No announcement yet.

F-16 FALCON vs. MIG-29 FULCRUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In air warfare, the bomber always has the advantadge...especially in a nuclear conflict.

The PAF needs only get through with a handful of aircraft. If the IAF shoots down 90% of the attacking planes, the other 10% still nuke their targets.

Swell, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus
      Easier said than done.

And LULLDAPULL..

Under any given scenario, PAF never was, and never will be a match against the IAF.
      Same goes for the Army and the Navy as well.
      And BTW, the less I say about how Pakistan wages war, the better it will be for you.

Okay man! I wont say anything anymore. I am already scared!

Comment

"Under any given scenario, PAF never was, and never will be a match against the IAF. Same goes for the Army and the Navy as well. And BTW, the less I say about how Pakistan wages war, the better it will be for you."

Cut it out.
        To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
          The only question an Indian needs to know about a Blk 15 F-16 is can one get under the Indian radar net and nuke an Indian target.

The answer is almost certainly yes.
          Actually the answer is no, because before a PAF F-16 intrudes India an IAF Plasma Stealth MiG-29 SMT would sneak into Pakistan and nuke all its airbases

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic
            yeah I am Indian, and quite proud to be... so what?
            We're Aryans all haha :) ;) Jai Hind!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Vastu
              Actually the answer is no, because before a PAF F-16 intrudes India an IAF Plasma Stealth MiG-29 SMT would sneak into Pakistan and nuke all its airbases

Wow, now that's a sound arguement........

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Vastu
                We're Aryans all haha :) ;) Jai Hind!

I'm an american of 100% german dissent, 6 feet tall with blond hair and blue eyes. However, the whole Aryan bigotry farce died a long time ago along with the holocaust. Why don't you save your prejudise comments for somewhere else. If you want to argue that he's bias because he's from India, that's fine, but save your racial slurs for somewhere else.

Comment

jgetti i think Mr Vastu didnt intend to use aryans as a racial slur. Teh indians fro north india are primarily aryans in origin mixed with others and we are now indistinguishable. So we indians use aryans term a lot not as a slur but to represent the fact that we belong to a set of people called aryans who came to india a few thousand years ago and settled here .Not that is no way related to teh holocaust and shouldnt be in any way related to the ww2. And i believe that even Mr_ vastu ( as his name sounds ) is an indian.

Comment

all the real encounters between F-16s and MIG-29s were usually between the modified F-16C and the basic MIG-29A. Compare against MIG-29SMT please.

Comment

Originally posted by ajaybhutani
                      jgetti i think Mr Vastu didnt intend to use aryans as a racial slur. Teh indians fro north india are primarily aryans in origin mixed with others and we are now indistinguishable. So we indians use aryans term a lot not as a slur but to represent the fact that we belong to a set of people called aryans who came to india a few thousand years ago and settled here .Not that is no way related to teh holocaust and shouldnt be in any way related to the ww2. And i believe that even Mr_ vastu ( as his name sounds ) is an indian.

I stand corrected, thanks for the info.

Comment

In air warfare, the bomber always has the advantadge...especially in a nuclear conflict.
                        Wellll.............. I don't think so. First of all I dont think airplanes will be used to nuke targets if you're talking about an Indo Pak conflict. I don't want to elaborate because if you give it a thought you'll get what I am saying.

The PAF needs only get through with a handful of aircraft. If the IAF shoots down 90% of the attacking planes, the other 10% still nuke their targets.
                        Really?? DO you really think that IAF will scramb only a handful of aircraft when it sees a number of bombers entering its airspace. And seriously, how many nuclear delivery capable aircraft does PAF has?? 10-20 or maybe 30. Do you really think that out of these figures, any aircraft would be able to manage to nuke a target like Delhi. They would have to nuke Delhi or Bombay(Mumbai) to make an impact, dude. Any lesser target, won't be worth a nuclear conflict for PAF.

And just to remind you, IAF is the 4th largest Air Force in the world. And is the one of the best trained Air Force in the world. I would say, at par if not better than the USAF.
                        :)
                        Last edited by ASG; 27 Jan 05,, 19:23.
                        Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.

Comment

Pakistan has a much better medium for nuking india and thats their missiles as as of now the paksitani missiles will clearly go and attack without being countered by indians.pakistan dsnt need AF for nuking india. And neither does idnia needs one for nuking paksitan. AF becomes significant in indias advantage in case of the non nuclear conflict like kargil etc ..

Comment

Originally posted by ajaybhutani
                            Pakistan has a much better medium for nuking india and thats their missiles as as of now the paksitani missiles will clearly go and attack without being countered by indians.pakistan dsnt need AF for nuking india. And neither does idnia needs one for nuking paksitan.
                            Exactly the point I was trying to make!! ;)
                            Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus
                              Exactly the point I was trying to make!! ;)
                              Just to point out a historic precedence, in the early 1970s when the Soviets were preparing for a nuke supported invasion of northern China towards Lop Nor, the Chinese IRBMs that were thought to be abel to reach Moscow with a nuke were conventionally armed with HE instead. The Chinese at the time could not overcome the technological hurdles in weaponizing a nuke that could fit into their IRBMs.

Comment

"all the real encounters between F-16s and MIG-29s were usually between the modified F-16C and the basic MIG-29A. Compare against MIG-29SMT please."

Well techically a Dutch F-16A did bag a MiG-29A over Serbia...

And seeing as nobody is currently using MiG-29SMTs.

"Actually the answer is no, because before a PAF F-16 intrudes India an IAF Plasma Stealth MiG-29 SMT would sneak into Pakistan and nuke all its airbases"

Nice point but India has no MiG-29SMTs...
                                To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Working...
                                X