Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aussie Politician Sniffs Woman's Chair - YUK!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Politician Sniffs Woman's Chair - YUK!!

This bloke is an absolute champion sicko. Even more scary is that his party elected him leader once with rumours of his bad behaviour circulating, and re-elected him tonight with the rumours confirmed.

Despite facing a tired and unpopular government, these guys seem determined to shoot themselves in the foot.

*Note: In Australia the 'Liberal' Party is actually a conservative party - roughly equivalent to the Tories in the UK or the Democrats in the US. (yes, I know I said Democrats)

Chair-sniffer Buswell's support dives

Amanda O'Brien | May 01, 2008

SUPPORT for embattled West Australian Liberal leader Troy Buswell is plummeting, with some Liberals today calling on him to resign and others refusing to back him publicly.

Water and energy spokesman John Day, a former minister in Richard Court’s government, called on Mr Buswell to resign for the sake of the party, which he said was “haemorrhaging” from the fallout over his chair-sniffing antics.

Party whip Graham Jacobs said his phone had been running hot with angry constituents and the party had to assess where it stood.

Dr Jacobs will move a spill motion on Tuesday to declare the leadership vacant.

He said today he was taking the extreme action for the good of the party.

Mr Buswell, 42, admitted on Tuesday that he sniffed the chair of a female staffer after a meeting in his office in late 2005.

The scandal followed earlier revelations that he snapped the bra strap of a Labor staffer last year in a drunken escapade at parliament and spoke inappropriately to female MPs.

“It is clear a large number of people in Western Australia find the behaviour of Mr Buswell totally inappropriate and unacceptable and it’s their concerns that need to be addressed,” Dr Jacobs said.

“There are members in the party who are viable alternatives and that will be decided on May 6.”

Senior female MPs also failed to back Mr Buswell, saying they would make up their minds on Tuesday.

Upper house MP Barbara Scott said his behaviour was inappropriate and unacceptable and declined to say if she would support him.

“The emphasis now is on Troy to decide whether the damage that has been done to the Liberal Party is sufficient for him to make a decision to stand down,” she said.

Child protection spokeswoman Robyn McSweeney tried to deflect attention by attacking the Government’s behaviour but ultimately conceded she was concerned about Mr Buswell’s behaviour.

“I’m certainly not condoning what he did, it was totally inappropriate, but he is paying a very high price for that. He admitted what he did,” she said.

But she refused to say if she would support him in a leadership spill. “That is for the partyroom,” she said.

The powerful nurses union, which is not affiliated to Labor, also demanded that Mr Buswell resign.

ANF state secretary Mark Olsen said he had been inundated by calls from his members, the majority of whom were women, who were furious about Mr Buswell’s behaviour towards women.

“For god’s sake, it’s got a cringe factor of 10,” he said.

He accused the Liberals of condoning the behaviour if they retained Mr Buswell as leader.

“Troy Buswell is not fit to be Opposition Leader. He should resign and reflect upon his actions, maybe engage in some rehabilitation, on the backbench.

“Everybody in the community agrees that this man has a behavioural issue.”
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
    No kidding
    Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
      No kidding
      Unfortunately enough of his colleagues disagree to keep him leader - go figure.
      sigpic

Comment

It's debatable about whether this guy should really be walking the streets, let alone being a sitting representitive of the Australian people.
        Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
        - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Unfortunately enough of his colleagues disagree to keep him leader - go figure.
          Don't feel too bad. Marion Berry was elected mayor of Washington DC, again, after he was caught doing cocaine.

William Jefferson managed to hold on to his congressional seat after the feds found $90,000 of bribe money stashed in his freezer.

The mayor of New Orleans was re-elected after he abandoned his people 2 days before Katrina hit his city.

Idiot politicians are everywhere.
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Whilst I agree that the leader of the West Australian Liberals is definately not leadership or even representative material, the Liberals are not the only sicko's around.

The Labour party and in particular the West Australian variety have a decades long history of unsavoury behavior that led to Labour in the state being refered to as "WA Inc", as in crime and dirty deals HQ.
            A former Labour Premier of that state ended up in jail for his dodgey dealing and the first Labour party woman Premier of the state probably should have ended up in jail for her part in a very sordid affair.

Just to add a little balance to Bigfella's blind love affair with the Labour party, the following is also going on with another sleaze bag within the West Australian Labour party.
            The States current Labour Premier no less.

WA News

'MPs took off clothes at Labor’s racy party’

6th May 2008, 6:45 WST

A senior employee at the Sanctuary Golf Resort has claimed his staff had to tell several Labor MPs to put their clothes back on at the social function where Alan Carpenter is alleged to have lifted the top of Labor MP Jaye Radisich and exposed her bra.

The staff member, who would not be named, told The West Australian that one of his colleagues who was working on the evening Labor MPs held a karaoke party at the Bunbury resort in 2004 remembered that once MPs had a few drinks, a number started to take off their tops.

“The food and beverage manager who was here (and worked at the Labor function) does remember an event happening in around about 2004 . . . she does remember there being a DJ who was also karaoke of some description,” he said.

“She also remembers having to tell people to put shirts back on and clothes back on. There was a lady in particular who was running around without her top on. She remembers (what happened) and, you know, after one person did, someone else started to and apparently there were two or three people starting to take their clothes off from the top.

“It looked like a few people started to have a few drinks and started to undress from the top down. One particular lady was the worst offender.”

The Sanctuary Golf Resort employee told The West Australian in March that his staff did not know who the MPs were who removed their clothes.

The West Australian spoke to the senior employee in March, when allegations about the night’s events first surfaced. The employee has since left the Sanctuary Golf Resort. The food and beverage manager could not be contacted for comment yesterday.

Ms Radisich has repeatedly refused to deny that Mr Carpenter lifted her top and exposed her bra to colleagues at the karaoke party. But the Premier, who was education minister at the time, has categorically rejected the accusation. Ms Radisich has refused to comment on whether she was offended by the alleged incident or believed Mr Carpenter’s behaviour was inappropriate.

The Swan Hills’ MP has also refused to comment on Mr Carpenter’s claim that she contacted him earlier this year warning him that “nasty rumours” were circulating.

Ms Radisich did not return calls from The West Australian yesterday but is expected to be at Parliament when it resumes sitting today.

Last night, Mr Carpenter urged Ms Radisich to publicly deny the claims on what is alleged to have happened at the resort.

Asked on ABC television if it would hurt if Ms Radisich publicly denied the claims, Mr Carpenter replied: “Not only would it not hurt, but it would be good”.

“I had a very high regard for Jaye and she would have been short-listed for a Cabinet position but there was a preselection issue so she’s announced her intention to leave State politics,” he said.

Mr Carpenter is also alleged to have put his face near the breasts of senator-elect Louise Pratt, who was a State Labor MP at the time.

Ms Pratt has denied Mr Carpenter “nuzzled” her breasts at the social gathering of Labor caucus in Bunbury, which some have described as “racy”, but she has suggested he may have “looked at” her chest.

When he arrived home from an overseas trip on Sunday, Mr Carpenter denied the incidents but conceded he could not recall every detail of the night. Asked specifically if he lifted Ms Radisich’s top, his single word response was: “No.”

In February, Ms Radisich called on the Premier to make Parliament subject to equal opportunity laws.

JESSICA STRUTT
            Source: the west

Cheers.

Comment

Don't feel too bad. Marion Berry was elected mayor of Washington DC, again, after he was caught doing cocaine.
              ***** set him up ;).
              To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by captain View Post
                Whilst I agree that the leader of the West Australian Liberals is definately not leadership or even representative material, the Liberals are not the only sicko's around.

The Labour party and in particular the West Australian variety have a decades long history of unsavoury behavior that led to Labour in the state being refered to as "WA Inc", as in crime and dirty deals HQ.
                A former Labour Premier of that state ended up in jail for his dodgey dealing and the first Labour party woman Premier of the state probably should have ended up in jail for her part in a very sordid affair.

Just to add a little balance to Bigfella's blind love affair with the Labour party, the following is also going on with another sleaze bag within the West Australian Labour party.
                The States current Labour Premier no less.

Source: the west

Cheers.

Poor Captain,

It must be tough being a Tory these days. It is bad enough when your Federal leader can't get above 10% in the polls and the highest elected position you hold is Lord Mayor of Brisbane, but to then watch yet another state Liberal party commit suicide must be heartbreaking. If you guys hadn't been such a**holes for the past decade I might be a bit more charitable about it. Instead, I'm taking my example from Peter 'jellyback' Costello and laying in the boot when my opponent is already unconscious.

(a joke I couldn't sneak in anywhere else: 'how will you be able to find Costello's autobiography when it comes out? It will be the only book without a spine' :)))

Now, to the matter at hand. What a sad little post. I posted a story that is remarkable by any measure. It is also established fact. I didn't post a string of unproven allegations. I didn't post a story related by a guy whose freind told him 4 years ago. I didn't post a story actually denied by both participants. It says something about the West Australian that it felt the need to print such allegations & about you that you felt the need to reprint them. I didn't post anything about Buswell until the allegations were proven and I was planning to wait until the status of the allegations against Carpetner was determined.

What I posted also doesn't require a tedious journey into the murky past of WA politics. When I post about Kevin Rudd I don't feel the need to point out that he was part of a government that saved Queensland from one of the most corrupt & anti-democratic governments in Australian history. When I post about John Howard I don't feel the need to point out that he was a member of the NSW branch of the Liberal Party at a time when its State Premier was literally taking bags of money from organised crime & presiding over one of the most corrupt police forces in the Western world. Neither do I bother with a history of the murky history of the NSW Labor party when I discuss current events in that state.

Put simply, What Brian Burke did in the 80s has nothing to do with the fact that the WA Libs have a pervert as their leader. You refer to my 'love' of the ALP, yet you are the one throwing around unproven allegations & dredging up irrelevant history to defend your Tories. I'm not the one blinded by political allegiance here.
                sigpic

Comment

Poor Captain,

It must be tough being a Tory these days. It is bad enough when your Federal leader can't get above 10% in the polls and the highest elected position you hold is Lord Mayor of Brisbane, but to then watch yet another state Liberal party commit suicide must be heartbreaking. If you guys hadn't been such a**holes for the past decade I might be a bit more charitable about it. Instead, I'm taking my example from Peter 'jellyback' Costello and laying in the boot when my opponent is already unconscious.

(a joke I couldn't sneak in anywhere else: 'how will you be able to find Costello's autobiography when it comes out? It will be the only book without a spine' :)))

Now, to the matter at hand. What a sad little post. I posted a story that is remarkable by any measure. It is also established fact. I didn't post a string of unproven allegations. I didn't post a story related by a guy whose freind told him 4 years ago. I didn't post a story actually denied by both participants. It says something about the West Australian that it felt the need to print such allegations & about you that you felt the need to reprint them. I didn't post anything about Buswell until the allegations were proven and I was planning to wait until the status of the allegations against Carpetner was determined.

What I posted also doesn't require a tedious journey into the murky past of WA politics. When I post about Kevin Rudd I don't feel the need to point out that he was part of a government that saved Queensland from one of the most corrupt & anti-democratic governments in Australian history. When I post about John Howard I don't feel the need to point out that he was a member of the NSW branch of the Liberal Party at a time when its State Premier was literally taking bags of money from organised crime & presiding over one of the most corrupt police forces in the Western world. Neither do I bother with a history of the murky history of the NSW Labor party when I discuss current events in that state.

Put simply, What Brian Burke did in the 80s has nothing to do with the fact that the WA Libs have a pervert as their leader. You refer to my 'love' of the ALP, yet you are the one throwing around unproven allegations & dredging up irrelevant history to defend your Tories. I'm not the one blinded by political allegiance here.
                  ROFLMA, you are so predictable.

I know it is a bit of a character flaw for me to tease but like so many of your fellow ratbag fringe, eternal student class, you make it so easy not only for me but also I have noticed, others on another site who also amuse themselves at your expense.
                  It's a bit akin to poking a stick at a caged animal, an animal like you, trapped in their own little world of dogma and the the left's ability to hate like no other.
                  Don't worry though as I tend to lose interest in the pointless fairly quickly.

Have a nice day.

Cheers.

Comment

Captain, your showing a trait that i most despise in liberal voters. When presented with facts and evidence and have your own allegations questioned when all they are is allegations. You automatically resort to calling labor voters the ratbag fringe, eternal students and animals.

All Bigfella was doing was applying a simple set of academic rules. If it cant be proven, sourced or its not factual dont post it as such. Sometimes im glad our country is full of these so called ratbag fringes, students and animals because it was for the abovementioned voters that we are no longer governed by the government that in my mind single handedly ruined this country.

Oh, by the way captain before you start on me too, theres no way i fit in the little square you built for all labor voters. Im tertiary qualified, work in sales and marketing management and have run businesses before. I would be your 'perfect' liberal voter if all i cared about was the economy (and lets cut the **** the liberals made a poor attempt of that too, riding the crest of the wave when the money is coming in from the resources boom doesnt make you a master economist by any means).

What i have seen is this country go further and further to the right. This 'divide and conquer' little johnny howard attitute to the masses is the reason for his retirement. Shame it took so long for people to wake up and smell the roses but better late than never i suppose.
                    The best part of repentance is the sin

Comment

Play nice my Aussie chums:)
                      Besides, whats wrong with sniffing a chair or getting your kit off while singing karaoke? I know people who'd pay money for these things
                      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by captain View Post
                        ROFLMA, you are so predictable.

I know it is a bit of a character flaw for me to tease but like so many of your fellow ratbag fringe, eternal student class, you make it so easy not only for me but also I have noticed, others on another site who also amuse themselves at your expense.
                        It's a bit akin to poking a stick at a caged animal, an animal like you, trapped in their own little world of dogma and the the left's ability to hate like no other.
                        Don't worry though as I tend to lose interest in the pointless fairly quickly.

Have a nice day.

Cheers.
                        YAWN.

Yeah Captain. You got me good. Battered & bruised me. How will I show my face?

I actually enjoy cheap shots from Tories. A useful direction finder just in case my compass is a bit off. Besides, nothing like a deluded Tory for a bit of a laugh.

That is what I miss about the demise of the SP boards. It was fun playing with some of the Tory nutjobs there (your 'others'). Unfortunately they have all thrown a giant sulk and have retreated into a Tom Clancy-like world of toys & acronyms. I do miss GF & Trevor. I don't imagine you had much use for them. Too well balanced.

Funny how the SP Tories couldn't wait to start nasty little threads about how bad the ALP was when they were on top. Still, I'm sure that sort of sad frontrunning politics is just your style. It would be the easiest thing in the world for me to start a bunch of threads there to stick it up them, but that would reduce me to their level.

Overall WAB offers a much better class of poster & it has MUCH better moderators. I can see why you post here so infrequently.

Don't worry mate, you'll probably live long enough to see another Liberal government somewhere in Australia. Until then you just keep thrashing out at your imaginary ratbags & radicals.

I'm done with him now Pari.:))
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chakos View Post
                          Captain, your showing a trait that i most despise in liberal voters. When presented with facts and evidence and have your own allegations questioned when all they are is allegations. You automatically resort to calling labor voters the ratbag fringe, eternal students and animals.

All Bigfella was doing was applying a simple set of academic rules. If it cant be proven, sourced or its not factual dont post it as such. Sometimes im glad our country is full of these so called ratbag fringes, students and animals because it was for the abovementioned voters that we are no longer governed by the government that in my mind single handedly ruined this country.

Oh, by the way captain before you start on me too, theres no way i fit in the little square you built for all labor voters. Im tertiary qualified, work in sales and marketing management and have run businesses before. I would be your 'perfect' liberal voter if all i cared about was the economy (and lets cut the **** the liberals made a poor attempt of that too, riding the crest of the wave when the money is coming in from the resources boom doesnt make you a master economist by any means).

What i have seen is this country go further and further to the right. This 'divide and conquer' little johnny howard attitute to the masses is the reason for his retirement. Shame it took so long for people to wake up and smell the roses but better late than never i suppose.

Careful Chakos, you sound like one of those evil 'elitist' Johnny & co. kept warning us about. How dare you have an informed opinion that disagrees with your betters. Communist!;)

As an aside, have you noticed how good conservatives in general have become at convincing themselves that they are the great 'uniters' of this world? Talk about self-delusion. It would actually be funny if they weren't so damned convinced it was true.
                          sigpic

Comment

The scandal followed earlier revelations that he snapped the bra strap of a Labor staffer last year in a drunken escapade at parliament and spoke inappropriately to female MPs.
                            ROFL, so wait a minuit, thats not allowed?

“I’m certainly not condoning what he did, it was totally inappropriate, but he is paying a very high price for that. He admitted what he did,” she said.

But she refused to say if she would support him in a leadership spill. “That is for the partyroom,” she said.
                            I'm guessing he's already won her over ;)

“Troy Buswell is not fit to be Opposition Leader. He should resign and reflect upon his actions, maybe engage in some rehabilitation, on the backbench.

Rehabilition for being girl crazy? Behavioural issue? Because he's not afraid of hitting on his female colleagues? Isn't that what women want? A man whos not afraid to approach women, even if they are in a powerful position

Other than his "sniffing" the chair, I say CHEERS m8, do your thing! We need chaps like you around, if there were none, then the Queen herself would be sex deprived ;)

Comment

I wouldn't usually revive a thread this old, but it seems the best place to put this.

Since Mr Buswell's term as WA Opposition Leader came to an end after public revelations that he sniffed a chair recently vacated by a woman his fortunes have waxed & waned. It now seems likely that a political career that should have ended over 5 years ago has now come to a predictably messy end.

Subsequent to his resignation Mr Buswell went on to become Treasurer of Western Australia when his party won government a month later. Two years to the month after the chair sniffing revelations Buswell, married with 2 children, revealed that he had been having an affair with a Greens MP, who was herself married with 3 children. Cheating by itself isn't a sacking offence in Australia, but sleeping with a member of an opposition party might well be. Using your government car for the affair & paying for accommodation for the two of you with a government credit card should be.

Buswell was forced to resign as Treasurer, but 6 months later, in December 2010, was made Minister for Transport. Three months later he admitted to having racked up 9 speeding fines in the past 3 years! In mid 2011 his former lover accused him of what amounted to sexual assault at a party. he sued & she settled out of court, apologizing. Subsequently Buswell was re-appointed Treasurer while retaining his transport portfolio. Guess they have a shallow talent pool in WA.

This week Buswell resigned from cabinet claiming a 'mental breakdown'. It has now been revealed that he crashed his car into the front fence of his house after driving home drunk from a wedding. he didn't tell the Premier, who only found out the details days later.

You get the impression this guy's career was always going to end poorly....assuming it has ended. Guy seems to have 9 lives, none of them very well used.

TREASURER Troy Buswell, 47, has suffered a mental health breakdown and has resigned from the WA Cabinet, effectively ending his political career.

Premier Colin Barnett yesterday faced an extraordinary press conference, revealing the Treasurer has suffered a “mental health’’ breakdown and had been admitted to hospital in Perth and then Sydney, where he remained for about 10 days.

Mr Barnett says Mr Buswell called him at home on Sunday afternoon to advise him of his decision to resign immediately as a Cabinet Minister.

The Premier said Mr Buswell had crashed his ministerial car into the front fence of his Subiaco home in the early hours of February 23.

A witness who called police over Mr Buswell’s driving said he had to stop his vehicle to avoid being struck by Mr Buswell’s white Holden Caprice on Roberts Road.

The witness said Mr Buswell then crashed into the front fence of his home and spun the car’s tyres before managing to park in the driveway.

Mr Buswell was reportedly returning from a wedding reception at Kings Park.

Police have not charged him with any offences but began taking photos of the damaged car and fence this morning - more than a fortnight after the accident......

Mr Barnett said Mr Buswell’s chief-of-staff informed him on February 24 that he had suffered a breakdown, but the premier’s first knowledge of ``anything to do with erratic driving’’ was on Sunday afternoon.

Last week, when reporters noticed Mr Buswell was absent from cabinet, the Premier said he was on personal leave for health reasons and asked for his privacy to be respected.

``Troy had had a breakdown and asked to keep that private, which I did,’’ Mr Barnett said.

``I knew Troy had been out the night before.

``I was not prying into the particulars.

``My concern was about his care and welfare.’’

He said Mr Buswell had been in hospital in Perth as well as a clinic in Sydney, and remains under medical care.

``He is not in a good place,’’ Mr Barnett said.

``It was later in that first week when he was admitted to hospital that it was more serious.

``It is a very sad day, and a sad situation he found himself in.’’

Mr Barnett said he didn’t regret standing by Mr Buswell during his many controversies over the years.

``Troy has had a turbulent career - tragically maybe it all became too much.

``People in high profile positions are vulnerable, under scrutiny continuously, and if someone is prone to depression, it might bring it on.

``He is a brilliant person, (he has) an enormous capacity for work. Unfortunately, he’s also got a serious health issue.’’

Mr Barnett said Mr Buswell had no excuse or explanation for the accident, and very little recollection of it.

He was very remorseful.

``I think he feels like he has let me down - I don’t think that. I don’t see it that way,’’ the Premier said.

Mr Barnett is temporarily taking on Mr Buswell’s roles as treasurer and transport minister, and does not yet know who will deliver the state budget in May.

He’ll remain the MP for Vasse and it’s uncertain whether he’ll stay in politics.
                              No Cookies | Perth Now
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X