
                            2. Ortiz isn't himself lately.
                            3. It's hard to tell exactly how injured Beckett is.
                            4. J.D. Drew is nursing a stiff back.

Intangibles
                            1. They know how to win.
                            2. It isn't easy to repeat.

Go Dodgers go???!!!!

Comment

Red Sox- Dodgers

If this happens, be prepared for the Boston pitchers to pound the ball inside on Manny. Heck, they may even hit him once a twice to get into his head.

I'll keep Jason Bay.
                              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                              Mark Twain

Comment

True, True, Manny is an unbelievable talent, but the most stubborn player out there today. If he doesn't get what he wants, acts as a 13 year old girl would. He starts to not show up to practice, refuses to play in games, and turns into a serious tumor for the Boston RedSox. I fully agree with what Tim McCarver has said about him in that what he pulled in Boston was "despicable." I would also take Jason Bay anyday. This guy is a stud (as far as playing the game goes) and I wish the best for him. GO REDSOX!
                                sigpicDaniel P. Bivona

Comment

Working...
                                X