Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best PC based Combat Flight Simulator ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by derfledermause View Post
    Please excuse me, this is my first posting. I have CFS, CFS2 and CFS3, IL2Sturmovic, F22 Lightning. I am 70 years of age and learning to fly slowly, last December I upgraded my laptop to windows 7, 32 bit, I also bought a new desktop with windows 7, 64 bit. My problem is that all these simulators work on XP and Vista but will not work on Windows 7. Would someone be kind enough to indicate what new flight sims will work with windows 7. I will be very gratefull for any information.
    Thank you.
    everything that works on Vista would work on 7 too.

after all 7 is nothing but a modified Vista as far as i know.

my IL2 working very well with Vista
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

X-Plane isn't a combat simulator, but it lets you design your own aircraft to fly in the game.

Comment

Microprose Strike Eagle III was my favorite of all time. The cockpit controls were great, it had decent aircraft AI, sam sites that defended targets of interest, and co-op multiplayer so you could team up with a friend and try to make it back. I used to do serial link, it was great being able to look out for each other. It was done so well, that even though the scenery was low detail, everything else made up for it. It was fun when you ran out of mavericks to dive at a sam installation and kill it with guns. I can only wish that a sim would be made today that was nearly that good.

Comment

Gunny, Zraver, Ben? Guys you are slacking ;)
          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

It's the weekend. Jeez, 2 hours and you're already complaining?! How come you're not posting any zombie pics, huh?!
            Attached Files
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

I don't mingle with zombies, so nothing in my albums :red:

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

But is this actual necroposting? They DID have additional, pertinent information to add...

Just because a thread is old, doesn't mean it's permanently dead. Right?

Welcome!

Comment

Technically it might not have been necroposting, but Dok requested a zombie pic, so I obliged him
                  Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

I don't know if I'm violating protocol by adding my 2c, but this necro thread caught my interest because of Wattszyurz revival. I'm actually looking for advice for buying a good pc-based combat flight sim compatible with Windows Vista...I have the Microsoft history of flight sim and it's pretty good...but you can't kill anybody with it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                      Technically it might not have been necroposting, but Dok requested a zombie pic, so I obliged him
                      Show me where I requested the dead chick? ;)

All I said is usually one of you pops in when a post like this occurs.

Comment

It was inferred

Comment

IL-2 1946 v4.101

and

IL-2 Cliffs Of Dover...and buuuuu zombies are everywhere... :)
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

FWIW I wasted way too much time Playing Fighters Anthology back in the 90's, before that, Fleet Defender Gold.

The Problem was once you played Fighters Anthology and you had a good enough (imagination) you looked at the other titles, and thought 'Hmm can't fly 100 plus planes' in a heap of theatres.

Next game to do that Was IL2 / Strike Fighters, the former I played a lot of. I don't think anyone pretended FA was realism, you could fly a Giant moth sending out plasma balls or a pterodactyl I think. Had a good mission builder.
                            Ego Numquam

Comment

Working...
                            X