No announcement yet.

Our honored Olympic guests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I edited my post just after you quoted it but before you posted, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. In any case, thanks for proving me right.

"Oh no, we've been accused of something bad. Let's point out someone else who did something bad - no matter what the relevance - and divert attention from ourselves."
    Moron. You look at my Location and Country on the left-hand side and automatically make judgments on that? Iraq had the potential to do great but went **** up due to various factors, and now may be settling down to democracy - yeah, where the people vote freely. The CCP has been doing far more dirty stuff - some in direct relation to the Olympic games, such as labour practice, and the ban on demonstrations - for most of living memory.

I say, your ability to deflect outdoes Chobham tank armour, well done. Foaming-at-the-mouth moron.
    Last edited by HistoricalDavid; 23 Jul 08,, 13:35.
    HD Ready?

Comment

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid View Post
      Iraq had the potential to do great but went **** up due to various factors, and now may be settling down to democracy - yeah, where the people vote freely.
      Say these crap to the innocent Iraqis murdered by British Army.

Comment

Originally posted by xunil View Post
        Say these crap to the innocent Iraqis murdered by British Army.
        Say what? I already said it went **** up. Nothing I can say can assuage the fact that some of our soldiers are pricks, with regard to specific incidents. Can I say it to the 80%+ of Iraqis polled who supported the initial invasion? Or the millions who braved the carbombs to vote? Can you say it to the Kurds who suffered so much under the previous regime?

Can you say your BS to the people the CCP oppresses? Your argument is getting you NOWHERE because it is neither coherent nor comprehensive - you're just getting stupid simplistic little snipes at me. Now, give me a proper argument or piss off, please.
        HD Ready?

Comment

Say what? I already said it went **** up. Nothing I can say can assuage the fact that some of our soldiers are pricks, with regard to specific incidents. Can I say it to the 80%+ of Iraqis polled who supported the initial invasion? Or the millions who braved the carbombs to vote? Can you say it to the Kurds who suffered so much under the previous regime?
          That's just what you think. 80%+ ? What a fancy statistic.

Can you say your BS to the people the CCP oppresses? Your argument is getting you NOWHERE because it is neither coherent nor comprehensive - you're just getting stupid simplistic little snipes at me. Now, give me a proper argument or piss off, please.
          I said CCP is going into hell. I never said what CCP did is right. The Tibet issue is just too complicated.
          Last edited by xunil; 23 Jul 08,, 14:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeng View Post
            The BBC's Against the Odds series profiles athletes heading to the Beijing Olympics despite huge obstacles.

Go Nery Brenes!
            BBC NEWS | Americas | Against the Odds: Nery Brenes

Go Bernadett Baczko!
            BBC NEWS | Europe | Against the Odds: Bernadett Baczko

Go Hem Bunting!
            BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Against the Odds: Hem Bunting

GO Ziad Richa!
            BBC NEWS | Middle East | Against the Odds: Ziad Richa

Go Vijender Kumar!
            BBC NEWS | South Asia | Against the Odds: Vijender Kumar

Go Samiya Yuusf Omar
            BBC NEWS | Africa | Against the Odds: Samiya Yuusf Omar

Your stories are what the Olympic game all about.

We are honored to have you coming to Beijing to show us the Olympic spirit.

Besides the huge obstacles you have overcome, people like Ray sir and troung are advocating to boycott the Beijing Olympic game, destroy your Olympic dreams and prevent your Olympic spirits from inspiring the world :))

Go great athletes! Go our honored Olympic guests!

You are already the true winners :) of the Beijing Olympic game and people like Ray sir and troung are the true losers because they can not stop your Olympic dreams and your Olympic spirits no matter what they do and how hard they try.
            Boycotting the Olympics goes towards China's Human Rights disasters. It has zero to do with the Olympics or the competitors and more to do with the way the governmennt treats the people which we in the West would consider criminal at the least. Wait until you see some of the photos come out of China after the Olympics via internet and other communications.

The gentlemen that you mention above (Ray, Troung) wish to bring light to a very dark subject. They are not wrong or criminal for doing this. Everybody deserves basic Human Rights wether you agree or not is not the point. Merely that everyone deserves to be treated as a human being is the point and what happened to those people during that cyclone was an absolute and total disgrace in the eyes of the world and not only the West. We are amazed at the ignorrance of your governemnt particuliry in the treatment of the common people especially in the area of disaster relief.

Ray and Troung are only two of the many people here that feel the same way. So making it seem that they do not wish the athletes well is bogus and wrong and certainly does not blind anyone from their true intentions or point. Basic inalienable HUMAN RIGHTS!

China itself elected to be considered to host the Olympics and they won. What you did not read was the fine print. You get to have the protestors, bad media coverage and chidings of all of the Human Rights activists and groups that will come out of the woodwork to show just how China's government treats the common man/woman, poor/rich.

As I mentioned above China is about to get alot more in depth coverage into these mentioned areas then it ever has before. Your government is probably cringing at the very thought of it as we write.:))
            Last edited by Dreadnought; 23 Jul 08,, 14:45.
            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

That's just what you think. 80%+ ? What a fancy statistic.
              Want me to dig up the poll data?

I said CCP is going into hell. I never said what CCP did is right. The Tibet issue is just too complicated.
              So what's this crap you're flinging at people, e.g. BigFella? And what's too complicated about the Tibet issue? Are you incapable of handling it?
              HD Ready?

Comment

So what's this crap you're flinging at people, e.g. BigFella? And what's too complicated about the Tibet issue? Are you incapable of handling it?
                I am sometimes sick of some Americans' double standard of judgement. CCP also has a lot of datas as well. They are all false just because they are from CCP right?

Comment

Originally posted by yeung3939 View Post
                  I am sometimes sick of some Americans' double standard of judgement. CCP also has a lot of datas as well. They are all false just because they are from CCP right?
                  ray is an indian,
                  historydavid is a brit,
                  bigfell is an aussie,
                  troung is a nanheyangrounese.

yeung, you better apologize to we americans.

Comment

Originally posted by luffaman View Post
                    ray is an indian,
                    historydavid is a brit,
                    bigfell is an aussie,
                    troung is a nanheyangrounese.

yeung, you better apologize to we americans.
                    Sorry, I hereby apologize for my ignorance. I bow to you Americans.

I shouldn't generalize on nationality. I hate double standard of judgement.

Comment

Bring it up.

I don't like CCP, doesn't mean I would agree what those countries did. If those countries committed crimes, why stop people talking about that. About Tibet, I don't know much about that. I know CCP had done many bad thing. But I also don't trust Western media and Western countries. That's why I can't just accept Westerners' point.
                      Last edited by xunil; 23 Jul 08,, 15:27.

Comment

Bring it up.

I don't like CCP, doesn't mean I would agree what those countries did. If those countries committed crimes, why stop people talking about that. About Tibet, I don't know much about that. I know CCP had done many bad thing. But I also don't trust Western media and Western countries. That's why I can't just accept Westerners' point.
                        I guess its a dam good thing we dont have state run media nor government run media such as other countries eh?

Comment

troung is a nanheyangrounese

*Please excuse my ignorance. Troung is a what?

Sounds like a rare species of bird if you ask me.;)

Comment

Not quite up to my hazy 80%+ :

Ambit: Two-thirds of Baghdad Residents Say Saddam's Removal Worth the Hardships

The BBC - an organisation not exactly known for its rabid pro-government or pro-war propaganda - puts a majority in favour.

BBC - Press Office - Iraq polls

If I find the 80%+ figure I will post it, though for the purposes of the current discussion I will

These polls and others like them are conducted by independent organisations in a relatively free manner. I sincerely doubt you can say the same for the CCP which is hardly an objective pollster or judge of opinion. Point being, there are plenty of people in Iraq who agreed with some aspects of the war.

Ultimate point being, what the hell does Iraq have to do with the Olympics? Deflection, deflection, deflection. I never made any point based on my British nationality, but you people furiously masturbate to anything and everything Chinese and especially military hardware and the Olympics. This wilfully and disturbingly ignores a hell of a lot of injustice, but you simply refuse to acknowledge that. Christ.
                            HD Ready?

Comment

I don't like CCP, doesn't mean I would agree what those countries did. If those countries committed crimes, why stop people talking about that.
                              Start your own threads about Australia's murky past.

What you're doing is deflection.

About Tibet, I don't know much about that. I know CCP had done many bad thing. But I also don't trust Western media and Western countries. That's why I can't just accept Westerners' point.
                              Then what are you doing arguing on an Angolophone message board dominated by Westerners, you silly boy? And why should we evil Westerners even listen to you at all considering you don't deem us capable of honesty?
                              HD Ready?

Comment

Then what are you doing arguing on an Angolophone message board dominated by Westerners, you silly boy? And why should we evil Westerners even listen to you at all considering you don't deem us capable of honesty?
                                I don't think Westerners are evil, and I also don't think Westerners are lack of honesty. I just believe that truth is not monopolized by Western media or Western countries.

Comment

Working...
                                X