Best Web Browser-Cast Vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Feanor View Post
    [sarcasm]We have to compare their operating ranges, reliability, mobility, crew comfort, and armor. You guys are just posting uneducated opinions. Do some research God.[/sarcasm]
    I don't know where you are coming from on this, but do grace us with thy knowledge and be more specific !!!

What do you have to say about this discussion?

Comment

I use pretty much IE only. I install Firefox on some older Wintel machines that have problem running IE6+ (especially IE7).

I'm with John and Dale. Browsers don't do much for me. I don't care about add-ons. Everything I have are stock color/theme.

The only problem I have with IE is how resource intensive it is. It seems to get hungrier and hungrier at a geometric scale.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by texasjohn View Post
        I don't know where you are coming from on this, but do grace us with thy knowledge and be more specific !!!

TJ,please take note of the sarcasm brackets at either end of Feanor's post.This is a clear indication on his part that he is just kidding.So a proper response would be thus....."Hey Feanor!:P :P :P :P :P :P and double:P ";)
        "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
          TJ,please take note of the sarcasm brackets at either end of Feanor's post.This is a clear indication on his part that he is just kidding.So a proper response would be thus....."Hey Feanor!:P :P :P :P :P :P and double:P ";)
          Oh you mean he is one of us!!:)) Dumb a$$ that I am!:))

Yo feanor! wazzup up??:)) :))

Comment

Oh you mean he is one of us!!:)) Dumb a$$ that I am!:))

Yo feanor! wazzup up??:)) :))
            I figured it might be hard to get the humor across in typing. So I figured the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] might help. I guess some take longer then others ;) btw what's the color of your hair?

Whoops. Uh. I think I'll go hide now.

Comment

Firefox 3.0b2 :)

Comment

Originally posted by J`ve View Post
                Firefox 3.0b2 :)
                Is the memory leak problem fixed?
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                  Is the memory leak problem fixed?
                  It works quite fine now :)

Comment

Opera since version 3
                    For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

I use IE7 almost exclusively apart from giving any web development i do a once over with Firefox to make sure it works.

Now that both sides of the "best browser" tedium have realised it was crappy web development that led to "this site designed for IE 4.00067.5.4" or "works best with Netscape 6.0342.1" and have sorted themselves out and stopped making ridiculous websites it's largely immaterial.

I used Firefox a lot before IE7 came out, because i really liked the tabbed browsing the built in search and the internal find on demand. But since IE7 has two of those i now never use Firefox. The other thing is because there are still some bad websites out there, you still need to have IE lying around for when they won't work with Firefox et al (FF even has an add-on to quickly open the page in IE!). So, if i have to have it as a back-up why bother using anything else in the first place?
                      at

Comment

Originally posted by Trooth View Post
                        I use IE7 almost exclusively apart from giving any web development i do a once over with Firefox to make sure it works.

Now that both sides of the "best browser" tedium have realised it was crappy web development that led to "this site designed for IE 4.00067.5.4" or "works best with Netscape 6.0342.1" and have sorted themselves out and stopped making ridiculous websites it's largely immaterial.

I used Firefox a lot before IE7 came out, because i really liked the tabbed browsing the built in search and the internal find on demand. But since IE7 has two of those i now never use Firefox. The other thing is because there are still some bad websites out there, you still need to have IE lying around for when they won't work with Firefox et al (FF even has an add-on to quickly open the page in IE!). So, if i have to have it as a back-up why bother using anything else in the first place?

That's why,

Comment

oooo! me too
                          Attached Files

Comment

Yes, but i use my PC for more than watching the memory management of programs. Currently IE7 is using 2.4% of the RAM on this PC. If i swapped to Firefox it might use 1.7%. But that gain of 0.7% of installed RAM is not going to offset the crappier font rendering.
                            at

Comment

My first pc was a pentium 200 with 8mb of ram. So ive always been obsessed with reducing memory use and loved opera.
                              Back then it would fit on a single floppy disk.
                              a single IE window would basically kill my system so have hated it always.

Comment

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
                                My first pc was a pentium 200 with 8mb of ram. So ive always been obsessed with reducing memory use and loved opera.
                                Back then it would fit on a single floppy disk.
                                a single IE window would basically kill my system so have hated it always.
                                That was my philosophy when i used to use Wordperfect for DOS.

Now with PCs having a surplus of performance compared to the current generation of Windows, it is better to be happy with the functionality of your software than to worry about the technicalities of what it is doing behind the scenes.

I may re-evaluate if someone produces a browser with better functionality (i.e. like tabs drew me to FF), or if any of my IT cleints move their Windows installations over to another browser(highly unlikely in a corporate world).
                                at

Comment

Working...
                                X