This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
    Heh its better and easier if ya cheat , use smoke rounds untimed so ther bury themselves into the ground ,,, not that i ever did it tho , deffo heshprac .
    Dont give it all away Eric
    sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

• Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
      Truth is I loved instructing ...so much scope for fun.... favourite TPs were................. 30mm (Rarden cannon) Mech also the recoil system......... lots of fun there in the early days of that gun before they realised no need for all that complicated info to be passed down to the B3 gunner (what was the name of the smallest component of the recoil system of the 30mm Rarden cannon........had the longest name).... remember the old colour coding too Eric :Dancing-Banana:

Most hated TP.... Chieftain NBC pack...... complicated overarated piece of crap

The smallest piece with biggest name is the rack catch plunger release catch cam , and the wheel of misfortune , yup i remember it well , yellow , yellow/blue warra a freakin nause

Comment

The smallest piece with biggest name is the rack catch plunger release catch cam , and the wheel of misfortune , yup i remember it well , yellow , yellow/blue warra a freakin nause
        See and you said you werent any good............... and you with a failing memory bank due to all that Herfy
        sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

• I just wanted to pop in and say I really enjoy this thread, thank you.
          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

The smallest piece with biggest name is the rack catch plunger release catch cam

Not withstanding the.. screw retaining intermediate firing needle withdrawal lever ..on the Cent ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
              Not withstanding the.. screw retaining intermediate firing needle withdrawal lever ..on the Cent ;)
              Yup ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
                See and you said you werent any good............... and you with a failing memory bank due to all that Herfy

No'one can ever forget that name having been gunners or cmdrs on symies , pass the church key m8 ;)
                Last edited by tankie; 16 Mar 11,, 20:20.

Comment

• Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
                  I just wanted to pop in and say I really enjoy this thread, thank you.
                  As we all do m8

Comment

• Okay, time to resurrect this thread.

Here's and easy one....what are LPCs?
                    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                    Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                      Okay, time to resurrect this thread.

Here's and easy one....what are LPCs?
                      That depends... are you firing missiles or securing fresh eggs?

Comment

• Not mission dependent.
                        Mark Twain

Comment

• Battle Bible Found and returned to Widow...

ALBERTVILLE, AL—
                          A long-lost religious memento is now in the hands of an Albertville woman, thankful to have it. Thursday, the widow of a World War II veteran received a Bible her husband carried in battle.

Lorene Thompson said she never knew it existed until someone called her recently, asking if the book might be her husband's.

Thompson clapped her hands with excitement as her son Lynn opened a package sent from Philadelphia. She had heard a 70-year-old Bible belonging to her husband was coming in the mail.

Much to her surprise, the Catholic prayer book is no bigger than a matchbox.

"I think it's wonderful," said Thomspon. "It's more than I can believe. It's really real. I love everything that's been done."

Lorene married J.W. Thompson in 1945, after he returned from World War II. He never told her about the tiny book of scriptures and prayers, given to soldiers.

Many sold theirs. How J.W. parted with his is unknown, but he later became a preacher and collected Bibles.

"He loved people," said Lorene. "He loved the church. That came first in his life."

Cynthia Marelia, chief of staff for a Pennsylvania state senator, bought the book at a New Jersey shop. When she opened it, she saw the name 'J. Thompson, Albertville, Alabama.'

Marelia got in touch with Chuck Ellis, a veteran and Albertville city councilman, to try to find the owner. However, finding J. Thompson of Route 4 wasn't easy. There's no road by that name any more.

Then, one day Ellis was walking his dog through Memory Hill Cemetery.

"As I got close to the tombstone, the flag caught my eye. It startled me," Ellis said. "I was like, how have I missed this tombstone?"

Sure enough, it was the grave of Reverend J.W. Thompson, World War II veteran. His wife's headstone had no year of death. She was alive, and living in Albertville.

Lorene Thompson said she will treasure the small Bible.

"I'll always keep the Bible, and when I meet the Lord, the boys will have the Bible," she said.

The book's finder, Cynthia Marelia, sent a letter to Mrs. Thompson as well.

"I am truly honored to give you the gift of a piece of your beloved husband's history back to you, and I thank you for giving me the gift of cherishing his memory for his dedication and service to our country," Marelia wrote

Lost Bible Found: Long-Lost Bible That Belonged To WWII Soldier Returned To Widow In Albertville, AL - WHNT
                          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

• leather personnel carriers.
                            "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                            "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

• Originally posted by s2 View Post
                              leather personnel carriers.
                              target!!!!

Cease fire!!!!
                              Mark Twain

Comment

• Stumbled across this a few months ago and thought it would make for a good question:

The Russians modified this popular type of lend-lease equipment in a pretty unique way(as far as I know). What equipment and what was the modification?

Comment

Working...
                                X