No announcement yet.

Iran's WMD - Still No Evidence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, are you blind, deaf, and dumb? I just provided you with the details of the package peddled by AQ Khan which included a Chinese warhead blueprint. We know it is the same package peddled to North Korea and Iran. AQ Khan went further with Iran in providing cascades and the expertise to run the cascades. Do you actually want Iran to produce those blueprints to satisfy your criteria?

Comment

Originally posted by Shek View Post
      And the language in the paragraph refers specifically and only to the P-1 centrifuges, not to the warhead core blueprint. You have to go to the section specifically dedicated to that subject, which is section A.3 and follows after A.1.2.
      No it doesn't. You're fabricating. Damp Squib! Damp Squib!

Sorry, but the IAEA specifically requires Iran to answer the mail on the question and is not satisfied in the May 2008 report. The language is quite plain and easily understood.
      The IAEA has pointed out that Iran has answered all questions put to them thus far on the subject. Bear in mind that this wasn't a leak, or a top secret document, it was a forgotten document, in an old box of files, that was voluntarily *given* to the IAEA.

Comment

Ouch...

Comment

Originally posted by WorldCitizen View Post
          I don't take kindly you insulting the Major. You're the one who is now fabricating. Take a month off and see if you can compose yourself afterwards.

Comment

The sequential reading of English demands otherwise.

Originally posted by WorldCitizen
            The IAEA has pointed out that Iran has answered all questions put to them thus far on the subject. Bear in mind that this wasn't a leak, or a top secret document, it was a forgotten document, in an old box of files, that was voluntarily *given* to the IAEA.
            Just because Iran allowed the IAEA access to the documents doesn't mean that they don't exist and it doesn't mean that they weren't used or explored. Also, it's nearly three years after the initial report of the document and the IAEA is still asking for more information surrounding the document. One would think that you'd have all the answers after almost THREE years. Doesn't sound like wholehearted compliance to me.
            "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              I don't take kindly you insulting the Major. You're the one who is now fabricating. Take a month off and see if you can compose yourself afterwards.
              Damp Squib? I don't even know what that means, doesn't seem anywhere near the level of calling someone "Blind, deaf and dumb" (even if it might be true)

Comment

Originally posted by King Six View Post
                Damp Squib? I don't even know what that means, doesn't seem anywhere near the level of calling someone "Blind, deaf and dumb" (even if it might be true)
                He ignored evidence and try twisting the Major's words.

Comment

Originally posted by King Six View Post

A firework or explosive that fails to go off because it is damp. Also something that fails to meet expectations.

Comment

besides,

"worldcitizen" is arguing out of the side of his mouth. first he says that there's no evidence that iran has a nuclear program...and then he says that it would be wholly understandable if they built one as a deterrent against israel.

so, which is it? is iran not interested in building nuclear weapons, or is it? and in either case, why the obstruction or obsfucation on their part? in either scenario, how is this beneficial?

in any case, i don't mind the discussion, i mind his arrogant, condescending attitude.
                    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Isn't there a shift in Iran now? Isn't the US considering diplomatic talks, and even recgonition of Iran, in exchange for a halt of uranium production? I don't think anyone is talking about war at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Herodotus View Post
                        Isn't there a shift in Iran now? Isn't the US considering diplomatic talks, and even recgonition of Iran, in exchange for a halt of uranium production? I don't think anyone is talking about war at this point.
                        Its was voiced just the other day by the Brits... There will be no Iranian nuclear weapons and is still backed by U.S. foreign policy. Much stronger sanctions are two weeks away if the Iranian's continue to play games.
                        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

There will be no war with the US because Iran could retaliate too easily. Even for Israel any American loss due to a very unlikely air strike from them would strain the relations between the US and Israel. And A-Jad seems willing to tone down his rethoric (internal pressure from the Iranian establishment?).

Comment

Are you seriously telling me that those nations who suffer most at the hands of Israel wouldn't snap up a nuclear deterrent if one was offered to them? Seriously?
                            Interesting that you believe "those nations who suffer most at the hands of Israel" would happily snap up a nuke, but Iran, a self avowed enemy of Israel would not?
                            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar View Post
                              There will be no war with the US because Iran could retaliate too easily. Even for Israel any American loss due to a very unlikely air strike from them would strain the relations between the US and Israel. And A-Jad seems willing to tone down his rethoric (internal pressure from the Iranian establishment?).
                              It's in nobodies interests to have a war. It's in everyones interests that Iran fully complies with its obligations under the NPT, something they have thus far failed to do, and something which we now know they have actively broken.
                              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar View Post
                                There will be no war with the US because Iran could retaliate too easily.
                                As the person playing Paul Reverre as it concerns the Iranians, retaliation isnt thier strong suit. It implies the US acted first and in a US-Iran war who strikes first strikes hardest. Retaliation implies reaction, and after the 1st an second waves Iran won't have the number of assets it needs to both close the Strait, and then the much harder goal of keeping it closed vs an enemy at nearly full streangth. Iran's only hope is to get in some good blows early to knock back any US responce past the point the oil in transit reaches its ports of destination.

Even for Israel any American loss due to a very unlikely air strike from them would strain the relations between the US and Israel.
                                Israel will grumble, but not even loudly. They lose the US they face a national crisis.

And A-Jad seems willing to tone down his rethoric (internal pressure from the Iranian establishment?).
                                There is quite the behind the scenes battle going on inside Iran. Cleric's loyal to the Supreme Leader have made some interesting comments about A-jad and there was a recent shake up of the Guards command. I think the clerics are finally realizing that men giing special rights in all three of the important spheres (military, economic, and political) are not loyal like dogs, but treacherous like snakes. We will probalby see soe serious bloodletting in a show down within the next 10 years or so. That beign said, the clercis find themselves wedded to the nuke issue as one of national pride. I don't think they think they can backdown without looking like they betray the people as long as the guards keep tooting the nuclear horn. I think they fel it might cause a politcal shift they don't want.

I really wish the state department's experts were listened to. I know I can't be the only one traking the press blurbs about what cleric says what about who and drawing the conclusion that all is not right inside Iran. But US policy is backing the clerics into a corner instead of giving them a way to unravel the guards building grip on power.

PS. the Guards are now the single biggest economic and military force in Iran. They have the money and the guns.

World Citizen,

Iran wants bomb making technology at a minimum. Wether they want the real deal is debatable. A-bombs are hideously expensive and Iran is not a rich nation. Unlike its neighbors Iran has a nearly westerns tyle social safety net. They also have a real passion for military autarky so they are spending much of the little they have for RnD on a host of projects from missiles, to planes, to tanks, electronics etc. I don't know if they have the money to complete a bomb.

But if they can perfect the technology then they have the potential threat. That self same potential threat worked wonders for Kim in Korea. No nuclear nation has ever been attacked by another nuclear nation with the caveat of the Sino-Soviet border skirmishes in the late 60's. But that was real low level stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X