A New Military Alliance in the Offing? Five-nation naval exercise begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adux View Post
    You are ever so ready to blanket all other people together in your choice of groups, but it hurts when you are grouped with Upper caste opperssors.
    Double Standards my friend.

I am happy that you and your family did.

You have no Idea what my intellectual capacity or understanding of the matter at hand is. Do you have the faintest idea of how much the upper caste hindu's have perscuted lower caste for centuries. I have family members who have been perscuted for her lower caste lineage. She doesnt have an arm, But your family dont discriminate, so that means other upper caste also dont do it.
    Equality strikes doesnt it my friend, Centuries of persecutions and Equality at last.
    I personally dont think reservations are a right choice. I am an OBC and I dont think OBC should be given Reservations. While SC/ST definitly should.

But how that be right einstien. How can the person support as well as oppose Reservation...sheesh.

Fine I apologize for my attack on you but the point remains is that the commies continue to advocate and support policies that are really communal in nature instead of bridging the gaps between different groups. Hence, they are not a nation building or national group.

I understand that the lower caste people have a lot of grievances and they are very right to have those but it doesn't mean in destroying our cultural and religious fabric just to get equality. That does not promote national unity or religious tolerance but breeds more communal violence. "Provoke the meekest dog too often, he will bite." That's what the commies are doing.

As for reservations, I only support them to the point where they have a sunset provisions. Reservations are not a right, only a means to achieve some sort of minimum level of opportunity for less privileges to succeed. Have you not read any Indian stories where the less privileges through HARD WORK and DETERMINATION achieve success beyond their wildest dreams? Take a look at Aziz Premji, one of the richest Indians and a Muslim to boot. He didn't get there by being on reservation. He got there through hard work. But that's not the message the commies are conveying. They are conveying that we are failures because we didn't get the privileges we should have. They did not say anyting about once given an opportunity, you can make it through hard work. They just want to suck at the teats and grow fat. If you wanna know where I come from, then read the book, "Animal Farm". You will see in what form the commies are portrayed as.

Commies DESTROY, not create.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
      Fine I apologize for my attack on you but the point remains is that the commies continue to advocate and support policies that are really communal in nature instead of bridging the gaps between different groups. Hence, they are not a nation building or national group.
      I have not said otherwise, All I said, and I am repeating here myself. That they have been instrumental in abolishing castism in Kerala, and mind you we were the worst in India pre-independence

I understand that the lower caste people have a lot of grievances and they are very right to have those but it doesn't mean in destroying our cultural and religious fabric just to get equality. That does not promote national unity or religious tolerance but breeds more communal violence. "Provoke the meekest dog too often, he will bite." That's what the commies are doing.
      And I agree.

As for reservations, I only support them to the point where they have a sunset provisions.
      Reservations should be time bound, yearly performance assessed system. And it should be available ONLY to the SC/ST and no one else. NO OBC, NO Muslims.

Reservations are not a right, only a means to achieve some sort of minimum level of opportunity for less privileges to succeed. Have you not read any Indian stories where the less privileges through HARD WORK and DETERMINATION achieve success beyond their wildest dreams?
      Centuries of persecution have left the lower class so far below the food chain. HARD WORK and DETERMINATION, doesnt quite CUT it.

Take a look at Aziz Premji, one of the richest Indians and a Muslim to boot. He didn't get there by being on reservation. He got there through hard work.
      He is not an SC/ST. Muslims and OBC dont need any reservations.
      I am an OBC, and I do pretty darn well.

But that's not the message the commies are conveying. They are conveying that we are failures because we didn't get the privileges we should have. They did not say anyting about once given an opportunity, you can make it through hard work. They just want to suck at the teats and grow fat. If you wanna know where I come from, then read the book, "Animal Farm". You will see in what form the commies are portrayed as.
      I am a Ann Rynd Fan. I hope you get my idea of the perfect system.

Commies DESTROY, not create
      I am a Bussiness man, and I invest my money not in my homestate but in Tumkur, Karnataka, and Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. That should tell you what I think of my state regarding goonda-union politics.
      Last edited by Adux; 07 Nov 07,, 04:42.

Comment

• Muslims and OBC dont need any reservations.
        Really?

What about the Jats being OBC and the Gujjars demanding that they should be Scheduled Caste/ Tribes like the Meenas!

Why is the Andhra Pradesh govt giving Moslems reservation?

This is a real odd state of affairs where everyone wishes to be declared the lowest of the low, as if that is what this country is aiming for - going down instead of looking up!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
          Really?
          Yes,

What about the Jats being OBC and the Gujjars demanding that they should be Scheduled Caste/ Tribes like the Meenas!
          And I dont agree with it,
          Jats being OBC???????

Why is the Andhra Pradesh govt giving Moslems reservation?
          I dont agree with it. Vote Bank Politics. For every uneducated, jobless Muslim there is 10 Hindu's uneducated and jobless.

This is a real odd state of affairs where everyone wishes to be declared the lowest of the low, as if that is what this country is aiming for - going down instead of looking up!
          That has more to do with gross-mismanagement of Reservations process.
          More to do with the gross-poverty in this land. Every boost-up, is life saving.
          Reservations can all end with eradication of inequality wether it is social or economic. There were some valid reasons for providing Reservations, which still holds true. For the mere fact that our problems are on an epic scale.

Comment

• Yes, Jats are in the OBC category!

Your agreeing is not the issue. The facts on the ground are!

I concede they are ridiculous, but then that is Indian politics and its shenanigans called the Vote Bank!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• An interesting article:

New family heirloom: illiteracy

CHARU SUDAN KASTURI

Hyderabad, Nov. 6: Children of uneducated parents are more likely to remain illiterate and become a part of India’s child labour force if their parents had to work as children, new research by the country’s social scientists has shown.

The research provides the strongest evidence yet to back a long-held theory that illiteracy can be transferred from generation to generation in a manner that sociologists term “social genetics”. It has also identified child labour as a possible trigger for this “gene”.

Of the group studied, 87 per cent parents who worked as children had pushed their kids into work, according to the study, presented at a conference organised by the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights.

“A potent cocktail of social factors is behind this inter-generational transfer of illiteracy through child labour. Of course, children of uneducated parents are more vulnerable in terms of the education they receive. But if the parents worked as child labourers, the problem seems to increase further,” professor Ashok Khandelwal, one of the authors of the study, told The Telegraph.

Most child labourers grow up to remain “menial” workers, Khandelwal said. This, he added, translate into uncertain living conditions when they become parents.

“Earlier research had shown that such people continue to suffer from the lack of stable home conditions — a prerequisite for children to go to school,” he said.

The researchers, from the Jaipur-based Institute of Development Studies and the Dakshin Rajasthan Mazdoor Union (DKMU), followed migrant labourers who move seasonally from their homes in southern Rajasthan to north Gujarat.

Four of India’s poorest districts — Udaipur, Dungarpur, Banswara and Sirohi — were earmarked for the study.

The population in these districts is mainly made up of the Bheel tribe, Khandelwal, who teaches at BKMU, said.

“Most migrate to north Gujarat to work in Bt cotton fields,” he explained.

Fifty families were identified randomly. The researchers asked parents and their children independently about their levels of education. The responses were cross-checked with local schools.

The researchers found that illiteracy was being transferred from one generation to another, both at the level of the community and a particular family.

Nearly 40 per cent of the group quizzed had never been to school. Among the children — less than 14 years old — around 37 per cent were illiterate.

While 43.2 per cent of the adults had started primary school, the figure was a little over 40 per cent for the children. Only 17.2 per cent of the children completed primary school, while the figure was 22.2 per cent for the adults.

“The data clearly show that children of parents who worked as child labourers are likely to also stay out of school. They automatically then join the labour force while still children,” Khandelwal said.
              The Telegraph - Calcutta : Nation

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Yes, Jats are in the OBC category!
                Suprising!! Further validates my point, OBC doesnt need reservations.

Your agreeing is not the issue. The facts on the ground are!
                Sir,

The only power I have, is that ONE VOTE. And I use it the best I can with limited options I have(quality candidates)

I concede they are ridiculous, but then that is Indian politics and its shenanigans called the Vote Bank!
                Sad Fact, We can only hope for a bright future.

Comment

The only power I have, is that ONE VOTE. And I use it the best I can with limited options I have(quality candidates)
                  Not really. You are going to vote for a congress candidate even though congress party may put up a donkey as a candidate in your local area.

You have no power to decide on your congress candidate!

You go with whatever the party chooses for you(if you vote for a party-most likely method) or you go with whatever the better candidate the main 2-3 parties in your area put up(if u choose by candidate)

You have no power to decide the best candidate from the best party(in ur opinion) since no such system exists in India.

Thats the reason the congress party and their followers HAVE to suck up to the gandhi family.
                  Last edited by FullTank; 07 Nov 07,, 15:36.
                  God is a cruise missile.

Comment

• Originally posted by FullTank View Post
                    Not really. You are going to vote for a congress candidate even though congress party may put up a donkey as a candidate in your local area.

You have no power to decide on your congress candidate!

You go with whatever the party chooses for you(if you vote for a party-most likely method) or you go with whatever the better candidate the main 2-3 parties in your area put up(if u choose by candidate)

You have no power to decide the best candidate from the best party(in ur opinion) since no such system exists in India.

Thats the reason the congress party and their followers HAVE to suck up to the gandhi family.
                    Please dude spare the diatribe,
                    when it comes to politican there is no good choice in India.
                    So, whats new? And you are point is what?
                    Gandhi Family? Please tell me the outstanding other leaders of India.
                    What makes you think I wont vote independent?
                    And yes, I wont vote for BJP or CPI.
                    Let me guess, Knee-jerk kidney failing Vajpayee and their Bajrangi's is your choice
                    Last edited by Adux; 07 Nov 07,, 18:31.

Comment

Please dude spare the diatribe,
                      when it comes to politican there is no good choice in India.
                      So, whats new? And you are point is what?
                      Gandhi Family? Please tell me the outstanding other leaders of India.
                      What makes you think I wont vote independent?
                      And yes, I wont vote for BJP or CPI.
                      Let me guess, Knee-jerk kidney failing Vajpayee and their Bajrangi's is your choice
                      Hence the reason for this kind of problem in India. I will never vote for the Gandhi Family. They are not even outstanding leaders in that category. And I find your clumping Vajpayee with Bajrangi to be incredible offensive. Do you want me to lump the Gandhi family with the instigators of the Sikh massacre in 1984?

Congress is a party of idiots and traitors. Enough said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                        Do you want me to lump the Gandhi family with the instigators of the Sikh massacre in 1984?

They did, they are responsible for it.
                        There are only two Congress leaders i admire in some ways,
                        They are Indira Gandhi and PV Narisimha Rao

Comment

Really?

What about the Jats being OBC
                          Hey, I'm a Jatt, and I didn't get any quotas or reservations!! Or does the government draw some kind of distinction between Hindu Jaats and Sikh Jatts? AFAIK, I think we come from the same ancestors.
                          Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                          -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

• Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                            Hey, I'm a Jatt, and I didn't get any quotas or reservations!! Or does the government draw some kind of distinction between Hindu Jaats and Sikh Jatts? AFAIK, I think we come from the same ancestors.
                            Punjab govt does not recognise it!

If Sikh Jats are OBCs, then I reckon OBC will have a new meaning = big money and huge farms with tractors and "kambaine" (combined harvester)!
                            Last edited by Ray; 08 Nov 07,, 04:53.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

If Sikh Jats are OBCs, then I reckon OBC will have a new meaning = big money and huge farms with tractors and "kambaine" (combined harvester)!
                              Hey common now sir, it is the government which should make up its mind; reservations based on caste or reservations based on financial situation. Ofcourse, the latter sounds better but does not satisfy the vote bank hence probably will only slightly apply in the background of things with caste still taking the main light. Sad really. :(
                              Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                              -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

• Sir its not only Jats

Originally posted by Ray View Post

Ray Sir,
                                its not only Jats who come under OBC category,if you see OBC list of U.P and Bihar anybody apart from BHURABAL(Bhumihar,Rajput,Brahmin and Lala i.e kayastha) come under OBC which includes Marwaris and baniyas like Goel gupta and gargs etc. further Brahmins in Sikkim Assam and Northeast also come under OBC.These are the Brahmins displaced From Nepal(Except metei of Manipur.They are indigenous OBC ) they intermarry in U.P. and Bihar Brahmin community and Yet can claim OBC status.Our reservation policy is one big mess.
                                Earlier central list used to filter out such cases of state list but recent clamour for uniformity means all such cases would end up in central list sooner or later.

Comment

Working...
                                X