My ideas for a futuristic BB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RAL's_pal? View Post
    I notice you've been staying away from the BB board as much as cRusty has.... What gives Grasshopper?
    Been workin'

Besides in another month I'll be visiting the love of your life in Camden. Want me to say hi?
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
      Been workin'

Besides in another month I'll be visiting the love of your life in Camden. Want me to say hi?

Camden, Pearl, Philly, Suisun.... They all look alike :)

Are you going to have breakfast with Dread?

Comment

I was out of line with that statement, I am sorry.
        Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Hit Often...

Comment

Again, I do apologize. I am sensitive about my hobby and project and I got bent out of shape when I percieved that someone was calling me a moron. I did say I wanted ideas and critics about what I am doing. To clarify, if I may, I would like any help to make this warship better. I know it will probably never have its keel laid and big guns may be gone forever, but nonetheless I am working on this project here and now. So please let me know how I can make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by maximusslade View Post
            Again, I do apologize. I am sensitive about my hobby and project and I got bent out of shape when I percieved that someone was calling me a moron.
            You will learn, if you stick around, that If I though you were a moron, I would have called you one. But that was not the case. I gave examples of real world experiences and current doctrine. Thinking that it might aid you in your design since you are designing it for "Real world today and tomorrow" not some alt history project.

I've got a pretty tough skin. No blood no foul.

But the mods do get upset when you start dictating thread rules

I did say I wanted ideas and critics about what I am doing. To clarify, if I may, I would like any help to make this warship better. I know it will probably never have its keel laid and big guns may be gone forever, but nonetheless I am working on this project here and now. So please let me know how I can make it work.
            There are a few things, most concerning Sea Sparrow vs ESSM and your R2D2 mounts. Have you thought about what type of radar systems you plan to have? By the flat panels I'm guessing a SPY1 or some version of it. But its getting late, maybe some tomorrow:)

Comment

Camden, Pearl, Philly, Suisun.... They all look alike :)

Are you going to have breakfast with Dread?
              Only been to Mobile and Fall River, never been on an Iowa yet. :)

Yup, we're counting on Dread to give us the 4 star tour
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

awww i want a four star iowa tour. I think fall river is a really good ship to visit. It is the the only ship i've been to that has allowed visitors in the engine room and in the ships magazines. I'd love to see Iowa's. Take me with you.

Comment

Most of the stuff was covered by others but Main reason for getting rid of box launchers and Sea sparrow and using VLS quad packed ESSM is Its a better missile. ESSM has a longer range and more maneuverable. It is designed to take out supersonic ASMs. It also runs off your SPY radar and battle management suite. No new cables to run throughout the ship for those box launchers.

Keep the box launcher/Sea sparrow,then you will need more radar dishes put up. Power usage and space issues and a less capable system.

With ESSM you can get rid of your R2D2s.

If you decide to keep them anyway, you need to get rid of at least half of them. As many as you have, and placed all over the ship, you are going to run into the problem of 1 tracking the rounds of another one that is trying to engage a missile. Firing rounds at the rounds vice at an incoming missile. Or you put lockouts on them but the speed that modern missiles travel you would barely get a good track before it reached its limit switch. Then the next would have the same problem.

4 of them in the superstructure would be more than adequate. 4 Goalkeepers would be better.

Comment

I very much agree there Grape. I am currently in the process of redrawing the ship and when they are done they will encorporate those same thoughts.

Comment

Only been to Mobile and Fall River, never been on an Iowa yet.
                      What's in Fall River? Not that I'd even go across town to see anything.

Yup, we're counting on Dread to give us the 4 star tour
                      So you're going to get the famous Dread Full tour... hmm?

If you get a chance to go through "Broadway" you can either "hurdle" the steps and take a chance of smashing your shins or use the steps and take a chance of smashing your forehead. Since I've never met Dread, I don't know if he limps or has bumps on his forehead.

Comment

If you get a chance to go through "Broadway" you can either "hurdle" the steps and take a chance of smashing your shins or use the steps and take a chance of smashing your forehead. Since I've never met Dread, I don't know if he limps or has bumps on his forehead.
                        I've got a nice scar on the top of my head. At the moment I decided to hurdle a WTD in a p-way on the USS Saganaw, she decided to drop in a wave trough.
                        10 stitches and a shaved spot on the top of my head. Looked real sexy when we hit Oslo for libo 3 days later.

Ahh the good times, a LST in the North Sea during the winter. Does it get any better?

Comment

In Fall River, MA is the South Dakota class, USS Massachussetts. I've toured her a couple times. I only live an hour and a half away.

Comment

What's in Fall River? Not that I'd even go across town to see anything.
                            The largest collection of museum ships in the world...for those of us who'd go across town, naturally. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                              I've got a nice scar on the top of my head. At the moment I decided to hurdle a WTD in a p-way on the USS Saganaw, she decided to drop in a wave trough.
                              10 stitches and a shaved spot on the top of my head. Looked real sexy when we hit Oslo for libo 3 days later.

Ahh the good times, a LST in the North Sea during the winter. Does it get any better?
                              That might not be a bad string... "Injuries sustained while on board Naval ships." I've only had a few that I can remember.

Comment

The largest collection of museum ships in the world...for those of us who'd go across town, naturally.

I don't follow which museum has what, but I always thought the largest collection of museum ships was the one with the Intrepid, Edson and so on. Oh well, another museum I'll never see.

Comment

Working...
                                X