No announcement yet.

Neighborhood has gone to hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ha ha he probably knew that staying by you would be like staying in a goggie 5 star hotel,as thgey say dogs choose their owners

Comment

sorry i meant doggie i must really start doublechecking what i am writing

Comment

Originally posted by leib10 View Post
        That's too bad. Sigs are nice weapons.
        Classic Sigs. I don't like the new Sig-Pros. They just don't feel as refined as the old aluminum frames.
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Very true. Sig "sold out" when they went to the newer frames. Older pistols are top-of-the-line.
          "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by soutie View Post
            FYI there is an edit button right next to the "quote" button. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by soutie View Post
              You're not the only one. The vast majority of my many "last edited @..." posts are the result of not running the spell checker AND not using the "Preview post" button.
              Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
              (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
                You're not the only one. The vast majority of my many "last edited @..." posts are the result of not running the spell checker AND not using the "Preview post" button.
                Guilty as charged.
                Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Hey cRusty, we had a creep show up at the door this morning, did you send him over? I saw him walk up the driveway so when I went to the front door I saw him looking into the den. I surprised him when I asked what he wanted. The guy had one flyer with some writing and a phone number and said he was an auto detailer. He claimed he was a friend of "Martels" on the corner. He didn't know that Martels is a chain of dry cleaners.

I told him that he was in the wrong area and that he should proceed west down South Street for a few miles until he came to LaJara street and turn north......

Comment

Originally posted by RAL's_pal? View Post
                    Hey cRusty, we had a creep show up at the door this morning, did you send him over? I saw him walk up the driveway so when I went to the front door I saw him looking into the den. I surprised him when I asked what he wanted. The guy had one flyer with some writing and a phone number and said he was an auto detailer. He claimed he was a friend of "Martels" on the corner. He didn't know that Martels is a chain of dry cleaners.

I told him that he was in the wrong area and that he should proceed west down South Street for a few miles until he came to LaJara street and turn north......

Gee. Thanks Salty. That Ruger .45 Long Colt Blackhawk that my son-in-law gave me hasn't been tested yet. I'll give the barrel and cylinders a quick cleaning tonight.

Naw! I'll stick to the .357 magnum. We had a great housewarming barbeque at our daughter's and son-in-law's place Saturday night. One of her bridesmaids was there also and she agreed that sticking with the .357 with the S&W hollow points was best. Less chance of them going all the way through and hitting our neighbor's house.

It was an interesting conversation as she forgot I used to be a part owner of two gun shops, belonged to several gun clubs and have shot everything from a .22 short on up to a 76 mm cannon.

Oh! What does she know about guns? She's a Long Beach cop and graduated in the same class as our EX son-in-law. She was a bridesmaid at that wedding too.

And you think YOUR family life is wierd.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                      By and large the most problematic areas are high dencity and gun restrictive places. Much of the violence can be tracked to gangs and/or drugs. The nation would soon be a much safer place if we could, shoot-to-kill, ********ers and drug dealers on sight. Instead we are letting these people take over the neighborhoods untill they either kill themselves or are eventually arrested and locked away at a great expence to the community. Prison space could then be opened up for burglers, car theives, and identity theft/ fraud perps so they can be propperly punished. Then the only real criminals that would be left would be the ones we voted into office.
                      We have way too many problems because we are way too soft on criminals. They seem to have more rights than their victims.

The war on drugs is the main cause of the problem actually. If they where legal and regulated they are worth way less and crime is not involved so much as the profit is not there.

As an example weed in US is expensive and cheap in the Netherlands. No one gets shot over pot and the jails are not full of small time pushers users in the Netherlands.

Look at booze and organized crime in the 30's. People want to get messed up so badly they are willing to risk their lives over it. Prohibition does not work now any more than it did in the 30's.
                      Originally posted by GVChamp
                      College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

It kind of depends on the drug we are talking about. Pot should be regulated like alcohol, and it IS cheap in the states. You just have to know where to look.
                        Other drugs like meth have no place in any society except, for strict medical purposes. Meth and the violent yahoos that cook it, and use it are in a world of their own and are destroying cities one by one. Prisons are not filling with pot heads. It is the meth heads who go ape sheet while on the stuff that are one of the groups that are filling the prisons.
                        We can do with out coke or morphein on the street and we can especially do with out the pushers. These bottom feeders of society will always be around as it is more their mentality than it is the profit from selling illegal drugs. If we could wave a magic wand and all illegal drugs never existed, these people would still be pushing something so they can take over the nieghborhood. For them, it is about the power, the profit is secondary.

You can blame the war on, insert cause here, if you wish, but that does not explain why some 15 yr old punk gets a gun and blows away his rival down the street because the other guy is selling more. Even if drugs were dirt cheap there would still be losers who have to steal and burglerize for their next fix.
                        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Another incident the other night. But not from somebody wanting drugs, it was somebody trying to keep their job.

It was almost 2100 hours when the dogs charged the door and reinacted their prehistoric ancestral Dire Wolves. With those two 60 lb snarling and barking home companions, I didn't bother to get my gun. Since the security screen is double locked and the front door pretty thick of vinyl covered hardwood, I opened slightly to see who it was (I also have an automatic sensor light that comes on when anybody gets within 8 feet of the door).

Well, it was a young man (who stepped backwards from the porch because of the dogs) in his AMT uniform trying to sell us a burglar alarm system. I asked, "Isn't this a little late at night trying door-to-door sales?" He apologized and left.

I think Lucky and Buster are a pretty good alarm system all by themselves.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                            It kind of depends on the drug we are talking about. Pot should be regulated like alcohol, and it IS cheap in the states. You just have to know where to look.
                            Other drugs like meth have no place in any society except, for strict medical purposes. Meth and the violent yahoos that cook it, and use it are in a world of their own and are destroying cities one by one. Prisons are not filling with pot heads. It is the meth heads who go ape sheet while on the stuff that are one of the groups that are filling the prisons.
                            We can do with out coke or morphein on the street and we can especially do with out the pushers. These bottom feeders of society will always be around as it is more their mentality than it is the profit from selling illegal drugs. If we could wave a magic wand and all illegal drugs never existed, these people would still be pushing something so they can take over the nieghborhood. For them, it is about the power, the profit is secondary.

You can blame the war on, insert cause here, if you wish, but that does not explain why some 15 yr old punk gets a gun and blows away his rival down the street because the other guy is selling more. Even if drugs were dirt cheap there would still be losers who have to steal and burglerize for their next fix.
                            But bonehead you cannot assume that. You cannot assume that one cannot use drugs in a reasonable fashion that is not detrimental to him/her or the people around them. Not all drug users are as you so frankly put "bottom feeders." You must make the distinction from drug user and drug abuser as they are compleletly different things.

A drug user does what I just mentioned: uses drugs but does not harm his/her self or those around them. If used responsibly any drug can be very safe and possibly even good for an individual. It has been shown that the myth that pot can cause brain damage is completly far-fetched. Pot has also been shown to repair some damage to the brain associated with achohol consumption and believe it or not may even help prevent certain forms of cancer.

A drug abuser however is very different: a drug abuser may harm themselves by not practicing proper hygeine while administering their drug of choice, steal from family/friends, take excessive amounts of their drug of choice and allow addiction to control their lives.

The differences between the two are obvious and the choice is for the person. You cannot say that a drug is impossible to safely use and I actually challenge you to think of a perticular drug (otc inhalents like dust-off excluded) that cannot be safely taken like alchohol is by responsible people. Drugs are not the devilish things portrayed in "above the influence" commercials and the stereotype of all drug users being uneducated is extremly innaccurate.

Comment

Originally posted by jame$thegreat View Post
                              A drug user does what I just mentioned: uses drugs but does not harm his/her self or those around them. If used responsibly any drug can be very safe and possibly even good for an individual.
                              I'm a drug user. I take prescription drugs for High Blood Pressure, for Blood Thinner, for Heart (Coreg), Depression, Anxiety, Bone Cartilege replenishment, Red Blood Cell reduction, Vitamins C, E & B.

Thank goodness I have Blue Cross and Medicare A & B.

Comment

I have been ready to give a few would-be home intruders reason to re-think coming in uninvited was a good idea.

First was a nazi bottomfeeder who threatened me through the door of my brothers apartment while I was house -and .357- sitting. But he didn't put his hand on the doorknob, as I had ahold of it with my free hand & was waiting for a tell tale sign he wanted to come in when he clearly wasn't welcome.

The other near-miss was when someone started trying to pick the lock on my front door, mere seconds after I called it a night and my head just hit the pillow. This time around I grabbed my KaBar and probably didn't break a stride heading down to the front door.

While this criminal mastermind was click-click-clicking away at the front door's lock I was camped out inside my home which I know my way around in while it's dark, and was used to the little light available. He wasn't.

Eventually this person gave up. For effect I stepped over to the front window and put my KaBar back in the sheath. Whoever tried to break in must of seen me because I heard someone belt out "what the **** is he doing?!"

I was trying to see if I could spot a would-be intruder and letting him see I was putting my KaBar in it's sheath, as opposed to in his shoulder.

Comment

Working...
                                X