Super Hornet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wabpilot View Post
    I have to say there is some Italian TV that is entertaining. I don't speak a word of Italian, but watching girls get undressed and then getting dressed again is a whole lot better than what comes on the US TV. I do speak German, passably well. And they have some good dramas and detective shows. But, the best detective shows are on British TV. Although it would be nice if they had some Italian girls getting undressed. But, I guess you can't have everything.

Ah, if only I knew a TV executive I'd try my best for you!

P.S., at may age Rosemary and Thyme are looking good.
    Well, I'm of 1939 vintage and I'm able to resist that pair quite easily:)
    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Tophatter; Do you want a job?

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
      A few of those items haven't been manufacturered in years.

Forget the C-5 Galaxys. Add more C-17's to your list as well as more C-130's for short-haul stuff.

Forget the B-52 and B-2 bombers, you don't need that kind of global reach.
      F-22 and F-35's will fit the bill perfectly.

Forget the F-117's. You're talking about state-of-the-art 1970's technology.

Ditto the Los Angeles-class SSN's. You want something smaller and more modern.

Forget the CVN battlegroups. The manpower requirements alone would be unimaginable to the RAN. Never mind outfitting their airgroups.

You've already got Abrams tanks and Chinooks choppers, so that's a good pair of buys. The Paladin is operated by dozens of allied countries, so that's another good buy.

LCAC's are a good thing to have in those waters, but I believe they're out of production.

The Bell UH-1Y Huey would be a good fit as well.

Will this be cash or charge?
      NOW THAT I HAVE EVERYONE'S ATTENTION!!!

As you all probably know, we're having an election on the 24th of November, and what makes our elections much, much better is the campaign this time only had a six week window, not like the US where campaigning starts more than a year before the election. We also don't have to worry about, "will I or will I not vote?" Here it's compulsory.

Anyway, whoever gets into power will have a Minister for Defence. Both the current and shadow ministers are clueless. It's all very well to have advisors, but a bit of knowledge about the Military would go a long way.

Tophatter, throw your hat into the ring, at lest you know what you're talking about.

A bigger US force would in the region would be handy. Even though we're a big country, (almost the size of the US), our population is only 21million, 90% of them live on the east coast. If Indonesia decided to invade, we wouldn't have a hope without the help of countries like the US.

Freddie
      Never hold your farts in, they run up your spine, and that's where shity ideas come from.
      vēnī, vīdī, velcro - I came, I saw I stuck around.

Comment

Originally posted by Indirect Fire View Post
        I don't know what they're buying, but I remember that Malaysia was interested in a couple of Su 30 MKMs (Or MKs, or MKKs. Can someone please go and check for me?)

This article mention the sale, but I've not found anything more specific yet.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/06/wo...gewanted=print

Actually here's some more. 18 Su-30MKM.

Malaysia Su-30 supply begins
        DSA 2004 Malaysia Sukhoi-30 acquisition Malaysian Military- Boeing Sukhoi MiG Brahmos Hornet

Comment

A few of those items haven't been manufacturered in years.

Forget the C-5 Galaxys. Add more C-17's to your list as well as more C-130's for short-haul stuff.

Forget the B-52 and B-2 bombers, you don't need that kind of global reach.
          F-22 and F-35's will fit the bill perfectly.

Forget the F-117's. You're talking about state-of-the-art 1970's technology.

Ditto the Los Angeles-class SSN's. You want something smaller and more modern.

Forget the CVN battlegroups. The manpower requirements alone would be unimaginable to the RAN. Never mind outfitting their airgroups.

You've already got Abrams tanks and Chinooks choppers, so that's a good pair of buys. The Paladin is operated by dozens of allied countries, so that's another good buy.

LCAC's are a good thing to have in those waters, but I believe they're out of production.

The Bell UH-1Y Huey would be a good fit as well.

Will this be cash or charge?
          I think you misunderstood, We don't want to buy them, we want your equipment and personell based here.

We have good beer!!!:)) :))
          Never hold your farts in, they run up your spine, and that's where shity ideas come from.
          vēnī, vīdī, velcro - I came, I saw I stuck around.

Comment

Originally posted by furkensturker View Post
            I think you misunderstood, We don't want to buy them, we want your equipment and personell based here.

Translation. They want American protection for free.

Comment

This teetotaler has been told that Australian beer resembles chilled gnats urine.

Comment

From what I've heard about Aussie women, that shouldn't be a problem
                Originally posted by Feanor View Post
                Translation. They want American protection for free.
                If they can provide the proper facilities (air bases, naval bases etc) and help out with the cost of various supplies and labour, then why not?
                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

From what I've heard about Aussie women, that shouldn't be a problem
                  Ahem ... *** psst *** wives.

Comment

Found the quote from an old thread that sums the original article up nicely.

Originally posted by WabPilot
                    No thread is well and truely fouled up until Carlo Kopp is quoted with approval.
                    I think that tops my "Mike Sparks of Australia" comment.

For a discussion on this same article and more insight into Kopp from WabPilot, HighSeas and GF0012 try this thread

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/mil...g-mistake.html

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                      Huh, what? Oh...yeah, them.

Well, some of us are (un)fortunate enough to have to face down those hordes of ravenous Aussie sheilas all by our lonesome. :(
                      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
                        This teetotaler has been told that Australian beer resembles chilled gnats urine.
                        Yes,
                        Somehow Aussie Beer is known world over as Piss water.

Comment

Huh, what? Oh...yeah, them.

Well, some of us are (un)fortunate enough to have to face down those hordes of ravenous Aussie sheilas all by our lonesome. :(
                          What are they hungry for? Food or men?

Comment

They can have aussie women and beer too.
                            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Not everyone here is married

Comment

NOW THAT I HAVE EVERYONE'S ATTENTION!!!

As you all probably know, we're having an election on the 24th of November, and what makes our elections much, much better is the campaign this time only had a six week window, not like the US where campaigning starts more than a year before the election. We also don't have to worry about, "will I or will I not vote?" Here it's compulsory.

Anyway, whoever gets into power will have a Minister for Defence. Both the current and shadow ministers are clueless. It's all very well to have advisors, but a bit of knowledge about the Military would go a long way.

Tophatter, throw your hat into the ring, at lest you know what you're talking about.

A bigger US force would in the region would be handy. Even though we're a big country, (almost the size of the US), our population is only 21million, 90% of them live on the east coast. If Indonesia decided to invade, we wouldn't have a hope without the help of countries like the US.

Freddie
                                I don't think you have to worry about Indonesia. The current state of that country couldn't fight a war if it wanted to....except with it self!

Comment

Working...
                                X