No announcement yet.

Vote for your Favorite Diorama!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All very well done! :) I was stuck, and couldn't decide for about half an hour! I ended up voting for dalem's American troops becaue of the battles depicted. Though I nearly went for the urinating Germans!
    "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
      That was my old dog Sten. He curled up for his last nap after 14 years of tongue-lolling 2 years ago. He was a beagle/Aussie Shepherd mix.
      I remember seeing pictures of Sten...but I kept thinking to myself, "how on earth would he get into the diorama?"
      :)
      "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

dam neck and neck good comp :)
        sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

This is possibly the fifth time I have visited the thread.

Had to even check up what is diorama. Honest. I thought it was vistavision and technicolour and all that stuff!

Horribly difficult to select since they all are so fabulous. Things I can never dream to do with any finesse.

Except from Dalem's dog which is outsized, it seems to be more attractive to the eye.

So, while the others are fabulous, could my vote be counted towards Dalem's exhibit less that outsized dog?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Oh My God

Iron u have not put my diorama in the contest
            i think i unread the mail of sending the pic in 72 hours
            Well i lost the time & contest....
            r u gona say this better luck next time?
            ROMAIL THE CKONE

Comment

Romail, it didn't appear to be a diorama.
              "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Dalem. Good job Dalem. It was neck and neck between you and Nord in my mind. The obect placement in Nord's was great but the action poses in Dale's were the deciding factor for me. I liked yours too RustyBattleship. Good job to the three of you.

Comment

I really like Nord's entry...the detail is great :) !
                  Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
                  - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
                    That was my old dog Sten. He curled up for his last nap after 14 years of tongue-lolling 2 years ago. He was a beagle/Aussie Shepherd mix.
                    Wait a minute. I was just thinking about it and the dog does not seem all that much bigger than the diorama...this must be a good sized diorama...

I would love to know the scale of all three. I had assumed that the men were about two inches high or so...but it appears that I was off.
                    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by THL View Post
                      Wait a minute. I was just thinking about it and the dog does not seem all that much bigger than the diorama...this must be a good sized diorama...

I would love to know the scale of all three. I had assumed that the men were about two inches high or so...but it appears that I was off.
                      It's all about perspective THL. The reason his diorama is so good is that they are in fact real miniature actors, and are hiding from the sudden appearance of a giant dog....
                      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by THL View Post

:) Sten was at 1:1 scale, about 20" tall. The diorama is all 1:35 scale, so the figs are about 1.5" tall.

-dale

Comment

Oh, man! I had it all wrong- I thought the scene depicted the desperation and helplessness felt by the American GI's what they first encountered the super-secret, genetically-engineered, giant Nazi beagles...

All right, that does it. I vote for the peeing jerries, for the great paint job.

Beautiful work form both Nord and Dale though, and both deserve a cookie. :)
                          Last edited by highsea; 19 Mar 07,, 07:18.
                          "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by Elbmek View Post
                            Congrat Nord, attention to detail is remarkable including the German in photo two, taking a leak!!!! ;)

Hehe Thanx!

Comment

Originally Posted by Elbmek
                              Congrat Nord, attention to detail is remarkable including the German in photo two, taking a leak!!!!

SIGH! And you guys are supposed to be our future intelligence operators and forward observers? We're doomed.

If you go back to the ORIGINAL thread and take a look at the 2nd to the last photo it shows that German with a 9 mm Schmeisser in his right hand (NOT his thingy) and binoculars chest high in his left hand. If he was taken a leak, he would commandeer somebody else's helmet as his is over his thingy.
                              Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                                Originally Posted by Elbmek
                                Congrat Nord, attention to detail is remarkable including the German in photo two, taking a leak!!!!

SIGH! And you guys are supposed to be our future intelligence operators and forward observers? We're doomed.

If you go back to the ORIGINAL thread and take a look at the 2nd to the last photo it shows that German with a 9 mm Schmeisser in his right hand (NOT his thingy) and binoculars chest high in his left hand. If he was taken a leak, he would commandeer somebody else's helmet as his is over his thingy.

I thought it was a joke.... hehe

Comment

Working...
                                X